IGNORED

Liam's dilemma

26 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Fingers crossed for a defeat Monday for many on here I suspect, just so their wrecking ball gets swinging again. Actually before the game Friday this was the hope, we would get beat, that is just weird I cannot imagine personally that we lose any game, I have been City since Atyeo was playing for England, every defeat was a disaster and every win was a triumph, I would never boo. 

If you feel booing will help, why wait for half time or full time to boo, why not boo them as they come on before kick off that'll be just great.

Luckily, not all our fans are as easily pleased as you, or we could find ourselves languishing below the Sags.  If you just blindly accept everything dished out by the club, what’s to stop them just getting complacent?  

Although it’s not our choice, we are customers now don’t forget, so if we don’t like the product being served up, we’ve got every right to complain.  

If you regularly went into a restaurant and kept getting served up shit food, only to be told by the owner that it’s his restaurant and he can do what he likes, what would you do?  

The most sensible options would be to refuse to eat there any more, or keep complaining and try to get him to raise his game and serve up some better food.

In your case, it appears you would rather keep going back and eating yet more crap food without complaint, instead criticising anyone else who complains about the poor standard of the product.  

Very odd behaviour and hardly likely to see any improvement, is it??

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

57 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Fingers crossed for a defeat Monday for many on here I suspect, just so their wrecking ball gets swinging again. Actually before the game Friday this was the hope, we would get beat, that is just weird I cannot imagine personally that we lose any game, I have been City since Atyeo was playing for England, every defeat was a disaster and every win was a triumph, I would never boo. 

If you feel booing will help, why wait for half time or full time to boo, why not boo them as they come on before kick off that'll be just great.

How many said (100%) they wanted a defeat? Actual number would be helpful, thanks. 

59 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

I have been City since Atyeo was playing for England, every defeat was a disaster and every win was a triumph, I would never boo. 

The Supporter of the year goes to…..

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Cheers Matt, at least we know your “truth” now.

And it’s bollocks.

Read this back: “Fans spend hundreds and thousands of pounds on their team each year in order to want them to lose”

Christs sake.

But in your world…

IMG_2801.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Luckily, not all our fans are as easily pleased as you, or we could find ourselves languishing below the Sags.  If you just blindly accept everything dished out by the club, what’s to stop them just getting complacent?  

Although it’s not our choice, we are customers now don’t forget, so if we don’t like the product being served up, we’ve got every right to complain.  

If you regularly went into a restaurant and kept getting served up shit food, only to be told by the owner that it’s his restaurant and he can do what he likes, what would you do?  

The most sensible options would be to refuse to eat there any more, or keep complaining and try to get him to raise his game and serve up some better food.

In your case, it appears you would rather keep going back and eating yet more crap food without complaint, instead criticising anyone else who complains about the poor standard of the product.  

Very odd behaviour and hardly likely to see any improvement, is it??

👏👏👏👏👏

2 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Of all your comments this is really the most disappointing. 
 If people really wanted this or want it why was everyone so positive and upbeat about yesterday’s win. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Ive read that about if Vardy scored loads of times. If he did then the concept of time, would have changed. Then no one would know what would have happened after. 

Yes logically if Vardy scores from his first chance then he doesn't get the second or third chances because the whole game from that point plays out completely differently.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Cheers Matt, at least we know your “truth” now.

And it’s bollocks.

Read this back: “Fans spend hundreds and thousands of pounds on their team each year in order to want them to lose”

Christs sake.

But in your world…

IMG_2801.jpeg

To be fair if the bloke has genuinely been watching City since Atyeo (although I get the impression he never goes now, just picks up the results then reacts on here) then he must be a good 80-90 years old. Add in the fact he ain’t Einstein (we all pump money into the club to hope they lose) and it’s probably not worth spending any more time reacting!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair if the bloke has genuinely been watching City since Atyeo (although I get the impression he never goes now, just picks up the results then reacts on here) then he must be a good 80-90 years old. Add in the fact he ain’t Einstein (we all pump money into the club to hope they lose) and it’s probably not worth spending any more time reacting!!!

Not 80 or 90 yet...do the math as they say. Actually I am a ST but not always go due to travel etc, hopefully that clears up your misconceptions about me. Always have supported the club, even in the dark days, IF you think this is bad how about the years in Div 3 South, ot bottom of the whole football leagues...but even then we were united on the whole, no throwing out the toys after every defeat,  mass sackings etc, seems like the big bucks of the Prem have skewed our view on the game.

56 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Not 80 or 90 yet...do the math as they say. Actually I am a ST but not always go due to travel etc, hopefully that clears up your misconceptions about me. Always have supported the club, even in the dark days, IF you think this is bad how about the years in Div 3 South, ot bottom of the whole football leagues...but even then we were united on the whole, no throwing out the toys after every defeat,  mass sackings etc, seems like the big bucks of the Prem have skewed our view on the game.

I was around in the 4th Division days too.  The big difference then was we had people in charge who wanted the best for the club.  

I don’t believe this is the case with the current owner and board and I suspect that belief is held by many other fans.

There’s your big divide and is probably as much a reflection on what’s happening behind the scenes, as what’s actually happening on the pitch.

The fans were united when we were at the bottom and we believed in what the club were trying to do.  I’m sure you’ll find there are far fewer with any kind of belief right now.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

I was around in the 4th Division days too.  The big difference then was we had people in charge who wanted the best for the club.  

I don’t believe this is the case with the current owner and board and I suspect that belief is held by many other fans.

There’s your big divide and is probably as much a reflection on what’s happening behind the scenes, as what’s actually happening on the pitch.

The fans were united when we were at the bottom and we believed in what the club were trying to do.  I’m sure you’ll find there are far fewer with any kind of belief right now.

As I was, and started in the third division prior to that particular ‘dip’ to the fourth.

I have, however, little doubt the current Owner and The Board wish to achieve success. 

Certain parts of their ‘model’ seem to be heading in the right direction. For example, not many Championship Clubs had attendances at their grounds over the last couple of days exceeding 46,000, with the stadium and support receiving glowing praise from a national broadcaster. 

I do think the football side needs work still and I remain sceptical that the current set up off/on field will deliver success. I would love to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

As I was, and started in the third division prior to that particular ‘dip’ to the fourth.

I have, however, little doubt the current Owner and The Board wish to achieve success. 

Certain parts of their ‘model’ seem to be heading in the right direction. For example, not many Championship Clubs had attendances at their grounds over the last couple of days exceeding 46,000, with the stadium and support receiving glowing praise from a national broadcaster. 

I do think the football side needs work still and I remain sceptical that the current set up off/on field will deliver success. I would love to be proved wrong.

Didn't know the attendance  was that big, shouldn't that be a Health and Safety issue?

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Tbh, it just feels to me like the owner is trying to build a sporting empire, but with little interest in the football club itself.

As you say, the football side definitely needs work and I see precious little desire from SL to improve what we’re seeing on the pitch.

I think we’re actually pretty much where he wants this club to be.  Safe in the Championship, so getting the higher TV money etc, but without the crazy costs and pressures involved in the Prem.  As long as we keep a few young players trickling through to be sold on, I think he’ll be happy.

I suspect a lot of us fans have ambitions a bit higher than that, though I think we’ll ultimately be disappointed under his ownership. 

It would be lovely to be proved wrong though🤞

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Didn't know the attendance  was that big, shouldn't that be a Health and Safety issue?

Erm… 26,000 City, 20,000 for the Women’s rugby. 

That’s about 3 months worth of Sags attendances for the stadium in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Expand  

How many said (100%) they wanted a defeat? Actual number would be helpful, thanks.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Atyeo finished in 65/66, so even if this person’s first season supporting us was his last, that was 58 years ago.

Assuming he was at least 12, that makes him 70.

So younger than you say, but still as irritating.

Edited by GrahamC

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We were lucky and unlucky. Probably evened itself out.  

I'd say disallowed goals when valid more unlucky than penalty decisions. The latter can always be missed/saved. Manning thought we rode our luck at times, as well as making our own luck. Vardy off day a very big factor for me though.

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I'd say disallowed goals when valid more unlucky than penalty decisions. The latter can always be missed/saved. Manning thought we rode our luck at times, as well as making our own luck. Vardy off day a very big factor for me though.

We did ride our luck at times and got very unlucky at times.  Every fan will have biases either way. It’s human nature. People who want Manning out with naturally think we got lucky. Those who want him in will see it differently. Thankfully it’s only football! 

On 30/03/2024 at 07:48, Harry said:

Must have been really great tactical planning for the opposition. 
They had an XG of 1.9. 
That’s higher than in 22 other games Leicester played this season. So we didn’t exactly ‘keep them quiet’ due to some tactical master plan. 
22 other teams have limited them to less chances. 
And you very easily gloss over the Vardy chances. 
We could easily have lost that 3-1 had he tucked away those. 

It was a good win. But let’s not get carried away. We got lucky. 

Hermansen double save first 15, 20 mins.

McCrorie side netting not long before the goal. Mehmeti first half that could have lead to something too.

Goals change games, Vardy missed sure but we had our moments, decent ones at 0-0 too.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Atyeo finished in 65/66, so even if this person’s first season supporting us was his last, that was 58 years ago.

Assuming he was at least 12, that makes him 70.

So younger than you say, but still as irritating.

He actually stated that he had been a City fan since Atyeo was playing for England which makes it about 9 years earlier (1956-57).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

We did ride our luck at times and got very unlucky at times.  Every fan will have biases either way. It’s human nature. People who want Manning out with naturally think we got lucky. Those who want him in will see it differently. Thankfully it’s only football! 

I called it during the game, probably a one goal game. Just a feeling based on what was going on. Not a Manning in or out thing on balance for many. Just a good game but with relatively low quality in front of goal in the main.

On 30/03/2024 at 07:48, Harry said:

Must have been really great tactical planning for the opposition. 
They had an XG of 1.9. 
That’s higher than in 22 other games Leicester played this season. So we didn’t exactly ‘keep them quiet’ due to some tactical master plan. 
22 other teams have limited them to less chances. 
And you very easily gloss over the Vardy chances. 
We could easily have lost that 3-1 had he tucked away those. 

It was a good win. But let’s not get carried away. We got lucky. 

Proves one thing

XG counts for Jack

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 16:09, Silvio Dante said:

Awwww.

Dont worry Matt, when you discover what “the truth” you were so passionate about is you’re still welcome to join the cosy little chatbox.

BTW, as the forum is not private (although it is funded by members - hint - want to moan then put your hand in your pocket) - by definition it is public discourse.

If you’re short of cash I’m happy to chip in for a dictionary to help you understand what “public” means as I know cash is limited post soccer Saturday ending for you.

So now you are really struggling to keep up any coherent argument....having to resort to silly jibes. i.e Matt etc, take some time off go for a walk, take a day off from here, you might have a better bigger view of the World your little chatty box jibes and hating might feel a little less important in you 'life'.

I am not a rich man but thanks for the offer, I am though rich in what surrounds me here, it soothes the soul you really should step away for a bit, the forum will still be here when you get back, Mr P Dave and all see to that.