IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Intrigued as to what you saw from him in his limited minutes earlier in the season that makes you think he's good enough to be playing championship football right now?

He added explosiveness to a game when we were chasing it. He would help to stretch the game. He would get us up the pitch. He would also get back and defend. Unlucky to have not scored. 

Based on the limited amount of game time I've seen for both, I'd rather have Yeboah as an option off the bench than Mebude. 

• Like 4

Just now, RobImps said:

Doesn't send a good message to the academy.

I think that the academy has sent enough good messages already.

And Bath City has been a very good club for a number of our best academy players "on loan". Yeboah was introduced to the first team either as a result of need or as a point- my guess is the former as I dont think Nige played games. He showed glimpses of good potential but nothing more. A loan is brilliant for him and I hope he does really well then has another go at BS3 at some point next season.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And Bath City has been a very good club for a number of our best academy players "on loan". Yeboah was introduced to the first team either as a result of need or as a point- my guess is the former as I dont think Nige played games. He showed glimpses of good potential but nothing more. A loan is brilliant for him and I hope he does really well then has another go at BS3 at some point next season.

I've no doubt he'll have a terrific loan and will score/create plenty - he'll have to much for that level in my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

And good luck to him.

My issue is I'd rather he got minutes with us this season, as raw as he is, he's honest and direct, I'd rather him than Cornick, Mehmeti & Mebuda.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobImps said:

I've no doubt he'll have a terrific loan and will score/create plenty - he'll have to much for that level in my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

And good luck to him.

My issue is I'd rather he got minutes with us this season, as raw as he is, he's honest and direct, I'd rather him than Cornick, Mehmeti & Mebuda.

I’d rather the ghost of Captain Sir Tom Moore than Mehmeti.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

With our season fizzing out why not keep him here and give him minutes? 

I have wondered how much Manning will use the Academy. He doesn't seem to have much use for them at the minute. Is this a case he has a stronger squad than NP or has little interest in using their players. And the signing of 3 young midfielders for next season suggests that there will be no room for Academy midfield players. Ironically the fact we have a proven pathway to the first team was a key factor in beating other clubs to their signings. At the very time when Manning may be not using it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He added explosiveness to a game when we were chasing it. He would help to stretch the game. He would get us up the pitch. He would also get back and defend. Unlucky to have not scored. 

Based on the limited amount of game time I've seen for both, I'd rather have Yeboah as an option off the bench than Mebude. 

I think it’s harsh to judge someone based off of 30 minutes in what was a totally rudderless team performance.

Yeboah showed a lot of energy and ran around a lot, but that isn’t enough to make him a championship player. Have we seen anything from him on the ball that makes you think he’s at the standard to be making regular appearances at this level?

If so fine, I’d be intrigued as to what, if not then surely it’s much better for his development that he’s playing men’s football at Bath rather than playing for the 18s/21s for us? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobImps said:

And good luck to him.

I think that Cornick is better served in the first team than Yeboah as Yeboah needs more time and experience. I have no idea about Mebude as he played for about 5 minutes then something like half an hour (whatever) but certainly not enough to truly judge, surely? Mehmeti- I don't really get this player.

Your point was that Yeboah going on loan to Bath is sending the wrong message and I completely disagree in that I think it gives him a chance to build again.

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

Comms pretty poor from the club again imo.

Whether fans are for or against the loan, some comment from Manning would have probably made this thread a whole lot shorter.

“He’s had a real quick rise to success, then again he’s had a bit of a challenging period at the minute, which is fine. It doesn’t change what we think of him. We know his qualities, our job is to coach and support him,” Manning said.

“His job, as he has done, and I can’t stress that enough, is turn up and work as hard as I can everyday and I have to say, he’s a credit to himself because his attitude is terrific.”

• Like 1

Talented 17 year old goes on loan for the final period of games to get valuable game time where there’s probably an obligation to play him X amount of minutes or games.

It’s good for him and he’ll come back better for it so benefits the club in the long run. 

Much like Tommy who went to Bath on loan the season before he broke through. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

We are going to have to wait and see but my current feeling - and I say this as someone currently leaning towards giving Manning more time - is that I don’t think any of our youth players will get opportunities next season with Manning at the helm. No idea if that is the right decision or wrong one but I struggle to see how a manager is going to decide that players he would rather not select on the bench even with no other options are suddenly ready for time on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Comms pretty poor from the club again imo.

Whether fans are for or against the loan, some comment from Manning would have probably made this thread a whole lot shorter.

Intrigued as to how many loans out the door come with a comment from the manager?

I rarely read OS reports on this sort of stuff but I can’t imagine it’s a common occurrence?

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I think it’s harsh to judge someone based off of 30 minutes in what was a totally rudderless team performance.

Yeboah showed a lot of energy and ran around a lot, but that isn’t enough to make him a championship player. Have we seen anything from him on the ball that makes you think he’s at the standard to be making regular appearances at this level?

If so fine, I’d be intrigued as to what, if not then surely it’s much better for his development that he’s playing men’s football at Bath rather than playing for the 18s/21s for us? 

It is what you need tho if you're chasing a game and you haven't got anyone else who can add that energy. 

In the little I saw of Yeboah he impressed me. Raw yes but as I said he added an explosiveness. Probably should have had a goal. 

He was more than happy to get on the ball and run down the wing and get into dangerous positions. When chasing a game that's what we need. 

I'm not suggesting he starts games but he was more than capable of making an impact off the bench. Something we could do with right now! 

Hmmm I'm not sure it is good for his development. On a footballing side maybe but going from getting minutes in the Championship to being bombed out to Bath is going to have a mental impact. 

• Like 1

Just now, JBFC II said:

Intrigued as to how many loans out the door come with a comment from the manager?

I rarely read OS reports on this sort of stuff but I can’t imagine it’s a common occurrence?

Yeboah has played in the Champ this season, hence the heightened interest.

If just a U18 or 21s I get your point entirely.

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

😄 Writing a youngster off after 30mins football? Typical 

3 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Christ he's had about 30 minutes of football and you've written him off already 

Others on here wrote Yeboah off at the same stage! 

Mebudes 32 minutes against QPR was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

It is what you need tho if you're chasing a game and you haven't got anyone else who can add that energy. 

In the little I saw of Yeboah he impressed me. Raw yes but as I said he added an explosiveness. Probably should have had a goal. 

He was more than happy to get on the ball and run down the wing and get into dangerous positions. When chasing a game that's what we need. 

I'm not suggesting he starts games but he was more than capable of making an impact off the bench. Something we could do with right now! 

Hmmm I'm not sure it is good for his development. On a footballing side maybe but going from getting minutes in the Championship to being bombed out to Bath is going to have a mental impact. 

But none of that highlights anything he could do on the ball that would affect a game. It’s all well and good running around and showing some pace, but that isn’t going to win us a game. He was incredibly raw, there is clear potential but he’s absolutely not at the level to be coming off the bench every week for 20 minutes to change the game.

How much of an impact did he actually make? He came off the bench 12 times, in how many of those did he positively affect a match and turn it on its head? Yes, he’s young, but if we were to want to keep him here to make an impact off the bench then he would need to have shown he can do just that, which he hasn’t so far (as expected at only 17).

If going on loan has a negative mental impact on him then that speaks volumes about him. It should have the total opposite, this is a chance for him to prove himself while playing men’s football, with the aim of securing a league loan next season. Looks like he’s started off in that vein tonight, which is great to see 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Yeboah has played in the Champ this season, hence the heightened interest.

If just a U18 or 21s I get your point entirely.

I’m still not sure it’s a done thing? The purpose of the loan is obvious, so I’m not sure what Manning could add that would help with any unease around it

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Others on here wrote Yeboah off at the same stage! 

Mebudes 32 minutes against QPR was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. 

19year old plays poorly in poor game shock! Hang him out to dry. It's nonsense. He may well be awful but judging him on one sub appearance is bloody stupid 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

But he has commented and I posted his comment above. The fact that @Natchfever chooses to ignore the fact is par for the agenda course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

I’m still not sure it’s a done thing? The purpose of the loan is obvious, so I’m not sure what Manning could add that would help with any unease around it

Well it is obvious hes been sent out to play, but it might have been useful to hear why hes dropped out of reckoning to the extent that a loanee with barely Yeboahs senior experience is here.

Didnt have to be Manning  could have been one of his team.

• Like 1