IGNORED

England Vs Brazil / Belgium

I actually think we have looked decent, just 2 awful mistakes at the back.

I’m no fan of Southgate by any stretch (& i do feel he is the main reason this team won’t reach their potential, it’s still painful to look at the stats from the Italy final) but he can’t be blamed for anything tonight so far!

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Post his England stats vs his Middlesborough stats. You have clearly done your homework 🤣

Embarrassing 

I think there is a reasonable debate about how good a job Southgate’s done tbh. For the first time since Sven was in charge I think you can argue that a significant proportion of the team (Bellingham, Kane, Stones, Walker, Saka, Foden, Rice) are in the world class bracket or just below. And if you have 7 players of that nature, it then becomes reasonable to ask if we should have achieved what we have as a minimum or as a good achievement.

He’ll in no way go down as a bad England manager. But if we don’t get over the line this summer then there is an argument he’s underachieved based on the resources (noting they are skewed positionally)

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I think there is a reasonable debate about how good a job Southgate’s done tbh. For the first time since Sven was in charge I think you can argue that a significant proportion of the team (Bellingham, Kane, Stones, Walker, Saka, Foden, Rice) are in the world class bracket or just below. And if you have 7 players of that nature, it then becomes reasonable to ask if we should have achieved what we have as a minimum or as a good achievement.

He’ll in no way go down as a bad England manager. But if we don’t get over the line this summer then there is an argument he’s underachieved based on the resources (noting they are skewed positionally)

He's fighting against expectations. The squad is obviously talented so expectations are high. Is runners up good enough? 

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Cov liked a bit of brown and blue.

... allegedly 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Am I the only one who’s chosen to watch Wales instead?!

I can't. BBC Wales isn't available in Bucks 

One of those matches. In fairness plenty of intent by England, and in lots of ways unlucky to be behind, as the ball will just not go in. Don’t  deserve to be losing really. Equally at this level cannot give away a couple of daft goals. This midfield is exciting, lions defended by donkeys.