IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle away match thread

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think Mehmeti is looking really promising in that '2' behind the striker at the moment.

Very much so it gives him freedom to roam and get into dangerous positions, plus playing Roberts and Pring means that he does not have to track back quite so much.

• Like 1
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure who posted it, but someone shared a picture with an example of how it can look , I think it may have been Rugby I'll have to look. But that was the point I realised and started questioning things myself.

I found this…

IMG_2616.webp

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No worries.

I try and stay civil on here at all times, but your comment angered me to the point of swearing.

If you'd ever like to understand how being colourblind can affect life, or football, then feel free to ask.

I hadnt considered the green/red impact either so its good to see that its recognised.

Having said that id love the third kit to be white.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The most impressive things today is we saw signs that Manning is finally prepared to change things if Plan A isn’t working as evidenced by the change of shape during the first half and again at half time. We’ve been told he’s learning on the job, hopefully this learn is now a permanent addition to his toolbox.

This is why I’m happy to give Manning time. He’s a young coach and bound to learn, gain experience and get better, just like a young player (e.g. Semenyo, who some also wrote off at the start of his City career). Plus we have seen some really good performances under him so there have been some good signs. It doesn’t make sense to me to bin him off after just a few months. And yes I know we had an experienced manager before him who shouldn’t have been sacked, but that’s in the past and we can’t change that. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure who posted it, but someone shared a picture with an example of how it can look , I think it may have been Rugby I'll have to look. But that was the point I realised and started questioning things myself.

Yeh. I absolutely detest the piss-yellow Norwich kit we have...but it's one redeeming feature is that it's very high-contrast and so is very useful when we play against a team that use a block kit of a dark colour - Plymouth, Middlesbrough, Forest etc. 

Anyway, I only caught the last 15 minutes of today but it looked like we played pretty well against a Plymouth team who could at times threaten, but didn't quite have the ability to make that last pass or shot and actually threaten out goal.

Great to get back to back wins, and we're actually back up to 1.5ppg over the last ten games 😂

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Hopefully we can put a solid run now till the end of the season. Sunderland an absolute shambles today and Blackburn who spanked them up as a next two.

Yes it would be nice to beat last season’s 59 points 

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I hadnt considered the green/red impact either so its good to see that its recognised.

White is also an excellent choice. I'd love us to just have a standing set of red/white home, white/black away, and purple/lime third kits. That would work, would be unique to us, and says "City" to me.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

Well done Liam and the boys

I was Manning out even after Swansea. Still has some work to do to convince me that he's the right man. But today he deserves some credit - made some changes at half time after a very poor opening 30. We came out vastly improved in the second half - often we have got worse so that was good to see. Didn't wait until 60 mins to change it!

Mehmeti was lively, direct, everything we need him to be, especially second half. I'm sure they were relieved to see him go off (pre-planned?) especially to be replaced by Cornick. I've not seen him live very much - he runs about a lot, but I haven't seen a professional football player look so ungainly and strike the ball so un-cleanly. (Not just talking about the shot that turned into a great pass to Sykes!)

Vyner looked calm and classy, Knight very good to watch in that deeper role. Twine makes a difference - seems to be quite key for Manning, but as he probably won't be here next season that gives us a problem to solve.

All in all an enjoyable away day. Enjoyed the chants of 'say hello to rovers 👋 '

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree. 
I think in recent weeks Mehmeti has been our most influential player. 
Of course, not everything he tries will come off, but that’s the life of a winger - you are tasked with being positive and trying to create/score. 
He’s had a number of involvements in goals (not assists and goals but also in build up to chances and goals). He carries a threat running with the ball and allows us to get ‘up the field’. 
He’s a threat. It won’t always come off, but when it’s does it’s great. 
I’d much rather have a winger like him, who tries things but often fails, than a winger who doesn’t try anything and just checks back to the full back all the time. 
I believe in Mehmeti. I’m sticking by him. 

Well said. 

• Like 1

Great win - well done Liam and the lads. 
In one respect I’m happier with todays win than Friday’s - of course I’m delighted with both, but this season we’ve played better against the higher placed sides and been undone by the strugglers. 
Now we’ve shown that we can beat teams at both ends of the table. 
A very wounded Sunderland next - despite it needing an utter miracle for us to exit the league at either end of the table, for me it’s getting interesting!!!

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

White is also an excellent choice. I'd love us to just have a standing set of red/white home, white/black away, and purple/lime third kits. That would work, would be unique to us, and says "City" to me.

Hopefully the three kits will be along these lines next season 

As mentioned within this thread our club are very on the ball with this topic, and one thing we won't have to worry about that horrific looking Robin for much longer 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, eardun said:

This is why I’m happy to give Manning time. He’s a young coach and bound to learn, gain experience and get better, just like a young player (e.g. Semenyo, who some also wrote off at the start of his City career). Plus we have seen some really good performances under him so there have been some good signs. It doesn’t make sense to me to bin him off after just a few months. And yes I know we had an experienced manager before him who shouldn’t have been sacked, but that’s in the past and we can’t change that. 

Love this post mate

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Show me where I agreed with them telling you to **** off please 

Did you not like the original posters post which he told me to xxxx off ,  if I’m wrong my apologies 

by the way with respect to the original poster he has explained his reasonings 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Credit to LM today. He tweaked Roberts’ positioning in the first half which changed the momentum and then the half time subs have us playing very well this half. Anis two good performances in a row?

Can you expand further?  I had a tough time watching on RTV today…what change did he make?

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Mehmeti won’t get an assist for today which is why assist stats are flawed.  Someone will use his lack of assists to beat him with at some point I’m sure but for me today is an assist. 

Was it a Wells goal or OG btw?

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

It must be so confusing for a number of people that we are 6 points off last seasons total with 6 games to go. And Manning’s PPG also beats last years total 

But but but Nigel 🤣

Was 59 points the target for this season for either manager?

No.

Simple as that.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hopefully the three kits will be along these lines next season 

As mentioned within this thread our club are very on the ball with this topic, and one thing we won't have to worry about that horrific looking Robin for much longer 

They're ok. They've got a little bit better in recent times. We still get the odd slip up like Forest away, but they're better.

17 minutes ago, TheReds said:

You gave flames to the comment of **** off, doesn't that mean you agree with it? 

👍 have had dialogue with the original poster and all sorted now , I understand his frustration/ anger but I didn’t take kindly to being to told to xxxx off with a debate or facts thrown my way to understand ,

all put to bed now I hope 

gonna enjoy the 3 points now and laugh at Rovers late promotion push 😂😂😂😂