IGNORED

Fantastic Max!

reddogkev

Unbelievable saves today, especially the two (3?) from Vardy.  His reflexes and agility are truly sensational.

Hope he stays here for a while yet, but also curious, is he Premier League bound or is this his natural level?  What would his value be?

I've no idea his contract length but would definitely give him another 3 years.  We do still need a better back up keeper though.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, reddogkev said:

Unbelievable saves today, especially the two (3?) from Vardy.  His reflexes and agility are truly sensational.

Hope he stays here for a while yet, but also curious, is he Premier League bound or is this his natural level?  What would his value be?

I've no idea his contract length but would definitely give him another 3 years.  We do still need a better back up keeper though.

MOTM for me if it wasn't for those saves that game would of been different. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Was merely quoting numerous other comments of that ilk on here this season - Max is perfectly fine for us doing a good job 

As I've said before on these pages,do any of his critics ever look at other keepers in this and the prem? Obviously not from the idiotic comments 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I know.

We had a discussion in the pub pre match. Would you rather have Max or Bentley. I was the only one , out of 8 , who said Max. Felt like a dog with 2 dicks after ✌️

Decent keeper is Max. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

As I've said before on these pages,do any of his critics ever look at other keepers in this and the prem? Obviously not from the idiotic comments 

Good post. I have been critical in the past but when you look at what else is out there maybe the grass isn’t always greener!!!

• Like 1

Max is sound he gives more confidence than Bentley ever did at least you can hear him call and he dies come for crosses more than some we have had between the sticks in the past. 
Max is having a really good season, he one of the top shot stoppers in the championship at the moment

• Like 3

I'm a big fan of his and he's been a good upgrade over Bentley. 

Like every keeper who isn't at a big prem club he'll have his downsides but for basic GK attributes he's very good for this level and no reason why we should be looking for another no1 over other positions. I don't think he's Premier league bound which is a good thing for us! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

We had a discussion in the pub pre match. Would you rather have Max or Bentley. I was the only one , out of 8 , who said Max. Felt like a dog with 2 dicks after ✌️

Decent keeper is Max. 

Bentley is what as known as 'a shot stopper', Max is a much more complete keeper than that.

• Like 2

At the risk of being contrarian, I thought Max did what I would expect of him. All of his saves were good reactions to shots that were close to him. Peak-form Vardy probably scores a hat-trick today and he looked a shadow of himself. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Yes impressed with his passing out today and the throws rather than the kicks that sometimes can be a bit wayward.

Sorry, almost (actually should have), cost us the game today with the hospital pass out to Zak who was immediately tackled by 2 forwards.

Really bad and should have been punished.

52 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sorry, almost (actually should have), cost us the game today with the hospital pass out to Zak who was immediately tackled by 2 forwards.

Really bad and should have been punished.

It's a consequence of everyone playing out from the back. Every single keeper in a side that tries to play that way will make an error at times.  Ederson has , and he has more passing options than most keepers.

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Decent keeper is Max. 

Not even a question IMO. Bentley great at 1v1 , good shot stopper , but was terrified to leave his line and looked like he had divers boots on when a cross came in.

• Like 3

O'Leary was great today. He's a really good stopper. His general goalkeeping is good and he's young in Keeper terms.

He has the occasional error in him, but that's no different to other Championship goalies.

My issue is his kicking, but he's got time to improve that.

Have had my moans about Max over the season but he is a solid Champ keeper no doubt about it. For me he needs to vastly improve on low shots close to his body but his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. Was brilliant today.