IGNORED

Shirt?

A club at this level should not be wearing guff like O'Neill's - a lot of the lower league Scottish sides seem to wear it and that's where it belongs.  It comes to something when the days of Bristol Sport branded kit is now seen as halcyon.

No messing about, Umbro branded red/white/red for home, white/black/black away and purple/lime/white third job done 

• Like 5

I wouldn't mind us coming up with something inventive. I definitely don't want a template shirt, and certainly not Adidas who had no interest in supplying us as clearly shown by some sizes not arriving until March (and they were still sold full price), not blue which when worn in the last 50 years has proved a bad omen and for those of us not with the body of a racing snake a good range of sizes generously cut. 

17 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Deep red, simple, good quality and Kid Crayola's abomination dispensed with and replaced with a classy Bristol crest.

I actually like the new badge, although I wish it had the bridge on it

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

...and for those of us not with the body of a racing snake a good range of sizes generously cut. 

Are you a cyclist?

On 11/04/2024 at 09:37, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to show my age here, but does anyone remember in the 90s the club put four or five options for kits out in the Evening Post, and one of them was red and white halves on the shirt?

Missed this post first time around. I remember the article in question. From memory it wasn't just the shirts up for vote but the entire kit, and the red and white halves were complimented with a mirror image of red and white halves on the shorts, making it look like quarters.

Looked at Irish league clubs for clues but my only find was that last seasons collar style is taking over their league at the moment... Hopefully this year and things not being so rushed it means o'neills can do some nice kits, thought the black kit from last season was good even if our record was poor in it.

Derry City 2024 O'Neills Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture - Latest ...

Capture83.png

gimg_7528-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

th?id=OPEC.Xt6ZMG7Fg1iZjQ474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=174&h=174fe1LPt1J9NJjQ474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=174& Peru home and away for me. But no stripes on the home kit.

We had people calling a reproduction of one of our own shirts an Arsenal shirt. I think some would go into cardiac arrest if we emulated a kit from a different country.

18 minutes ago, KegCity said:

We had people calling a reproduction of one of our own shirts an Arsenal shirt. I think some would go into cardiac arrest if we emulated a kit from a different country.

I love the Arsenal kit as well. But dont forget we wore that style of kit many times over the years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I love the Arsenal kit as well. But dont forget we wore that style of kit many times over the years.

Yes that's my point, we copied one of our own kits and people still moaned that it looked like another club's.

On 04/04/2024 at 14:41, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The faded yellow look is consistent with the shirt it was supposed to hark back to wasn't it?  The 1989 version wasn't a bright yellow either (I had one it was my first City shirt)

Bristol City Away football shirt 1988 - 1990. Sponsored by ...

I always thought it was a weird stick to beat the club with, the colour matched what it was trying to replicate - the oddity was the sock mismatch originally

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

I loved that shirt, but according to this site we only ever wore it once, maybe twice if you count the adidas effort though that was never meant to be a retro re-make that was just their design template I think?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

Would we ever do a Bedminster remake? Or were they a completely different team and nothing to do with us?

There's only so much you can do with a red shirt I guess, I wouldn't mind seeing a return to white socks with red tops.

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I loved that shirt, but according to this site we only ever wore it once, maybe twice if you count the adidas effort though that was never meant to be a retro re-make that was just their design template I think?

Would we ever do a Bedminster remake? Or were they a completely different team and nothing to do with us?

There's only so much you can do with a red shirt I guess, I wouldn't mind seeing a return to white socks with red tops.

image.jpeg.eb903208ab1f736ee16e775d783b079e.jpeg 1954-55 promotion side. Big John.

• Like 1

I would like to see a Blood Red home shirt, (no bells, no whistles). White shorts & Red socks.

And the away kit to be;  White, Black, White/Black. (Aka 1976) 

3rd kit has to be Purple n Lime 

Just keep it simples !! ... AND BLOODY KEEP A CERTAIN PERSON AWAY FROM THE TEMPLATES/ CRAYONS 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Looked at Irish league clubs for clues but my only find was that last seasons collar style is taking over their league at the moment... Hopefully this year and things not being so rushed it means o'neills can do some nice kits, thought the black kit from last season was good even if our record was poor in it.

Derry City 2024 O'Neills Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture - Latest ...

Capture83.png

gimg_7528-1.jpg

The collar or neckline is very important. Some of City's past shirts were a swine to get over the head with no give in the neckline. I hope whatever the new design there is ample room around the neck. 

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I always thought it was a weird stick to beat the club with, the colour matched what it was trying to replicate - the oddity was the sock mismatch originally

The oddity was the “splat Robin”.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I think if we ever copied the Bedminster kit then Bradford City might have something to say about that!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The oddity was the “splat Robin”.

I'd genuinely forgot about that 🤦‍♂️ thanks for the reminder

There still was some stick about the colour though wasn't there?

7 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I like the black shorts

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 13.29.32.png

I like these too

• Like 1