IGNORED

Josh Stokes

I love this interview.  I love the interviewer so committed to his club, and with so much knowledge about Sokes time with them. I love the fact when Stokesy was asked about his move, he shifted it back to loving his time at Aldershot.   He seems like a genuine lad and I hope it works out for him with us.  

Don't that stand (yes, stand) look ******* amazing too! 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I love this interview.  I love the interviewer so committed to his club, and with so much knowledge about Sokes time with them. I love the fact when Stokesy was asked about his move, he shifted it back to loving his time at Aldershot.   He seems like a genuine lad and I hope it works out for him with us.  

Good ground. Went there a few times when I lived nearby. Watched a few Chelsea reserves games there too and saw a lot of talent

12 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Think the next few weeks training with first team will be telling, almost like a trial to see if LM thinks he ready for it. 

JS has been training with the first team (when Aldershot haven’t had a mid-week game) since he signed.

They’ve been impressed with him from what I’ve heard. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I've stood in the East bank a few times. Fans make a lot of noise and always a good day out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I hope he's on the bench tomorrow , I doubt he will be but it would add some interest .

@GrahamC and I were discussing it the other day and I reached out to another otiber who shall remain nameless, but none of us could work out if he was eligible or ineligible based on the rules!  My gut feel is no he’s not, but as he’s u21 he doesn’t need to be added to the squad list. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Elijah Morrison in the uncut video, maybe he has a chance of being included.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC and I were discussing it the other day and I reached out to another otiber who shall remain nameless, but none of us could work out if he was eligible or ineligible based on the rules!  My gut feel is no he’s not, but as he’s u21 he doesn’t need to be added to the squad list. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I think he is eligible, but don’t think he will be used 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TammyAB said:

Is Stokes more likely to be a first team player next season or loaned out to L1 or L2?

Said this on another thread but, if the plan is to only bring in two over the summer then I think there has to be a belief that three or four players already at the club will step into the first team squad. 

I’d have thought Stokes would be very much in the frame to be in and around the squad at a minimum.

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’d have thought Stokes would be very much in the frame to be in and around the squad at a minimum.

This is my view too, out squad isn't large enough to be loaning players like him out.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My assumption was he's only played for Aldershot and their season has finished , the loan is over . I thought he would be available. 

As for Morrison , I wondered if he might be involved when he appeared so prominent in the Video. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I think he is eligible, but don’t think he will be used 

If he was it would make the Mebude transfer even more strange. 

He would obviously replace one of the attacking options on the bench and it wouldn’t be nakhi/cornick etc the only person he could replace is Adire. 

Either way hopefully one, or more, of the youngens get some minutes tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My assumption was he's only played for Aldershot and their season has finished , the loan is over . I thought he would be available. 

As for Morrison , I wondered if he might be involved when he appeared so prominent in the Video. 

Normally you’d have to be registered on our squad list at the end of the winter window, and normally he’d be registered with Aldershot for the season.  Max Bird is registered on Derby’s squad list for example, not ours.  But because he’s u21 that’s not the case.  And because Aldershot are national league, it means it’s a bit uncertain.  Seb Palmer Hpulden couldn’t finish at Newport tomorrow and play for us at Stoke next weekend for example.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Normally you’d have to be registered on our squad list at the end of the winter window, and normally he’d be registered with Aldershot for the season.  Max Bird is registered on Derby’s squad list for example, not ours.  But because he’s u21 that’s not the case.  And because Aldershot are national league, it means it’s a bit uncertain.  Seb Palmer Hpulden couldn’t finish at Newport tomorrow and play for us at Stoke next weekend for example.

Yep, and  thinking about it, if the loan would have covered the playoff games then he's still registered for them .

Ah well , Mebude it is then

Looking For GIF by Team Coco

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Feels almost like one we should just try. 

I'm pretty sure the penalty for fielding an ineligible player in a league game is simply a forfeit of any points gained in that match, plus a fine. We can take that penalty. It would have no effect on us.

Could be that we try it. Test the EFL.