IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've read some right waffle on here from you before (mainly when you can't accept you're wrong) but to suggest that Tinnion is in charge of ALL footballing matters which obviously includes team selections and who trains with the first team is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. 

What was clear is that Manning came in here and did not fancy the lad at this point. He'd rather we spent money on another young lad who's inexperienced. 

Stop with the false narrative. Bot one person has suggested that the HEAD COACH is responsible for dealing with other clubs etc. I think youve been playing too much football manager.

The reason Tinnion has arranged the loan is not because he thinks it's best for his development, but because Manning doesn't want to select him. Tinnion would much rather he was in and around the first team, that's a given. 

Tinnion can't force Manning to select players! 

Very strange that as soon as anyone criticises LM you jump to his defence. You're acting like youre LMs spokesman. 

Maybe you're after some brownie points from them but suggesting Tinnion picks the team worse than your insistence that we are now well coached. 

Oh, and please tell me where it was exactly that I said “Tinnion is in charge of team selection”? 
You do love to misinterpret stuff and then run with it, don’t you. 

I’ll explain it for you again. Why would Tinnion, who loves the academy so much and is super proud of the pathway, employ a head coach who rips it up in front of his eyes and loans out his star boy seriously effecting his mental health? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Oh, and please tell me where it was exactly that I said “Tinnion is in charge of team selection”? 

I’ll explain it for you again. Why would Tinnion, who loves the academy so much and is super proud of the pathway, employ a head coach who rips it up in front of his eyes and loans out his star boy seriously effecting his mental health? 

"You do know, don’t you, that Tinnion is in charge of all footballing matters"

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"You do know, don’t you, that Tinnion is in charge of all footballing matters"

You do know don’t you, that this obviously wouldn’t include team selection. 
I would call you a bird brain but you’ll accuse me of getting personal and DM me again! 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

You do know don’t you, that this obviously wouldn’t include team selection. 
I would call you a bird brain but you’ll accuse me of getting personal and DM me again! 

You're the one that insisted Tinnion is in charge of ALL footballing matters. I know he's not, but you're the one that said he is. 

Good night mate. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

Why are people getting annoyed at this one? It’s a 12 game loan, by the sound of it on here you would’ve thought we had released him. 

As much as I like Yebeoahs raw traits and overall tenacity he isn’t championship level yet. And he’s not at the level of the rest of our wingers, so what’s the issue? He’s what 18? He’s got 5+ years to come good. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Before he joined City hed played in Chelseas 1st team and England U21s.

2 sub appearances v Liverpool and Leicester. with less than 30 mins combined.

He was not England U21 but had played in the U19's until he joined BCFC after which he was promoted to U21 in Sept 2016.

But facts aren't your strong point!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Manning said he saw him play many times for Man City U21 last season . Said he was one of the best players . It seems he is a Manning suggested signing . So I guess it was a loan based on data and Manning extensively scouting him . Maybe not someone on our radar without Manning . 

He came through at the same time as Liam delap Tommy Doyle and Shea Charles, LM was obviously watching the wrong player if he thinks this lad was their best,

It was a panic signing, nothing more nothing less, he doesn't add anything to the team that we didn't already have

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

He came through at the same time as Liam delap Tommy Doyle and Shea Charles, LM was obviously watching the wrong player if he thinks this lad was their best,

It was a panic signing, nothing more nothing less, he doesn't add anything to the team that we didn't already have

You could be right, I really don't know. I only have seen what we have, and it looked like the Josh Low level of introduction. The lad has not played senior football, so is more of an academy under-21 signing. He would have to be something special for the suggested (how true?) fee. But he was signed to play this season, maybe we have found out why he has been playing in Belgium. It would be an expensive academy level addition. We could maybe loan him out from his loan to Bath (I am joking...) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

@Harry @W-S-M Seagull - sorry to interject in your argument but just a couple of points!

Firstly, there are aspects to criticise Liam on, but I’m with Harry in that in no way is he a yes man (I posted as such on his appointment) - you don’t move clubs, leaving them quickly and move around the world unless you have a single mindedness and determination that means you want best for you - and that’s not a yes man characteristic. You can also see it in his interviews - and it’s worth looking up the interview with Wayne Brown when he left Oxford. He’s a bit of a bastard when he needs to be (which is good), and Yeboah would be in the first team reckoning if he wanted him.

That single mindedness is probably a reason why he’s not playing him or other youth - he needs results so doesn’t risk it. And historically, he’s also not risked it,

I’d then concur that Tinnion arranged the loan fully. Liams focused on the first team and as EY isn’t in his plans, I think he’d have a passing say at best as to where he went.

The real important bit is in the bolded paragraph above. @Harry - you mentioned on another thread a post you did when Liam was first mooted and I re-read that last night (I’ll probably repost later as it’s well worth looking at in hindsight). The nutshell was that you weren’t convinced Manning was a fit, but you liked him as a coach. When you read that post again, and see how things have transpired, there were a lot of red flags which should have been evident had there been more due diligence by Tinnion and Lansdown. Stuff like the players for the system, the warning sign over the Dons success etc. What wasn’t mentioned was the lack of youth development at either job. The point here is if BT/JL missed all the flags you saw - it’s not beyond the realms they also missed that red flag as well.

In short, why would Brian appoint a coach who didn’t support the academy? Because Brian, IMO, probably didn’t look closely enough at Liam and the “fit” on several aspects

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, RollsRoyce said:

You could be right, I really don't know. I only have seen what we have, and it looked like the Josh Low level of introduction. The lad has not played senior football, so is more of an academy under-21 signing. He would have to be something special for the suggested (how true?) fee. But he was signed to play this season, maybe we have found out why he has been playing in Belgium. It would be an expensive academy level addition. We could maybe loan him out from his loan to Bath (I am joking...) 

Westerlo seem to have a fair few "grown up" players out on loan.

Seems a funny model for what is a small club, as is the reported fee they paid for Mebude unless they are somehow turning profits on loans or have a very favourable transfer fee payment schedule with Man City.

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In short, why would Brian appoint a coach who didn’t support the academy? Because Brian, IMO, probably didn’t look closely enough at Liam and the “fit” on several aspects

I would suggest his priorities / focus were different under Nige.…and in his current manifestation of his role as TD, he’s more focussed on the first team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would suggest his priorities / focus were different under Nige.…and in his current manifestation of his role as TD, he’s more focussed on the first team.

Could be a bit of both.

Either way, it’s clear from the training split, record of playing youth to date etc that Liam isn’t a coach who is “all in” on the academy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Could be a bit of both.

Either way, it’s clear from the training split, record of playing youth to date etc that Liam isn’t a coach who is “all in” on the academy.

Upon LM being appointed one of the ticks in his box was his experience in academy football. I pointed out at the time that ironically they would never find a man more willing to blood youth than the man they had just sacked. 

Because at Pearsons stage in his career he didn't care about his record. Manning does. He will not blood youth because his career is on the line. 

My only guess is that BT and JL didn't do their homework probably and didn't realise what they were getting. Or LM just bullshitted his way into the job, or both. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

@Harry @W-S-M Seagull - sorry to interject in your argument but just a couple of points!

Firstly, there are aspects to criticise Liam on, but I’m with Harry in that in no way is he a yes man (I posted as such on his appointment) - you don’t move clubs, leaving them quickly and move around the world unless you have a single mindedness and determination that means you want best for you - and that’s not a yes man characteristic. You can also see it in his interviews - and it’s worth looking up the interview with Wayne Brown when he left Oxford. He’s a bit of a bastard when he needs to be (which is good), and Yeboah would be in the first team reckoning if he wanted him.

That single mindedness is probably a reason why he’s not playing him or other youth - he needs results so doesn’t risk it. And historically, he’s also not risked it,

I’d then concur that Tinnion arranged the loan fully. Liams focused on the first team and as EY isn’t in his plans, I think he’d have a passing say at best as to where he went.

The real important bit is in the bolded paragraph above. @Harry - you mentioned on another thread a post you did when Liam was first mooted and I re-read that last night (I’ll probably repost later as it’s well worth looking at in hindsight). The nutshell was that you weren’t convinced Manning was a fit, but you liked him as a coach. When you read that post again, and see how things have transpired, there were a lot of red flags which should have been evident had there been more due diligence by Tinnion and Lansdown. Stuff like the players for the system, the warning sign over the Dons success etc. What wasn’t mentioned was the lack of youth development at either job. The point here is if BT/JL missed all the flags you saw - it’s not beyond the realms they also missed that red flag as well.

Thanks Silvio. 
The comments referred to prior to LM’s arrival are in the link above. Page 5 I think. 

As you say, I had reservations. But now he’s here I’m prepared to give him more than 3 months. 

But thanks for referring to my original comments on him. Some posters who accuse me of being up Liam’s backside would do well to read it again. 
I’m certainly not up his backside. I just want him to have a fair crack of the whip and get more than 3 months before we call for his head. Thats the only ‘defence’ of Manning that I’ve been putting up.

Had that 3 months been a total disaster, I can fully understand. But it’s not been a total disaster. It’s had ups and downs, some good highs and some poor lows. 
But when we start to accuse him of ripping up the pathway and causing mental health problems for our youngsters just because a 17 year old has gone out on loan, I actually think many of our fans are losing their minds! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 9
  • Flames 2

Just now, The Bard said:

4 divisions below seems too much of a drop.  But it's better than not playing.

The transfer window is closed, so I don't think a league loan would be allowed.

Add to the fact that he can still train with/play for our own academy sides whilst on loan, it seems like a perfect fit to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The transfer window is closed, so I don't think a league loan would be allowed.

Add to the fact that he can still train with/play for our own academy sides whilst on loan, it seems like a perfect fit to me.

We could do with finding a willing partner in the Conference, to use when the windows are closed.

We now have a relationship with Aldershot.  Can we use that going forward.

We used Solihull Moors in the past, not sure the link that meant Max went there.  Maybe if Yeovil go back up, although Cooper’s use of our loanees hasn’t been great.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We could do with finding a willing partner in the Conference, to use when the windows are closed.

We used Solihull Moors in the past, not sure the link that meant Max went there.  Maybe if Yeovil go back up, although Cooper’s use of our loanees hasn’t been great.

Looks like we've been strengthening links with Weston of late which I'm pleased with. Wish we'd have sent Yeboah down here. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2 hours away, would likely need accommodation and would have a limited amount of time with the academy. So less club interaction and a loan that would cost someone more money.

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

With our season fizzing out why not keep him here and give him minutes? 

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hmmm I'm not sure it is good for his development. On a footballing side maybe but going from getting minutes in the Championship to being bombed out to Bath is going to have a mental impact. 

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Looks like we've been strengthening links with Weston of late which I'm pleased with. Wish we'd have sent Yeboah down here. 

So I assume going to Weston wouldn’t have had a mental impact on him, but going to Bath does? 
🤣

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

So I assume going to Weston wouldn’t have had a mental impact on him, but going to Bath does? 
🤣

What are the quality of playing surfaces and style of play between say Bath and Weston?

Presume thats a factor when deciding a destination (assuming game time is sorted) ?

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

2 hours away, would likely need accommodation and would have a limited amount of time with the academy. So less club interaction and a loan that would cost someone more money.

Pros and cons Rob, just like loaning him in the first place.

But it would be good to have a team(s) at all levels that we can “use and abuse” for the benefit of our youngsters.  This isn’t just about Yeboah, this is generally.  For the right player, a loan and living away, training with that club daily might be exactly what he needs.

As for Bath, Jerry Gill can offer a lot to our up and coming players (at that level).  

5 hours ago, Harry said:

🤣

You are like a dog with a bone aren’t you? 

Soon as someone calls you out you don't like it. 

Why do you lie Harry? I said "Hmmm I'm not sure it is good for his development. On a footballing side maybe but going from getting minutes in the Championship to being bombed out to Bath is going to have a mental impact"

You then made posts saying that I said we are causing him to have mental health issues. Putting aside the fact it's abhorrent that you're using mental health to progress an arguement, that's not what I said. I very clearly meant it would have an impact on things like confidence, motivation etc. 

You like to twist things too don't you. Why wouldn't I wish for my local club to sign a player of Yeoboahs quality? Especially as he has ended up at a local rival. Just because I don't agree with sending him out on loan, doesn't mean I can't have a view on where he goes. Bizarre that you think it does. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Haha 1

Annoyingly not keeping my finger on the pulse. Not only Yeboah playing last night but against my home from home local team  . If I had realised it would have been a good one to get to. Shame Bath couldn't hold on.

Screenshot2024-02-28at17_45_42.png.688af04358de82e4de78f8d8b6bc741d.png