IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Brilliant game management, brilliant set up, brilliant performance. 

Do that against a team below us will change my view on manning tbf. 

Somewhat lucky with vardy missing chances but had quite a few ourselves and should’ve been a red in the first half. 

Fair assessment.

First and foremost great performance. No matter if we’re “better” against better teams or not, we still have to perform with the counter style and not just fold.

However, it’s not a style we can play against weaker teams, we know that. That’s where we need to see improvement. If you told me we’d take 3 points from this weekend, I know which I’d think were more likely to get it from - as silly as that might sound based on the table.

Great saves from Max today, though you’d put money on Vardy scoring at least one of them.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Frustrating that we know they have it in them to beat these teams but the inconsistency is the issue 

Playing well in one in 5 games isn’t good enough. LM now has to get these players to go and win the next 3-4 games and show that the plan & coaching is working and we can do something next season 

At least we do to the best teams what the rest do to us.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In my opinion his overall contribution to the team is generally negative. Yes he pops up with the odd goal, but it's not enough to counterbalance the other shite he does.

Agree generally but as he is still only 23 would be keen to give him next season if we are sticking with Manning, a coach who likes him, to see if he kicks on 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Somewhat lucky with vardy missing chances but had quite a few ourselves and should’ve been a red in the first half. 

I'll counter this by saying, if Leicester would have scored some of their numerous one on one chances, is it a brilliant set up and game management etc? 

• Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1
8 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Somewhat lucky with vardy missing chances but had quite a few ourselves and should’ve been a red in the first half

That foul on Wells was a stonewall penalty too

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Agree generally but as he is still only 23 would be keen to give him next season if we are sticking with Manning, a coach who likes him, to see if he kicks on 

Fair enough, I respect your opinion even if I absolutely disagree with it.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Superb win. 🤠

In the second half they were much better until our goal (really lucky with that gift to Vardy 😅 ), then we did well to protect the advantage and had some good moments upfront too. In the first half we were the better team, so overall a deserved result.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'll counter this by saying, if Leicester would have scored some of their numerous one on one chances, is it a brilliant set up and game management etc? 

If we’d got the penalties we deserved it wouldn’t have mattered. If you look at one ‘if’ you should look at them all 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Wonderful. The score of course, but really the performance. Would not have even been that mad if we had lost 1-2 and played like that. Never going to dominate them for 90, and Vardy most likely should have got them something, but we could have got a penalty and created other chances.

Can we do it against teams that are not at the top? Look at what worked today LM and keep it going.

Just what the club, and all of us needed!

It's clearly a mentality thing rather than technical. Same in the cup - mixing it up with the bigger boys no problem. 

Seems to me we have too many characters that enjoy the limelight but can't do it on a rainy tues night in stoke. 

Whether that's something that Manning can remedy, without a change of personnel I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I’ve always said what an excellent young coach Manning is . 
:whistle2:

Well done to all, just the one question, where’s the consistency ? 

I've always had you down as very level headed Your Maj cos the shite runs evenly out of both sides of your mouth !!