IGNORED

Oooh Agh FGR!

REDOXO

9 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

RedOxo claimed mehmetis assist with us being up there:laugh:, parking was a doddle too,because we rocked up early to watch the city game, the road opposite into the houses had loads of spaces and 2 minutes out back up the lane after.  

next away play day we are going to try exeter, with more time to plan it, i can meet up with you and share a car down if you fancy it. probably be able to work it for a city alternative match day with the new tv deal👍 

no regrets from me about going, i wouldnt have gone to the gate anyway but did feel a bit sorry for RO dragging him away from possibly our second best performance this season under LM, at least from the games i have seen. 

Hope you had a good day despite the result. 

Still up for catching a game there myself. Even if it's conference next season. 

My old man lived in Nailsworth for the last few years of his life, so I guess that is some kind of (tenuous) affiliation. 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

My old man lived in Nailsworth for the last few years of his life, so I guess that is some kind of (tenuous) affiliation. 👍

im quite happy to go again, really enjoyed the space to move freely and a table and chairs to eat and watch tv before match. so easy to get to off m5 too👍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Superjack said:

Blinding afternoon. 

Diabetes it’s coming for you!  😂 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

im quite happy to go again, really enjoyed the space to move freely and a table and chairs to eat and watch tv before match. so easy to get to off m5 too👍

Out of interest did you go up Frocester hill and through Nympsfield?

5 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Out of interest did you go up Frocester hill and through Nympsfield?

yes, the lane to the ground was flooded in places which made dodging some potholes impossible but i was in a works loan car so it didnt matter too much.

i left my car behind as i wasnt sure where i was parking and didnt want my mirrors hit off but i neednt have worried, the roads around the houses up there had loads of space

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

yes, the lane to the ground was flooded in places which made dodging some potholes impossible but i was in a works loan car so it didnt matter too much.

i left my car behind as i wasnt sure where i was parking and didnt want my mirrors hit off but i neednt have worried, the roads around the houses up there had loads of space

Spot on

I live in Tetbury and thats part of my route to work, much easier than the stroud nailsworth route.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Blinding afternoon. 

Diabetes it’s coming for you!  😂 

that was soo funny,to be fair to that kid,he/she didnt give up all game,all done in great spirit aswell,respect to the fgr fans having a good laugh with him/her. will definitely remember that more than the game.

(there was a rather overweight child at the end of the stockport fans leaning over  giving the home fans in the south stand the big un all game,no nastiness or anything, just straight forward honest banter) the diabetes chant was as close as it got .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

that was soo funny,to be fair to that kid,he/she didnt give up all game,all done in great spirit aswell,respect to the fgr fans having a good laugh with him/her. will definitely remember that more than the game.

(there was a rather overweight child at the end of the stockport fans leaning over  giving the home fans in the south stand the big un all game,no nastiness or anything, just straight forward honest banter) the diabetes chant was as close as it got .

Aaaah! 

Now I understand @REDOXO's comment.

(I gave him a laughing emoji anyway to be polite 🤣)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

They'll struggle to get out of the national league Cotts or not, they'd likely have to at least increase their budget by 50% to compete for promotion

Top 6 at least L2 budget this season. I think increasing that by 50% for National League would be insane but this is Dale Vince. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Their biggest problem will be getting rid of the vast majority of overpaid and disinterested players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Top 6 at least L2 budget this season. I think increasing that by 50% for National League would be insane but this is Dale Vince. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Their biggest problem will be getting rid of the vast majority of overpaid and disinterested players.

A lot of budgets in the national league are bigger than those in league two, bigger attendances and no form of financial fair play in the national league has seen Wrexham have a bigger budget then half of league one when in national league and Stockport were paying players 6k a week when they were there. 

5 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Mad agents fees.

50k more than the Gas.

In fact only 7 teams in league 1 had higher agent fees than bottom of League 2 FGR.

Shocking. Especially when you look at the disinterested players. 

Had a really fun day in the away end watching them clinch promotion to league 1 at the mem with the fans and players celebrating on the pitch, who would have guessed less than 2 years later and now they are dropping out the football league entirely and the gas actually upgraded the stand. 😂

13 hours ago, Lrrr said:

A lot of budgets in the national league are bigger than those in league two, bigger attendances and no form of financial fair play in the national league has seen Wrexham have a bigger budget then half of league one when in national league and Stockport were paying players 6k a week when they were there. 

No one in the NL will be paying anywhere near what FGR are paying in L2 this season. If we take the recently published payments to Agents as a rough guide, only Wrexham paid more, FGR paid £260,000. Highest in the NL was Oldham at £80,000.

Just depends on how much Dale Vince wants to continue chucking money at the problem and how difficult it will be to get existing players off the payroll. There's around 30 in the 1st team squad!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

No one in the NL will be paying anywhere near what FGR are paying in L2 this season. If we take the recently published payments to Agents as a rough guide, only Wrexham paid more, FGR paid £260,000. Highest in the NL was Oldham at £80,000.

Just depends on how much Dale Vince wants to continue chucking money at the problem and how difficult it will be to get existing players off the payroll. There's around 30 in the 1st team squad!

hopefully there will be clauses in contracts relating to wages regarding which league they are in.