IGNORED

Increased Championship Attendances

RedLionLad

Since 2012/13 only Leeds, Ipswich and Middlesboro have seen a more substantial average increase than Bristol City in their home attendances

Leeds have increased by 14266, Ipswich by 11299, Boro by 9970 and us by 9244

13 teams in the Championship in 2012/13 are also there in 2023/24

434057404_976605450493842_459339159352206233_n.jpg

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 6

The redevelopment of AG makes a significant difference. The stadium and facilities are soo much better than they were.

On huge difference for me is going for a slash and not having to stand with piss all over the floor……….:cool2:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The redevelopment of AG makes a significant difference. The stadium and facilities are soo much better than they were.

On huge difference for me is going for a slash and not having to stand with piss all over the floor……….:cool2:

Where 12 years ago at Ashton gate were you pissing all over the floor? 

#AnotherPointlessRobboredPost

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Redevelopment effect, we aren't the same club we were 10 years ago for better or worse

I would also factor in more visiting fans from many bigger teams than usual

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah but the downside to this is that if you get caught short during the game then you miss it!

I remember the good old East End (where the Heineken lounge now is) had a gap between the wall and the roof, so you could enjoy relieving yourself into a trough whilst continuing to watch the game!!!

Ah the good old days!!!

• Haha 3

Worth noting that this is only reflective of current and then championship sides rather than the whole country, where presumably we haven't seen as much growth as the numerous teams that have strolled past us to the Prem

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

I assume you must be female - all the male fans know exactly what I mean…………:cool2:

No, none at all, since first attending Ashton gate in 1994, I can’t say I’ve ever had to piss on the floor. 

So going back to the point, of 12 years ago, not the old east end when you were a young lad many years ago, but just 12 years ago, where in Ashton gate did you need to piss on the floor?

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

No, none at all, since first attending Ashton gate in 1994, I can’t say I’ve ever had to piss on the floor. 

So going back to the point, of 12 years ago, not the old east end when you were a young lad many years ago, but just 12 years ago, where in Ashton gate did you need to piss on the floor?

the bogs in the old east end were pretty special. It was pretty much a wall. you did well getting in and out without getting someone else's piss on your leg or shoes!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Glasgow Red said:

the bogs in the old east end were pretty special. It was pretty much a wall. you did well getting in and out without getting someone else's piss on your leg or shoes!

The splashback was horrendous

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's when you have not gone for a slash but still find yourself standing with piss all over the floor that you have to worry RR!

49 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

The piss was already there Wend.We had to tread thru it to to reach the urine trench. It was pretty disgusting.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Don’t worry whilst I don’t remember it,  I know exactly what you meant, by what you said. 

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Don’t worry whilst I don’t remember it,  I know exactly what you meant, by what you said. 

Before the redevelopment the bogs at AG were pretty disgusting but everyone knew what to expect if you needed a piss. 

The ones at the top corner of the EE and ones on the left side of Dolman were particularly unpleasant. Delighted to see the toilets improve so much after the redevelopment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Dog Comedy GIF by CBC

Ashton Gate men’s toilets 10 years ago

With those two deck chairs, are you sure that is not the Memorial Stadium?

25 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

Are we seriously suggesting our gates have increased purely because our Loo’s have improved? Surely there’s more to it than that.

Yes, we beat Southampton!