IGNORED

Big Nige linked with Plymouth.

You’ve misread the article.

Warnock is claiming he’s retired, not Pearson.

With a place in Devon if he’s well enough then he seems a very smart choice for them to me.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With a place in Devon if he’s well enough then he seems a very smart choice for them to me.

I think Nige has a place near Bigbury??....

Would imagine he's enjoying life too much now to be working again!

• Like 1

some of the names bookies were touting for the city job were a lot more inspiring than what we got.  this is propbably just a case of the same.

cant see it happening myself but who knows, be good if they stay up for any decent manager if they get the backing they deserve

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Sorry I have mis-read it and Pearsons agent is obviously active,I was also thinking it was a perfect location for him and ideal job.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

On five live this morning this was stated , plus Plymouth need a saviour.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Nige did say that the City job would be his last in football management and he always struck me as a man of his word.

That gives him the opportunity to go elsewhere before he comes back to save us once again. And then retire 

• Facepalm 2

I do wonder if we are about to see a bit of a fashion change again with managers.

This season has seen a number of clubs appoint managers into their first roles at this level. Rohl, Edwards, Duff and Foster all have not worked whilst the jury is out on Manning and Williams. Even Maresca - who may ultimately succeed - appears to be underachieving on his resources.

I’d not be surprised to see a swing back towards experienced appointments for a while.

Edited by LondonBristolian
Left Manning out of the sentence with Williams!
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do wonder if we are about to see a bit of a fashion change again with managers.

This season has seen a number of clubs appoint managers into their first roles at this level. Rohl, Edwards, Duff and Foster all have not worked whilst the jury is out on Manning and Williams. Even Maresca - who may ultimately succeed - appears to be underachieving on his resources.

I’d not be surprised to see a swing back towards experienced appointments for a while.

I'd strongly disagree on Rohl given what was inherited but lately agree and will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

(2 points from 10 under Xisco then 3 from 11 post caretaker, no wins..1 goal in 8 games).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nige did say that the City job would be his last in football management and he always struck me as a man of his word.

Did he say that as I don’t remember him saying that?

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry to hear you're leaving for Plymouth. 

I actually like Plymouth Argyle - been to Home Park many times over the years. The walk up the hill once you’ve found a parking spot is quite a trek!

• Like 1

Good luck to him. If he’s up to the role and all the travelling that comes with it, then it’s a great move. They’ve always struggled to attract and retain players because of geography, but having Nigel there could help.

Wouldn’t be a typical Argyle appointment, though. They prefer an up and comer.

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What happened to medium sized Nige?

A bit like in Scotland, I've always said there must be no middle sized people.

You hear about big Jimmy or wee Jimmy, big Hughie or wee Hughie, big Billy or wee Billy, but never anyone middle sized!!!

😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

A bit like in Scotland, I've always said there must be no middle sized people.

You hear about big Jimmy or wee Jimmy, big Hughie or wee Hughie, big Billy or wee Billy, but never anyone middle sized!!!

😇

Rather like the English language. One can be overwhelmed and one can be underwhelmed but there's no such thing as being just whelmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4