IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

*Blackburn haven't really been thrashed under Eustace albeit it is a small sample size.

Sure they were not very good hut arguably some of the sides we struggled vs in February and March also weren't too good either.

*Until tonight.

Screenshot_20240410-233209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d9c1712787b02b2d6f2847ccd810fc6.jpgScreenshot_20240410-233222_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5806fa23e15f1f0bf1161a7939586d66.jpgScreenshot_20240410-233235_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70f4e156e78374ff43bc639dbf17d921.jpgScreenshot_20240410-233245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.040b6fb97ba7ed394cb6df488941d9a6.jpg

Not very impressive results, Eustace's decision not to take Hyam off at half-time while making four substitutions was also baffling.

6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Not very impressive results, Eustace's decision not to take Hyam off at half-time while making four substitutions was also baffling.

It's an interesting result in the context that a lot of people were hoping for Eustace over Manning. I wonder how he would have done here.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mozo said:

It's an interesting result in the context that a lot of people were hoping for Eustace over Manning. I wonder how he would have done here.

judging by his results and his decisions last night night............. crap

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Blackburn were so passive. It was noticeable that we were by far the more aggressive team which for any Blackburn fan who travelled must have made them feel physically sick. I know it's a bit "old school" but I expect us to get bullied by some of these Northern teams and it was the total opposite, we bullied them for 90 minutes whilst they failed abysmally at trying to look easy on the eye.

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Manning's team (or indeed any manager's team ) put in such an inept performance like that and made the brainless decision of leaving Hyam on the pitch they would get dog's abuse from the fans and rightly so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was a decent game, with luck they may upload the full 90 at some stage. 
We started well and all through the game our press was good.,Knight in that deeper role makes a difference . I thought Twine had his best game by some way and Sykes in the team improves us and our press / closing. McCrorie looked back to something like his best , Tanner was very good again and Vyner too. Tommy lead the line well and the service meant he was much more involved and he started the press well. Williams and Roberts were outstanding , but Blackburn were poor and allowed us so much room that Roberts could move into "overlapping centre back" mode with very little threat of getting caught out.  Mehmeti must have been begging Manning to get on against a struggling defence . Nice to see Wells get goals and a good assist by Cornick.
Pleased that JKL got on , but it also it says something that even in a game we are cruising in Mebude isn't given a run.
All round good day , we do need to show consistency and back it up on Saturday . It won't be as easy , I see Huddersfield being much more compact and similar to those sides we struggled against not that long ago. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Such a stupid post.

Yes, the play offs were mathematically in our own hands at that point. That’s objectively true. But most people didn’t think we would gain enough of the points available in order to secure a play off spot - and they were proven right. We didn’t.

Coming on here and saying “if we’d won all these other games that we didn’t, we’d have been in the play offs, so look how right I was” isn’t the clever point you think it is.

Think you missed the point of my post. 

Also, the games I mentioned were more than winnable for us. 

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So you have been the most negative poster for months, you now manage to quote perhaps one of the few positive comments you may have made and turn that into a negative comment, must be the sea air. 

Ps hope you did not miss last night as you said you would not be bothering going to the last games as you had enough.

I was ridiculed for saying "it's in our own hands" people went to great lengths to prove to me it wasn't in our own hands. 

Yea I went last night mate. At about half past 6 my son said he wanted to go so we went. Great result and performance but lots not act like it was a meaningful game and it would have been a big thing to miss it. 

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Too many teams would all have had to of dropped points etc they said. Totally impossible they said. 

And this has proved true.

We've gone at 2.16 ppg (aka promotion or even title-winning form*) for the past 6 games...and have climbed two places in the table.

Be angry at the maths of the league table rather than saying we should/could have won games that we didn't.

*In a normal season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Eustace's decision not to take Hyam off at half-time while making four substitutions was also baffling.

I wasn’t surprised to see Eustace make changes at ht but wasn’t expecting to see 4 all at once and I’m glad that I wasn’t a Blackburn player in the changing room. I can image how toxic the atmosphere must have been.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was ridiculed for saying "it's in our own hands" people went to great lengths to prove to me it wasn't in our own hands. 

Yea I went last night mate. At about half past 6 my son said he wanted to go so we went. Great result and performance but lots not act like it was a meaningful game and it would have been a big thing to miss it. 

If you don't want to be ridiculed, best advice is to avoid making ridiculous statements. It was pointed out to you at length at the time that it was not "in our own hands".  You just wanted to frame it that way because you knew you could complain when it didn't happen.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TDarwall said:

If you don't want to be ridiculed, best advice is to avoid making ridiculous statements. It was pointed out to you at length at the time that it was not "in our own hands".  You just wanted to frame it that way because you knew you could complain when it didn't happen.

But it clearly was. 

Nope, I fully expected us to compete in the games I mentioned. 

It looks like we will surpass last seasons points total and league position with arguably a weaker squad, which like it or not, would be progress. Credit to both managers.

Imagine what could have been had NP been properly supported in the transfer market in the summer after Alex Scott was sold.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Think you missed the point of my post. 

Also, the games I mentioned were more than winnable for us. 

But we didn’t win them. So the expectation that we would drop too many points for the playoffs proved correct. How do you not get that?

As for “missing the point”…how many times are you going to get facepalmed before you start to realise that maybe the communication problems are all yours and not everyone else’s?

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But it clearly was. 

I pointed out to you previously that this inconsistency existed under Nige too, so that says to me that the blame isn't necessarily with the gaffer all the time.

At the start of the season, in all comps, we only won 2 of our first 7 home games. You tell me who or what you blame for that?

That includes being 2-0 against a struggling Stoke side who came back to beat us 3-2.

If we judge Manning on his inconsistent form and disappointing defeats, then we have to judge Nige the same. I personally don't blame either of them.

By the way, check out our line up for that Stoke game. Besides Conway being injured and Wells replacing him, it was a really strong side.

The reason I'm dragging Nige into this is as an illustration that our squad is not currently capable of producing consistent performances.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But we didn’t win them. So the expectation that we would drop too many points for the playoffs proved correct. How do you not get that?

As for “missing the point”…how many times are you going to get facepalmed before you start to realise that maybe the communication problems are all yours and not everyone else’s?

Honestly CR, save your breath!!! 🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No communication problems on my end. I said it was in our own hands. I was told it wasn't. It's been proven it was. 

I'm fully entitled to my opinion and no amount of face palms by people doubling down will change my opinion. 

Maybe the issue is people not being able to respect that others have differing opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No communication problems on my end. I said it was in our own hands. I was told it wasn't. It's been proven it was. 

I'm fully entitled to my opinion and no amount of face palms by people doubling down will change my opinion. 

Maybe the issue is people not being able to respect that others have differing opinions. 

You really are a complete moron, aren't you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Admin
47 minutes ago, mozo said:

I pointed out to you previously that this inconsistency existed under Nige too, so that says to me that the blame isn't necessarily with the gaffer all the time.

At the start of the season, in all comps, we only won 2 of our first 7 home games. You tell me who or what you blame for that?

That includes being 2-0 against a struggling Stoke side who came back to beat us 3-2.

If we judge Manning on his inconsistent form and disappointing defeats, then we have to judge Nige the same. I personally don't blame either of them.

By the way, check out our line up for that Stoke game. Besides Conway being injured and Wells replacing him, it was a really strong side.

The reason I'm dragging Nige into this is as an illustration that our squad is not currently capable of producing consistent performances.

This is part of the recent problem, how quickly people forgot how bad it got at times in the past

3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Certainly not very impressive, so yeah I was hopeful of a win but they usually don't get thrashed under him is my point. Mix of them being rather poor and us pressing excellently, showing the intent when required etc IMO.

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But it clearly was. 

What is your definition of a winnable game in the Championship?

Blackburn beat Sunderland 5 - 1 the other week and we drew with them the next week but then beat Blackburn 5 nil last night.

I would argue there isn't a winnable game by default in the Championship. Every team has had competitive spells this season asides from Rotherham.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Certainly not very impressive, so yeah I was hopeful of a win but they usually don't get thrashed under him is my point. Mix of them being rather poor and us pressing excellently, showing the intent when required etc IMO.

You're right, they're normally quite competitive, maybe Sammy's goals have been papering over the cracks ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

You're right, they're normally quite competitive, maybe Sammy's goals have been papering over the cracks ?

That might be the case. Under Tomassson they were prone to the odd thrashing this year but lots of goals at both ends at other times. They may have scored a couple with him last night as they were that sort of side. Eustace has definitely tried to tighten them up judging by the lack of thrashings although you wouldn't know it from last night.