IGNORED

Liam's dilemma

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

A win and Bristol Sport bot posts.

Tiresome.

You could have asked the hypothetical question without the gushing praise.

You could also have asked why it appears to be the case that James is not being renewed in what would be a brainless decision - you’ve got a line in, so ask.

Sorry to disappoint, but I know the OP and he's got nothing to do with Bristol Sport.............of course I could be a BS "bot" and that's exactly what I would say !  🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

If we got the penalties we deserved we’d have had a huge xG. You can’t just look at one lot of ‘what ifs’ and ignore the other.  We didn’t get lucky. We were unlucky not to have had two penalties 

Dickie wasn’t a penalty, got his arm around Choudhury, tugging him.

Conway was an easy pen to give.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Must have been really great tactical planning for the opposition. 
They had an XG of 1.9. 
That’s higher than in 22 other games Leicester played this season. So we didn’t exactly ‘keep them quiet’ due to some tactical master plan. 
22 other teams have limited them to less chances. 
And you very easily gloss over the Vardy chances. 
We could easily have lost that 3-1 had he tucked away those. 

It was a good win. But let’s not get carried away. We got lucky. 

If Liam tells Max to make multiple incredible saves before each game and instructs Anis to score, we only need them to follow ‘the plan’ and we’ll soon be flying up that table.

All those detailed opposition plans have got him a 33% win rate, exactly matching the statistical probability of any given football match. 

• Haha 1

On the ‘gushing praise’ bit; yes, Liam got it right yesterday. Great win and a great performance. I’m delighted with it. Having said that, we need to do it more than win the odd ‘one-off’ for people to start trusting in him. Maybe if we win the next 3 or 4 then people might start to think we’ve maybe turned the corner.
Im not in the ‘Manning out’ camp - as I’ve said in previous threads I’d much rather he turned it around than we started back down a chaotic road with an utter fiasco of another recruitment round. 

On James and Williams; ideally we should try to retain both. We’ve missed James and I believe that some of our poor performances have been as a result of his absence. If forced to choose then a fit James would trump a fit Williams for me - but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add words
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dickie wasn’t a penalty, got his arm around Choudhury, tugging him.

Conway was an easy pen to give.

I actually thought the one on Wells at the end was the most clear cut, just shoved him over with absolutely no thought of playing the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I actually thought the one on Wells at the end was the most clear cut, just shoved him over with absolutely no thought of playing the ball.

I don't understand how or why they just let these fouls go. Why does it make any difference if it is in the box or not? If that was by the touchline he would have went flying into the hoardings/crowd, and it would have been a foul and a definite yellow, yet in the box it's nothing at all. Same with Dickie, I can see why it wasn't given as both doing the grabbing and even with one player doing the grabbing on corners they are hardly ever given, but anywhere else it is a foul to us or to the other side, depending on who initiated it..

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I posted last week what an excellent pre-match interview Matty James gave. Yesterday showed he is right to praise Liam so highly for all the detailed work on the opposition; we did one over on Leicester. How many times in the last few seasons have we come away from AG and said the opposition had 'done a job on us' by working out our limited tactics? Plenty times. I reckon the coaching team did a great job in setting up to beat Leicester and Vardy's chances apart (he must be mates with Zak!) we were well worth the win. So many of us walked back to the Robins buzzing - what a great feeling

So the post asks a hyp0thetical question. If Liam has to choose between Matty or Williams to retain who would you choose? Assume fitness and wages are identical

Shouldn't we be giving praise to Sammy Bell? 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

And why would it even matter if CNG is a Bristol Sport employee, so what?  I'd work for Bristol Sport if they paid me enough to get out of bed each morning!

Because it's highly likely that he would be pushing club propaganda rather than expressing his own opinion. 

But I guess you know that.

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bugger me, Matt Le Tissiers joined the forum…!

So, you’ve got nothing then. Cheers for a valuable contribution to public discourse.

Public discourse? This forum does not represent anything to do with public, it is a cosy little chatbox for likeminded nay sayers of the club of which you seem to want to be the main windbag instigator.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 6

11 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Public discourse? This forum does not represent anything to do with public, it is a cosy little chatbox for likeminded nay sayers of the club of which you seem to want to be the main windbag instigator.

Awwww.

Dont worry Matt, when you discover what “the truth” you were so passionate about is you’re still welcome to join the cosy little chatbox.

BTW, as the forum is not private (although it is funded by members - hint - want to moan then put your hand in your pocket) - by definition it is public discourse.

If you’re short of cash I’m happy to chip in for a dictionary to help you understand what “public” means as I know cash is limited post soccer Saturday ending for you.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Yea the boos from the public in the Cardiff, QPR and Swansea games we just imagined. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

More of an Echo Chamber in my opinion.

“an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
"people are living in partisan and ideological echo chambers"
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Malago said:

More of an Echo Chamber in my opinion.

“an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
"people are living in partisan and ideological echo chambers"

Sigh.

By definition you posting this means it can’t be an echo chamber as you’re expressing an opinion contrary to the “norm”. Same as Matty Le Cotswold.

Maybe, if you think it is an echo chamber make your arguments persuasive and coherent. You won’t get jumped on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ghostie. You know as well as I do that the OP is one of the bot army. Its a valid question as to James or Williams to which the answer is the former any day of the week but the caching of the question is tiresome.

And several ITK people have indicated James isn’t being renewed. Unless that is for personal reasons on his behalf, the broader question is why someone, who as proved yesterday is integral to our team, is being jettisoned. Because it is the literal definition of a no brainer to keep him on.

And, back to the OP, that is “Liams Dilemma”

Didn’t James say yesterday he wants to stay? Or did I mishear that?

10 hours ago, Harry said:

They had an XG of 1.9. 
That’s higher than in 22 other games Leicester played this season. So we didn’t exactly ‘keep them quiet’ due to some tactical master plan. 

Ive read that about if Vardy scored loads of times. If he did then the concept of time, would have changed. Then no one would know what would have happened after. 
I’m not getting carried away, as we’ve all been here before. As my grandad said to me in the 70’s celebrate the wins, as with City there are going to be a lot more defeats. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I posted last week what an excellent pre-match interview Matty James gave. Yesterday showed he is right to praise Liam so highly for all the detailed work on the opposition; we did one over on Leicester. How many times in the last few seasons have we come away from AG and said the opposition had 'done a job on us' by working out our limited tactics? Plenty times. I reckon the coaching team did a great job in setting up to beat Leicester and Vardy's chances apart (he must be mates with Zak!) we were well worth the win. So many of us walked back to the Robins buzzing - what a great feeling

So the post asks a hyp0thetical question. If Liam has to choose between Matty or Williams to retain who would you choose? Assume fitness and wages are identical

Reminded me of a Ted Chippington joke, thanks.

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea the boos from the public in the Cardiff, QPR and Swansea games we just imagined. 

Fingers crossed for a defeat Monday for many on here I suspect, just so their wrecking ball gets swinging again. Actually before the game Friday this was the hope, we would get beat, that is just weird I cannot imagine personally that we lose any game, I have been City since Atyeo was playing for England, every defeat was a disaster and every win was a triumph, I would never boo. 

If you feel booing will help, why wait for half time or full time to boo, why not boo them as they come on before kick off that'll be just great.

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Harry said:

They had an XG of 1.9. 

Max mad some phenomenal saves.