IGNORED

22nd March 2015

phantom

We are good as a big fish , possibly a Carp, in a small pond. 
There just doesn’t seem the courage to push on and get to the top division, which is frustrating for those who have seen us there and who have had enough of turning out against smaller clubs in the lower leagues. 

• Like 2

That's the only one of our FLT finals that I missed. I gad tickets, for the kids as well, I thought a day at Wembley would win them over as City fans.

Sadly, I injured my back a few days before and couldn't go. Gave the tickets away. Gutted.

Enjoyable day, strange too . I knew we would win , not even a second thought, we just would.  It was more a celebration of the season.

What really made the day . We caught the train and into Harrow ( I think) found a pub and settled in . Then a coach of lads I used to go to football with, 30 odd years before , turned up . Got a photo similar to one outside the Ship and Castle with 5 of us both . 

Then the train was delayed, because some ******** got stuck in the toilet , it took 3 1/2 hours to get back.

Good day though.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Enjoyable day, strange too . I knew we would win , not even a second thought, we just would.  It was more a celebration of the season.

It was a great day, but the complete lack of jeopardy with the result made the match a bit anti climatic didn't it? 

Even when we beat Bradford by 6 to go up, we had a few minor scares early on!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

What really made the day . We caught the train and into Harrow ( I think) found a pub and settled in . Then a coach of lads I used to go to football with, 30 odd years before , turned up . Got a photo similar to one outside the Ship and Castle with 5 of us both . 

Then the train was delayed, because some ******** got stuck in the toilet , it took 3 1/2 hours to get back.

Good day though.

Never in doubt

• Like 1

It was undoubtedly a great day out and there are some very funny stories from that day, but given our resources we should be looking at proper Wembley days out, not the Mickey Mouse Cup.  Way were currently going though it’ll be the Mickey again before anything else

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Roe said:

Nice to have the proper coat of arms badge rather than Jon's robin "crest" as well

I prefer the the Robin - it’s far more unique to us than the old crest which was very similar to others clubs.

These days many clubs have easily identifiable badges. Wolves is the obvious one as is the Foxes. In the PL Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs along with every club are easily recognised simply by their badge.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I prefer the the Robin - it’s far more unique to us than the old crest which was very similar to others clubs.

These days many clubs have easily identifiable badges. Wolves is the obvious one as is the Foxes. In the PL Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs along with every club are easily recognised simply by their badge.

Your knowledge knows no bounds

• Thanks 1

Nearly every game that season I was so confident we would win , went to nearly every away game that season too was always confident , great team , highlight beating Swindon at the gate after they had already one the league in November ( ******* ) and getting promoted away at Bradford 6-0 as the game was unfolding in front of me at valley parade I just kept thinking is this really my Bristol city , it was oh to have those days back again 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Good day though.

If it was the same train we came back on, it was actually 2 people stuck in the toilet much to the humour of those around us. Was telling this story only last week  

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

There are robins, and then there is that doltish doodle from Captain Calamity's pencil case.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Robbored said:

It ain’t rocket science RRL. 

Maybe not, but clearly getting three initials correct clearly is 😁

6 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I can hear a pair of smarmy little hands being rubbed together whilst the words: "small pond, big fish" are whispered, repeatedly into our subconscious,

With a white cat sat on his lap 

16 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Remember being stuck for hours getting anywhere near Reading on the way home

1926284_10152915554983248_4041127159824252507_o.jpg

I`m in that queue somewhere too. Best of it was, when we got to the scene of what we imagined must be a multi vehicle accident it turned out there were two cars on the hard shoulder who had obviously just had a shunt.

27 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m in that queue somewhere too. Best of it was, when we got to the scene of what we imagined must be a multi vehicle accident it turned out there were two cars on the hard shoulder who had obviously just had a shunt.

I’ll never forget seeing a City coach that had stopped on the M4 hard shoulder to allow half the passengers to offload some of their bladder contents, whilst many cars slowly passed blowing their horns 😂

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Haha 1