IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

I feel like had City not performed tonight, or worse lost then we’d be hearing how we’ve nothing to play for and Blackburn are fighting for survival and it’s understandable to be off the pace for a nothing game.

Well, quite the opposite. We’ve pressed them high and well and forced them into mistakes.

As bad as they’ve been, some of that has been our pressure. Would have been different if we’d sat off and given them time like Swansea game.

I feel like I need to caveat this and own the fact I haven’t been a Manning fan, but this has been very good again and I’d happily watch this all next season if this is what he can deliver.

Shame we didn’t see Mebude, don’t think we needed to bring King on to be honest.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Back turned, clearly not deliberate. Defender knew nothing about it.

More that if there was any uncertainty, the referee could have easily not given it and it wouldn't have been a particularly controversial decision in the context of the game.

FWIW, I can absolutely see why it was given. I'd just feel very unfortunate if I were the Blackburn defender. I always hate the penalties where it just hits someone's hand accidentally, rather than them deliberately moving their hand towards the path of the ball.

As someone who also played at CB for a while, I also tend to side with the defenders in these situations 😂

Fair enough, but if he has his arm stretched out - that's a handball whether it's intentional or not

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Superb performance tonight.  Hard to single any player really. Everyone has been brilliant.  Tanner and Roberts great. Williams brilliant off the ball.  McCrorie much improved.  Knight probably motm for me but can’t argue with any nomination 

Knight probably the busiest, back where he belongs. Blackburn amazingly bad, Hyam probably a career low. Hats off to us for being ruthless. 

• Like 1

I actually think the remaining games are quite important in some ways. This little run has given us a fresh perspective on Manning. If he can maintain this form until the end of the season, the whole club will go into next season in a more optimistic mood without the distraction of fan unrest and the question mark over Manning’s future. That can also aid summer recruitment. It will also buy him a little time if we don’t hit the ground running in August. Let’s hope we can keep this up.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Easily worst side i've seen in a while at the gate. Wasn't aware of Blackburn's league position before this game. Honestly thought they were above us. 

I've had a quick look becuase I thought the same but as far as I can see the last time they were above us in the league was back in November. If they finish the season like they've played tonight, they could be in big trouble.