IGNORED

Slogan at the 'HPC'

Superjack

3 hours ago, Superjack said:

Watching The Women's Football Show. 

A segment on Lauren Smith showed this. 

Never a more appropriate slogan for this ownership. 

S. U. A. F. O.

IMG_20240325_014938.jpg

And hasn't that proved to be true, in all my yrs (approx 68'ish) supporting City, I've never felt so disenchanted with the club:dunno:.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

A number of ex players and people in the game have referred to this “family” culture and aligning it to being comfortable, sleepy and accepting of mediocrity. 

Referring to any place of work as a family is quite often a warning sign. Ironically, Netflix refers to their culture as one of a sports team, not a family.

This family culture is part of the problem for me.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Superjack said:

Watching The Women's Football Show. 

A segment on Lauren Smith showed this. 

Never a more appropriate slogan for this ownership. 

S. U. A. F. O.

IMG_20240325_014938.jpg

That’s cringey AF. Good god we are really losing it……

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The club seem to think tacky and cringey slogans will push the club into the Premier League.

Premier League bull*******

When will they learn that you can't just throw a "catchy" slogan out there without a hashtag preceding it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not convinced by the slogan. Pretty certain that if my Mum, brother, Aunts and Uncles played against Manchester City, my family would not come out on top...

Depends if Man City were managed by Dumblebore.

• Haha 1

how do you know that's a slogan at the HPC? 

It's just a stupid phrase on a red screen, I can't imagine for one second that is used to try to motivate players! (because obviously it's nonsense), unless they were about to play a game of Family Fortunes and good old Les Dennis was waiting somewhere off of camera.

Does anyone think we're trying to find ludicrous reasons to bash the Lansdowns? Because I do!

• Facepalm 1

Philosopher Daniel Dennett coined the word deepity to describe statements that are superficially profound but are actually trivial or meaningless. This slogan is a perfect example.

Perhaps Jon could add philosophy to his already extensive portfolio of skills. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

how do you know that's a slogan at the HPC? 

It's just a stupid phrase on a red screen, I can't imagine for one second that is used to try to motivate players! (because obviously it's nonsense), unless they were about to play a game of Family Fortunes and good old Les Dennis was waiting somewhere off of camera.

Does anyone think we're trying to find ludicrous reasons to bash the Lansdowns? Because I do!

It was clearly a slogan at the HPC. They showed it with one or two others. Granted, my picture might not make it look like that.

We don't need ludicrous reasons to 'bash the Lansdowns '. They give us enough ludicrous reasons as it is.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1