IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

For me all he needed was that first goal that one chance which nearly come his way and he had a couple,I always felt something was going to happen when he came on the lad was determined putting in challenges closing down getting in some good positions but it did come down to experience at times when to make that run and positioning but he definitely give defenders something to think about. The lads got something and I hope this loan him as a player isn't another pring or vyner(Until Pearson come along).  Go on boy bag a few goals get that confidence and come back to the city. Good luck 👌

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Thats the nail on head isn’t it Pete? I think practically everyone acknowledges that if EY isn’t going to be involved then a loan to Bath is fine. The three points that people are raising:

- Firstly, and most crucially, what it says about the pathway - particularly when you consider the first team/youth changed split since Liam took over, and his record to date of bringing youth through

- That he physically won’t be able to train with the first team - despite some gloss that some are putting on it - because of the recovery time needed from his Bath and U18 commitments

- That, from the admittedly small cameo, people don’t understand keeping Medube over him.

All of those are totally valid. You can think it’s a good move for Ephraim in the scenario he’s in but at the same time express concerns over the bigger picture. But people are jumping to defend the club and not seeing that totally valid bigger picture.

Not a meltdown. And if the (collective) forum is going to be accused of that every time we lay a bit of nuance on a situation then people need to think what a meltdown actually means!

For people who hated Pearson, any slight moan or valid critique is met with “oh get over it Nige is gone”. It makes me want to jump in the Avon. 

Probably hear someone scream “cult of Nige” at someone for moaning about there still being no mustard sachets in the south stand on Saturday. 

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Big C said:

but Sykes and Twine (hopefully) are back 

Yeah, hopefully.  As I said pros and cons.  I’m not overly fussed by it.  It’s not a Freddie Hinds situation where I was strong in my opinion that loaning him out was the wrong decision.

Earlier this season we had 6+Weimann+EY for the 3 forward positions.  At this point with those two back we could have 6+EY again (no Weimann - no cry! 😉)

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, hopefully.  As I said pros and cons.  I’m not overly fussed by it.  It’s not a Freddie Hinds situation where I was strong in my opinion that loaning him out was the wrong decision.

Earlier this season we had 6+Weimann+EY for the 3 forward positions.  At this point with those two back we could have 6+EY again (no Weimann - no cry! 😉)

Yeboah is better than Cornick! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I wonder if Yeboah asked for the loan? There was this talk of him being upset at being dropped from the first team squad so perhaps he wasn’t happy about going back down to under 18s. 

If this is the case, good on him for being ambitious and believing in himself. Hope he does well at Bath and proves a point. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Goal Yeboah!!

Through on goal, rounds the keeper and slides into an empty net 

20240227_200039.jpg

Kudos to those two blokes at “Stripes Bar” who are so focused on getting their beer that they’re resolutely not paying any attention to a goal being scored.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Utter waste of a talented player.  But good luck to Bath. 

Intrigued as to what you saw from him in his limited minutes earlier in the season that makes you think he's good enough to be playing championship football right now?

Personally I haven't seen anything from yeboah to suggest he should be anywhere near our first team. He is 17 and raw as hell it thinks its more a case of how bad we are that people want to see a raw 17 year old in there instead if more senior pros. He has pace and obviously potential but just looked lost in the games I watched him in during the pearson era.

I think the sticking point is this move has taken minutes/exposure away from Yeboah in favour of bringing in another youngster on loan...

Doesn't send a good message to the academy.

Also, from what we've seen, Yeboah is bigger, quicker and much more direct and brave than Mebuda.

Also, I'd say that national League South is a step or 2 to low for very promising 17yr old with 12 championship sub appearances to his name.

• Like 5