IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

What the Murun Buchstansangur happened there? Couldn’t see anything but a chastening defeat today. Yes, we were lucky Vardy apparently sold his shooting boots to pay Rebekahkahkah’s legal costs, but overall that was a very fine performance.

Mehmeti finally stops fannying about with Charles “Charlie” Charles dinks and puts his ****ing laces through the thing. Pick ee out the stingers, beeatches.

On our day, we can hold our own with anyone in this division, but you don’t need me to tell you it’s our day about it as often as it is Unlucky Alf’s from Fast Show.

I’ll take that all day long (Good Friday).

PS :laugh: at Vardy after his antics in September.

PPS Wankieat chant ever: “Just like Leicester, your city is blue.” How many teams are there in Leicester? One. Just like Bristol. 🔴⚪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another plus today was again putting pressure on the Sky production team and their perhaps understandable love in with top sides.

As others have said, Max was superb. Unlike other GKs, when he pulls off a top class save he just gets up and re focusses, no running around the box, screaming at defenders and high fiving everyone.

Thought Vardy did ok, got it on target, just out done by Max.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think most of us probably expected us to win today. Because thats what we do under Manning. 

Today's result changes nothing. 

WHEN we can beat the teams that plays in a low block, then things will change.

Just like the thousands of others that are not renewing?

Expected us to win?

Changes nothing? 

I understand everyone’s opinions differ but this just really confuses me. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Tried to follow the game but it was awkward.   Talksport were supposed to feature throughout but all they did was put updates on with no consistent commentary.     Kept looking in on this match day thread too but really wanted to listen to action to gain a proper understanding of what was going on over there.

Obviously we're pleased with the result but it would be unfair to just come on a rival fans message board to declare that.    From what I could learn as the game progressed Bristol City played well and in the end were value for the victory.     It seems the referee wasn't at his best but i'm just going from what I can learn from the comments made here as the game progressed.

What with this and the Southampton win a few weeks back it seems you have it within you to take on, challenge and even overcome the best sides in this division but it doesn't always go your way.    I don't think Leicester will make automatic promotion as they're simply too inconsistent now so that really leaves us, Leeds and Southampton to take the automatic promotion places.    Leicester I think just don't seem to have the nerve or stomach to see it through.

Well done on your victory.  

Cliffnotes of the game were that we had a decent first half, and probably should have at at least 1 penalty, but also missed some good chances.

2nd half Leicester improved, Vardy missed a couple of sitters and we got one not entirely against the run of play, but against the majority of possession if that makes sense.

Overall we earned the win, but a draw wouldn't have been unfair.

• Like 2
Just now, Davefevs said:

I think he is.  Why is it a cop-out?

the view is based on analysis.  Had he got his teams to play with this sort of endeavour and intent most weeks I wouldn’t have a problem.  He hasn’t though has he?

Good for you to feel the way you do.  Why have a pop at me for my view, it’s hardly just a 6 word cliche without any rationale.

What a strange post.

What is strange about it?   I am astounded that you have jumped on the "Manning out" bandwagon....considering he has had one transfer window?  I have always respected your opinion, but on this occasion i cannot help but feel you are way off target.  It is not a 'Pop" but merely an observation, that in my opinion , instead of using logic and commonsense, you  are being swept along by the negativity that prevails on this forum.   I am confident that next season we will be in the top 6 under LM.  He is NOT going anywhere, so we better get used to it? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
54 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Max, Dickie, Roberts, Pring, James, Twine, Knight and Mehmeti all very good. 8 out of the starting 11. 

O'Leary, Mehmeti & Pring were excellent, the others you mentioned were very good. 👍

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yet again you outdo yourself posting complete bollocks . Nobody despises anyone you clown. Many of us have quite rightly questioned mannings set up , tactics  & tactical decisions or lack of during games. Mehmeti has been poor generally since he signed . I’ve accused him of not being intelligent enough . Where please tell is there any evidence of them being despised. 

Read the previous posts - you clown

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What is strange about it?   I am astounded that you have jumped on the "Manning out" bandwagon....considering he has had one transfer window?  I have always respected your opinion, but on this occasion i cannot help but feel you are way off target.  It is not a 'Pop" but merely an observation, that in my opinion , instead of using logic and commonsense, you  are being swept along by the negativity that prevails on this forum.   I am confident that next season we will be in the top 6 under LM.  He is NOT going anywhere, so we better get used to it? 

Why does he need windows? Was very happy with the squad when he arrived, stated it being so as a major draw to the job.

Edited by The Original OTIB
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Strange one, i’m more then manning in then out camp as well but both sides are completely reasonable? 

Just because someone might not be imminently going doesn’t mean people can’t voice their opinions on them. Bit weird mate. 

• Like 3

I had a feeling that the quickish start, think we had 3 shots in the first 15-20 mins augured well- not including the penalty shout.

Am glad it did as I sent news that we were on Sky to many neutral mates today.

Back on game, Conway was sharper than he has been recently I thought. Structurally we were quite good, espcislly first half. Max had that one real alarming moment but otherwise impressive.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I had a feeling that the quickish start, think we had 3 shots in the first 15-20 mins augured well- not including the penalty about.

Back on game, Conway was sharper than he has been recently I thought. Structurally we were quite good, espcislly first half. Max had that one real alarming moment but otherwise impressive.

Ross a bit unsung, looked sharper than of late when on, bar a shot when should have crossed.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Gary Linacre, Walkers Crisps, Bill Maynard,  Alan Birchinall, Rodney Fern, Ted Moult................your boys took a hell of a beating !

Our Ted - rain, shine or gale force nine at Gate today mind. 🤣

• Haha 1
Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Ross a bit unsung, looked sharper than of late when on, bar a shot when should have crossed.

I'd be giving it both barrels to McRorie if I was available for the cross/pass when he wacks it into the side netting. That's the 3rd? time in the last few games, very poor and unprofessional.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

We must be your second team after beating Southampton despite their epic unbeaten run, and now Leicester 😁can’t see anyone catching you now, you’re certainly shoo-ins for top two.

You certainly are Luke.

I've been a member on OTIB since we were last in the championship, popped in a few times previously, thought the robins were unlucky not to win at Hull earlier this season.

You have a decent set of fans on here.

Always enjoyed my visits to Ashton Gate.

Fingers crossed we are promoted automatically, I wouldn't fancy us in the play-offs, even though I believe we are the best team in the championship. Unfortunately, our fans shall have to get use to losing once again, as we'll be one of the bottom half teams in the Premier League.

Edited by 1964w
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I haven’t jumped on any bandwagon, quite comfy making my own opinions thank you very much.  Not being swept along at all.

Perhaps you might find it worthwhile reading why I reached the conclusion I have.

I suspect many on here think I’m wrong.

But do you know what?  It ain’t nothing to do with being right or wrong, it is about expressing an opinion / judgement based on my own methods and reasons.

Good for you in your view.  Do you notice that I didn’t resort to belittling your opinion.  

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
17 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Expected us to win?

Changes nothing? 

I understand everyone’s opinions differ but this just really confuses me. 

What confuses me is the fact that after good performances against teams like West Ham, Forest, Southampton etc you are baffled how many of us thought we'd get a result today.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Didn’t get barged off the ball either, which previously i felt happened all to often for a man of his size. 

When you’re struggling for sharpness, it happens, your timing of the challenge can be out and you look powderpuff.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I think it should have gone to Max today, his saves won us the game, a couple of them were really top class,

Well, technically without Mehmeti, Max’s saves would have won us a DRAW 😉

Max was brilliant - it was a tough call for MOTM - even Sky admitted. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I had a feeling that the quickish start, think we had 3 shots in the first 15-20 mins augured well- not including the penalty about.

My West Ham supporting mate (not local) said he enjoyed the match and we deserved it.

He does call us 'Bristol City 0' though. Not sure that joke works well now as a WHUFC fan but he is a good mate and watches a lot of football. If he thought we were rubbish he would say so.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Confident we will be top 6 next season? That's an extremely bold call!!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What confuses me is the fact that after good performances against teams like West Ham, Forest, Southampton etc you are baffled how many of us thought we'd get a result today.

You personally said you had barely any motivation for todays game and were more excited about a haircut. 

Yet at the same time you were expecting us to win? Yep the logic really tracks there. 

Totally understand if you’re Manning out but if you aren’t going to consider both sides of the debate and give merits when they are deserved because we were somehow expecting to beat a side 35 points ahead of us, 10x the squad value, what’s the point debating in the first place. 

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

You personally said you had barely any motivation for todays game and were more excited about a haircut. 

Yet at the same time you were expecting us to win? Yep the logic really tracks there. 

Totally understand if you’re Manning out but if you aren’t going to consider both sides of the debate and give merits when they are deserved because we were somehow expecting to beat a side 35 points ahead of us, 10x the squad value, what’s the point debating in the first place. 

You're responding to the most unreasonable poster on here

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

£95m on the bench alone according to Sky 😮