IGNORED

Classless Pep

harvey54

Gives Grealish half an hour yesterday then rips him a new one on the pitch after the game and in front of all and sundry. 

I suppose it comes with thinking your untouchable as a manager but I thought it was wrong. Fergie would never have done it.

And I thought Doku was even worse than Grealish. Couldn't shoot to save his life and didn't create anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That Man C team is finished. Been saying it for a while, thrilled that Keane referred to Haaland as a league two player, reminds me of the ex Luton striker Steve Howard! Touch and overall play is dire to watch, massively overrated,

Don’t follow this stuff closely but that is a truly embarrassing thing to say.

Just like Gary Neville moaning about Arsenal celebrating too much, the ex Man U players jealousy that their team are now miles adrift of the best 3 sides is genuinely pathetic.

• Like 7

They were well off the pace yesterday. KdB has looked half fit for a while Haaland was out for a long time and not been firing on all cylinders. 

I think Peps loyalty to certain players might cost him this season. 

As for Arsenal, I've a massive soft spot for Spurs so I might not comment but I think Liverpool have the easiest run in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That Man C team is finished. Been saying it for a while, thrilled that Keane referred to Haaland as a league two player, reminds me of the ex Luton striker Steve Howard! Touch and overall play is dire to watch, massively overrated, KDB also looks past his sell-by date. Think they need some new creative players. Arsenal are the future and can see them dominating for years. 

🤡

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Gives Grealish half an hour yesterday then rips him a new one on the pitch after the game and in front of all and sundry. 

Quite clearly not ‘ripping him a new one’.  You missed out referencing Grealish’s reaction.  He was listening intently to what Pep was saying and nodding in agreement! Pep has these kind of conversations at the end of every game, with his own players and sometimes with the opposition as well.  

• Like 6

All three of those teams at the top have some pretty unlikeable characteristics really. 

I guess if one has to pick them it's anyone but Man City...buy in my ideal world I'd have none of them win it.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Man City's demise can't come quick enough. 

Assuming they're guilty of even a fraction of the financial doping charges they're accused of, then when the verdict eventually comes, it will be one of the biggest scandals in European football for many years.

And they'll be a big fat asterisk next to Pep and their achievements over the past 10 years. 

It'll come.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That Man C team is finished. Been saying it for a while, thrilled that Keane referred to Haaland as a league two player, reminds me of the ex Luton striker Steve Howard! Touch and overall play is dire to watch, massively overrated, KDB also looks past his sell-by date. Think they need some new creative players. Arsenal are the future and can see them dominating for years. 

FML Keane is a nob and that's a United slanted view.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
Crap April fools joke?
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Assuming they're guilty of even a fraction of the financial doping charges they're accused of, then when the verdict eventually comes, it will be one of the biggest scandals in European football for many years.

And they'll be a big fat asterisk next to Pep and their achievements over the past 10 years. 

Chelsea?

Not sure there’s a cigarette paper between them.

Their money effectively came from Putin.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

All three of those teams at the top have some pretty unlikeable characteristics really. 

I guess if one has to pick them it's anyone but Man City...buy in my ideal world I'd have none of them win it.

It'll come.

…and then the 4th place team is Villa who are arrogant nobheads when they come down to our level. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I suppose it comes with thinking you’re untouchable as a manager but I thought it was wrong. Fergie would never have done it.

Pep is untouchable. He’s the best manager in Europe, pretty much every top European club would want him. He’s a serial winner and that showed when he roasted Grealish in public. He was clearly pissed off with JG.

I’m not a fan of either Manchester club and really wanted the Gunners to nick a 1-0 win but earning a point is second prize I guess.

Edited by Robbored

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chelsea?

Not sure there’s a cigarette paper between them.

Their money effectively came from Putin.

In terms of where the money came from, yes. And to be fair Chelsea were (eventually) sanctioned for that. 

Regards breaking financial rules though, City have (allegedly) taken it to another level. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pep is untouchable. He’s the best manager in Europe, pretty much every top European club would want him. He’s a serial winner and that showed when he roasted Grealish in public. He was clearly pissed off with JG.

I’m not a fan of either Manchester club and really wanted the Gunners to nick a 1-0 win but earning a point is second prize I guess.

I'm not questioning Peps record. That is untouchable. I'm just saying I think he was out of order singling out Jack in public. There were just as many players who underperformed yesterday than played well. 

On a personal aside I can't stand Arteta. I'd rather anyone won the league than Arsenal 

• Hmmm 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, lenred said:

Quite clearly not ‘ripping him a new one’.  You missed out referencing Grealish’s reaction.  He was listening intently to what Pep was saying and nodding in agreement! Pep has these kind of conversations at the end of every game, with his own players and sometimes with the opposition as well.  

Fergie would have put his arm around him on the pitch and painted the dressing room walls with him when they got inside. 

I couldn't see what Grealish did that wrong but then again I'm not a world class manager! 

Edited by harvey54

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Haaland is a strange one for that Man City team. Unless he scores he hinders the team. They were a lot more fluid before and could change things if it wasn't working. Haaland is rarely subbed isn't he? So it's usually just a change to the wide players, Doku doesn't really do much and Grealish doesn't have a great impact sometimes. They miss Mearez I think. Even Cole Palmer would've given them something different. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

On a personal aside I can't stand Arteta. I'd rather anyone won the league than Arsenal 

Arteta was Peps number two for a few seasons and he’d have know exactly how City would set up and try to play.

The game a draw written all over it and I regret not putting a few quid on Liverpool to win and Arsenal to draw.

Not sure what odds the double would have been but it being Easter Sunday I thought the bookies would be shut.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Arteta was Peps number two for a few seasons and he’d have know exactly how City would set up and try to play.

The game a draw written all over it and I regret not putting a few quid on Liverpool to win and Arsenal to draw.

Not sure what odds the double would have been but it being Easter Sunday I thought the bookies would be shut.

Man City 2/1 with some bookies to win the league now. That looks tempting 

• Admin
1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

I suppose it comes with thinking your untouchable as a manager but I thought it was wrong. Fergie would never have done it.

And I thought Doku was even worse than Grealish. Couldn't shoot to save his life and didn't create anything. 

Completely misunderstood what was happening, nothing to see here.... 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

This exactly 

Though it generates a great story for those who take things without any context 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I can imagine the reincarnation of Brian Clough going into their dressing room and telling them to chuck their medals in the bin.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

…and then the 4th place team is Villa who are arrogant nobheads when they come down to our level. 

Tottenham would be the least objectionable of the top 6 but they're too far back plus they're Tottenham.

Can't abide Aston Villa, they appear to have a charmed life too. Entitlement permeates them from the top down in addition.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

When you see what has happened to Grealish and Phillips as players it makes you wonder if it is always the best club to sign for. Although winning loads of trophies they have both declined as players.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t really enjoy watching Man City play. It’s often silent at the Etihad, the football is a little slow paced for my liking. 

It’s all very flat.

I didn't enjoy watching his Barca team either. Bayern were good though 

22 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t really enjoy watching Man City play. It’s often silent at the Etihad, the football is a little slow paced for my liking. 

It’s all very flat.

I admire Pep's Man City because they play highly controlled and effective football, but enjoy watching Klopp's Liverpool because they play exciting football.

If I had to choose between a season ticket at The Etihad or Anfield, it would be Anfield.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I didn't enjoy watching his Barca team either. Bayern were good though 

Each to their own but their taking apart in 2010-11 of Real Madrid 5-0 in Nou Camp and the CL final were matches for the ages.

They could be a bit sterile at times I agree but they were incredibly dominant at others and sterile games in part and we can say the same about Man City under Pep are due to the opposition playing in the best possible way to try to get something.