IGNORED

Shirt?

52 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Right, season's effectively over. Speculation on the new kit can begin.

I'll start: red home jersey

Speculation? 

You're really going out on a limb there Sam! :whistle:

• Haha 2

I liked the commemorative kit personally so something like that

Simple with no patterns or pin stripes (not a fan, worst kit in ages for me but each to their own) as so many kits now all look the same with the big manufacturers 

We don’t have that problem obviously with O’Neils as it’s us, Wycombe and Chew Valley U18’s with a tinge of exclusivity given I’ve been trying to buy my son a goalie kit since Aug but never in stock 🤦‍♂️

It will be exactly the same as this season’s kit “in homage to our famous 5-0 win against Blackburn in 2024”.

It will cost £80 and they will make 15 of them, which will sell out within an hour. 13 will be returned because the collars are faulty. More stock will be supplied in April 2025.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to show my age here, but does anyone remember in the 90s the club put four or five options for kits out in the Evening Post, and one of them was red and white halves on the shirt?

Yes. I think they did this more than once. 

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to show my age here, but does anyone remember in the 90s the club put four or five options for kits out in the Evening Post, and one of them was red and white halves on the shirt?

I do, but I don’t think any of them made it into production 

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Like Feyenoord?

• Admin
2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Right, season's effectively over. Speculation on the new kit can begin.

Speculation has already started

On 03/04/2024 at 15:50, glastored said:

It won’t be too long before we will be wondering what next year’s kit will look like. Personally, I don’t like this season’s shirt, not being a fan of stripes. I really liked the kit worn by City when we celebrated our win over Leeds back in 1974. I liked the simplicity of it, and especially liked the deep red colour of the shirt, with no frills.

Hope City go back to the simple designs of yesteryear, or maybe I’m too nostalgic for the old days! What say you?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe that it quickly became apparent that people not associated with supporting City were voting and picking the worst kit

Lets be honest we would be doing the same if the sags ran a similar thing in a local paper

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’ll take your splat robin on the home shirt, and raise you a splat robin on a blue away shirt. 

…and I raise you a splat robin on a blue and white quarters away shirt 😱

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I really don't mind as long as it's blue.l to celebrate our glory years.

1909.jpg

...and solidarity with Everton and their fans for how unfairly they have been treated by football administrators

For breaking the same rules that applied to all premier league clubs i.e. they were cheating!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It will be exactly the same as this season’s kit “in homage to our famous 5-0 win against Blackburn in 2024”.

It will cost £80 and they will make 15 of them, which will sell out within an hour. 13 will be returned because the collars are faulty. More stock will be supplied in April 2025.

With 4 gold stars over the crest to commemorate the wins against Blackburn, Leicester, Saints and WHam.🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It also had red and white half and half shorts, so ended up looking like red and white quarters. It was 1992, and my 12 year old self wrote in to Four Four Two to complain about it, and rhe fact it made the kit look like a red version of the gas kit, letter was published and I was told to calm down and have a cup of tea by the editor!

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Lack of Action Man said:

On the subject of shirts, those of us who ordered a heritage shirt must be hearing about a ready for collection date soon?

Also if you were one of those who snapped up the GK jersey before I was able to - I will booooo you 😂

If you’ve got any rewards points there are some in the prize draws…

On 04/04/2024 at 07:22, ChippenhamRed said:

How about for once we don’t go retro? What’s the point in harking back to previous periods in our history all the time…when our history is so limited in terms of success?

I’d like to see a classy, minimalist design, in a deep, vibrant red, with a great fit and good quality materials, made by a proper manufacturer and sold for a reasonable price that recognises that fans are not made of money during a cost of living crisis. No dicking about with the crest.

Too much to ask? Probably.

THIS. 100%.

I am sick of 'retro' crap, harking back to when we were slightly less rubbish. Let's bloody look forwards.

AND NO HORRID COLLARS. Round neck, v-neck, just none of those pointless little wings.

Edited by SecretSam
I hate collars
  • Like 2