IGNORED

‘Cold’ Palmer

One Team

43 minutes ago, Super said:

Another class goal has to be on the plane.

Just scored another!

Agreed he is such a talent.

In forward areas we are as strong as any nation in the world at the monent especially with the depth of talent we have. 

It's defensively i worry and on tonights showing Pickford is not a goalkeeper that should fill us with any confidence going into a major tournament..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Coach said:

At the moment front 3 should be Foden, Kane & Palmer.

I agree that Palmer should get the nod over Saka, who's looking a bit jaded at the moment. But Foden is arguably more dangerous when he plays in the middle, in the no 10 role

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I agree that Palmer should get the nod over Saka, who's looking a bit jaded at the moment. But Foden is arguably more dangerous when he plays in the middle, in the no 10 role

Arguably Bellingham is the best in the world at the moment in the number 10 role if we were going down that route.

Anyway…we know Rashford and Henderson will start. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If Poch had anything about him he’d bring Madueke and Jackson off immediately 

Yep. And being on the sub goalie and a kid. 
Ridiculous behaviour 

• Like 1

Palmer is going unless he gets injured between now and the end of the season. Who knows what will happen with the other midfielders…fate can be fickle. 

What a player this kid is! No nonsense

Pickford should be worried mind you! 

Very good interview with Dele Alli on MNF. He seems in a much better place now, mentally. Talking about wanting it again and being hungry. Only 28.  Will be interesting to see where he goes next.  Wants to go to the World Cup in 2026.  His priority needs to be going to somewhere where he will play. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Very good interview with Dele Alli on MNF. He seems in a much better place now, mentally. Talking about wanting it again and being hungry. Only 28.  Will be interesting to see where he goes next.  Wants to go to the World Cup in 2026.  His priority needs to be going to somewhere where he will play. 

Was just about to say the same. 

He seemed a bit quiet at first during the game but whist talking about his career he's got a smile on his face the whole time and very determined to get back to his high levels. Hopefully he can! 

I wonder what team would take a gamble on him? 

Edited by Fpcity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

Was just about to say the same. 

He seemed a bit quiet at first during the game but whist talking about his career he's got a smile on his face the whole time and very determined to get back to his high levels. Hopefully he can! 

I wonder what team would take a gamble on him? 

Luton took a punt on Ross Barkley and that’s worked out pretty well. Just hope Dele doesn’t price himself out of going to a team like that so that he can play. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Luton took a punt on Ross Barkley and that’s worked out pretty well. Just hope Dele doesn’t price himself out of going to a team like that so that he can play. 

I had a Luton in mind but I think he's going to set his sight higher. 

Palace maybe or certainly when Roy was there. Leeds possibly if they come up could suit him. Abroad won't suit him unless it's Celtic or Rangers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Palmer is going unless he gets injured between now and the end of the season. Who knows what will happen with the other midfielders…fate can be fickle. 

What a player this kid is! No nonsense

Pickford should be worried mind you! 

In some respects I agree on both accounts but, Pickford is nailed on under Southgate and I’m not convinced the manager fancy’s Cole as part of this group for this Euros, and to be honest I kinda get that. 

5 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Feel for those Everton fans who travelled down to Chelsea on a Monday night .

Been destroyed by one man  and his mates .

Nah not after all the special pleading their fans did. 

They didn't care about clubs that abided by the rules being relegated instead of them so I have no sympathy. 

That 6 nil thumping should drain their confidence and see them relegated. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I'm not mocking him, and it's good that he's being ambitious, but realistically he's not going to get back to the level required for the England team.

Everton have been poorly ran and mismanaged for years, now it's coming home to roost.
I was out with 4 Everton fans last night, curry and watch the game, a couple thought it was the worst team they have seen ( honourable mention for Mike Walker's side ).  They looked so 2nd best last night it was embarrassing , Palmer is a class apart but Everton look a real poor side. They have the chance to pull themselves out of it, they play Luton away and Forest, Brentford and Sheff U home .  2 wins will probably do it, but it's getting them . 
Forest have to look at away games to grab something , while Luton probably need to beat Everton to drag them back in. 
At least the curry was good :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm not mocking him, and it's good that he's being ambitious, but realistically he's not going to get back to the level required for the England team.

It’s likely a metaphoric goal about getting back to his best - makes sense to aim as high as possible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I would be absolutely amazed if he is ever in contention for England again. We have far too much talent in the position he plays and even more coming through at u21 level and below. It would take a monumental turn around in form and consistency from Dele and also a manager who is willing to take a risk and block the pathway of a younger player coming through the England youth system. Cannot see it personally.

I think he realistically just needs to get back playing regular football again, i agree with @Fpcity actually that a move to Celtic or Rangers could be very good shout just to kickstart his career again.

Edited by Bris Red

29 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I would be absolutely amazed if he is ever in contention for England again. We have far too much talent in the position he plays and even more coming through at u21 level and below. It would take a monumental turn around in form and consistency from Dele and also a manager who is willing to take a risk and block the pathway of a younger player coming through the England youth system. Cannot see it personally.

I think he realistically just needs to get back playing regular football again, i agree with @Fpcity actually that a move to Celtic or Rangers could be very good shout just to kickstart his career again.

I'd like to see him go back to MK Dons and become a club hero.

Realistically, he'll take the best contract he can get and will probably find himself at a club where there's too much pressure and he struggles to get minutes. 

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2