IGNORED

Big Nige linked with Plymouth.

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Good luck to him. If he’s up to the role and all the travelling that comes with it, then it’s a great move. They’ve always struggled to attract and retain players because of geography, but having Nigel there could help.

I’d be very surprised if Nige took  the Argyle job after saying that the City job was his last in management. I can see him going into punditry tho.

That said Nige lives within a 10 min drive to the M5 and it’s about an hour and 45 mins to Plymouth - my daughter was at Uni there and I’ve done that trip numerous times.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d be very surprised if Nige took  the Argyle job after saying that the City job was his last in management. I can see him going into punditry tho.

That said Nige lives within a 10 min drive to the M5 and it’s about an hour and 45 mins to Plymouth - my daughter was at Uni there and I’ve done that trip numerous times.

He also has a house in Devon.

Just now, Robbored said:

I didn’t know that.

I believe that he is recuperating in Devon now. 

He also fell in love with North Somerset though. 

Better Plymouth than the Gas, I suppose. 

I will still be gutted though.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t know that.

his place in devon is roughly the same as bristol to weston distance wise, its not bigbury but not a million miles from there.

an easy enough commute if he wanted to do it but im not sure he would. he looks so happy and relaxed now,why would he want to do it again. hes got so much more to do with his time, im hoping he goes that way and enjoys himself,absolutely deserves it imo.

one thing i do know,he would always make time to stop and chat with anyone who made a point of saying hello and asking how he was.👍

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I believe that he is recuperating in Devon now. 

He also fell in love with North Somerset though. 

Better Plymouth than the Gas, I suppose. 

I will still be gutted though.

hes not been in devon for a while now , think he went home after xmas, 👍

• Thanks 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/hallett-plymouth-argyle-next-manager-9211210

"The atmosphere at Home Park during and after the Preston game was toxic, I think that's the right word. It's the most toxic I can recall for many, many years. Did you consider making a change immediately after that game?

No, we are not going to make a change just because the fans are yelling. We have made loads of decisions that have been unpopular with the fans, and we have ignored a lot of demands from the fans.

Look, I'm an investment guy. You become a good investment guy by being a contrarian. It makes you dig your feet in a bit more, particularly when that tiny minority of fans were being so abusive. I'm sorry but it makes us less likely to make a change they are demanding."

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Gosh. An owner actually being candid and honest about the reasons for dismissing a manager.

Cc: Jon L, Steve L, Brian T

.........whilst you have club apologists on this board, on radio phone-ins and in the function rooms of Ashton Gate who genuinely believe the club have no obligation to be either of those (it's their money etc.) the likes of Jon, Steve and Sid will crack on being dismissive, evasive and plain dishonest with the general fanbase at times. Just pay your money and pipe down.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 13