IGNORED

Shirt?

19 hours ago, SecretSam said:

All green as third. Really deep green. Not ******* lime.

No football team, indeed no sports team that plays on grass, should ever have a block green kit. Terrible idea.

18 hours ago, GrandadFrank said:

I would like to see a Blood Red home shirt, (no bells, no whistles). White shorts & Red socks.

And the away kit to be;  White, Black, White/Black. (Aka 1976) 

3rd kit has to be Purple n Lime 

Just keep it simples !! ... AND BLOODY KEEP A CERTAIN PERSON AWAY FROM THE TEMPLATES/ CRAYONS 

It is really just this ⬆️ simple. I don't know why we **** about each year (I do know, but it's stupid).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

No football team, indeed no sports team that plays on grass, should ever have a block green kit. Terrible idea.

Errr...you might want to mention that to Plymouth and Yeovil. And one of our nicest kits of the '90s was the green away kit; IIRC it was that one in which we finally beat the Slags at Trumpton.

Bristol City 2000-01 Away Kit

Edited by SecretSam

22 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Errr...you might want to mention that to Plymouth and Yeovil. And one of our nicest kits of the '90s was the green away kit; IIRC it was that one in which we finally beat the Slags at Trumpton.

It's a colourblindness thing.

Plymouth have a shit choice for a shirt colour, but the usual white shorts save it. I've no problem at all saying that. 

Yeovil often have the white stripes and shorts which save it, sort of.

I have absolutely no idea what colour that shirt you've shown a picture of is.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plymouth have a shit choice for a shirt colour, but the usual white shorts save it. I've no problem at all saying that. 

I suppose it doesn't matter what colour it is to you then, just that the numbers stand out, and you can tell the teams apart?

7 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Just chuck the sponsor on the '74 legacy shirt and be done with it.  It was the right colour, was nice and simple and there's no reason why we shouldn't go with that.

This. 

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I suppose it doesn't matter what colour it is to you then, just that the numbers stand out, and you can tell the teams apart?

In the case of green it's more about distinguishing players from the grass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

OK, understand - didn't realise. Is it just green? Do other dark coloured shirts have the same issue? (Genuine Q).

I'm aware the in the 6 Nations, the egg chasers will next season play lights vs darks for that exact reason - so Wales vs France will be red vs white, not red vs blue

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

OK, understand - didn't realise. Is it just green? Do other dark coloured shirts have the same issue? (Genuine Q).

Black v Red can be one that catches people out.

I also had issues a season or two ago where we played away to Millwall. Us in red shirts. white shorts, they in their dark blue and white shorts. It was a wet night game and under those conditions it can be exacerbated. The rain, floodlights, TV screen saturation etc made it really hard to tell the teams apart at, say, a corner.

31 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'm aware the in the 6 Nations, the egg chasers will next season play lights vs darks for that exact reason - so Wales vs France will be red vs white, not red vs blue

This is the way.

I'm glad to hear this. Wales v Ireland (literally Red v Green) is a particular perennial problem. US sports have long used a principle of lights v darks, although I understand that was because lights v darks works best for black and white TV. The happy coincidence being that it also tend to deliver the best product for the colourblind fan.

It's why I say we should have red/white, white/black, and then the wildcard purple/fluoro kit as a third option. It just gives us that flexibility and power to make a sensible change if needed.

(I'd also like there to be less of an issue around teams wearing away/third kits at home, but I know a lot of people would have an issue with that.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

(I'd also like there to be less of an issue around teams wearing away/third kits at home, but I know a lot of people would have an issue with that.)

That's an interesting one - I thought that the EFL had introduced a rule of each club being allowed to play in its away kit for one home game. Clearly I dreamed it. 

The light vs dark approach makes perfect sense. I also think kit clashes need to be more harshly judged - e.g. I think Fulham (white) played Man City (pale blue) the other day. I'm not colour blind, but that was really hard to distinguish.

This would also mean the end of 'black' away kits for us, as our away kit would need to be 'light'. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Pretty sure that shirt was around 2000/2001.

It looks like we might need to get used to the black kit. As Martin Samuel pointed out in the Times, Bayern played in black against Real to sell shirts. The marketing teams have realised that black looks good with jeans. Blacked out shirts are well suited to leisure wear as well as match day. Just the 13 teams in League two now have black kits.

40 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

It looks like we might need to get used to the black kit. As Martin Samuel pointed out in the Times, Bayern played in black against Real to sell shirts. The marketing teams have realised that black looks good with jeans. Blacked out shirts are well suited to leisure wear as well as match day. Just the 13 teams in League two now have black kits.

In League Two alone this season, Accrington Stanley, Barrow, Bradford City, Crewe Alexandra, Doncaster Rovers, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Newport County, Salford City, Stockport County, Swindon Town, Tranmere Rovers and Wrexham had changed strips that were a variation of what Bayern wore

11 hours ago, SecretSam said:

What kit do you mean from the 90s?

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

reebok-logo-brand-clothes-white-symbol-design-icon-abstract-illustration-with-gray-background-free-vector.jpg

Go on then, I'll bite......

If this (2023 Panama shirt) had white trim on the home version and black trim on the away, I wouldn't have a hissy fit if that was released as a future City kit. 

White shorts/red socks home and black shorts/white socks away.

If necessary a purple with lime trim 3rd kit.

reebok shirts.png

Edited by cider hoss rules
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, glastored said:

I would love City to wear all purple as one of the away kits. Think it would look classy! I don’t know any other team who does.

Obviously not an English team, but Deportivo Saprissa of Costa Rica play in all purple - their nickname is El Monstruo Morado ( The Purple Monster).  Alvaro Saborio is one of their former players, played 19 games on loan with City in 09/10.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 09:30, SecretSam said:

It wasn’t.

We wore red in the 4-2 win.

They were at the Mem by the time we were wearing this.
Remember a 1-1 draw in their relegation season when Phillips saved a last minute penalty.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It wasn’t.

We wore red in the 4-2 win.

They were at the Mem by the time we were wearing this.
Remember a 1-1 draw in their relegation season when Phillips saved a last minute penalty.

Okay, so apart from the date, the location and the result, my post was accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1