IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

Really really disappointed and makes no sense whatsoever to me,  but we will see like you said.  I know at that age Idve been more than disgruntled with what’s happened,  from first team squad and sometimes playing under one manager to being discarded by the replacement coach who is supposedly so much better at developing players, you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t feel something was amiss here tbf.  But I hope the lad takes it as an opportunity and shines.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 4

Don’t see how this benefits him at all personally tbh.

Although if rumblings are to be believed, sounds as if he has very much been told how poor he is in areas rather than where he is very exciting and thriving in, and taken out of training with the first team, which has understandably killed his confidence. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Joined Bath City on loan for the rest of the season.

That’s some fall from grace, regular in the squad under Pearson, frequently used as a sub, on loan in National League South a matter of weeks later.

Obvious Manning doesn’t rate him, hope he does well.

Let’s see what Mebude gives us over the remaining 12 games that he doesn’t, eh?

Is he a good lad?

Unless discipline issues its a puzzle for me.

Edit, just saw your comments Pete. Not sure how that level will improve him technically.

Edited by Natchfever

It’s a bit of “just as well”.

Assumedly he can still play in the youth cup games and it’s clear he’s not touching the first team so better he has football than not.

But by God, the optics of appointing a coach who has a reputation for developing youth jettisoning youth players who have been around the first team when we have nothing to play for are pretty damning.

Edit - and now we’re out of the busy schedule wouldn’t it be sensible to take more time to see the young players in training as well..

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 11

Not at all happy with this.

He should be getting the minutes/exposure that we've ridiculously brought Mebude in to take.

Mebude has absolutely nothing more than our own Yeboah has got from what we've seen so far.

A pathway blocking loan in my eyes.

Good luck to Eph at Bath, think they've got a steal.

• Like 14

I thought he looked miles away when he’s played - which is fine, he’s a youngster.  

So a loan move to play more mens football is good, however I don’t think the ways he’s been thrown in, and then dropped like a hot potato wont be great for his mindset. Especially as Medube looks like no obvious improvement. 

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The pathway working wonders I see...otoh tokenism isn't good but did think he was a bright spark, energetic late on off the bench.

Good luck to Ephraim anyway.

The pathway is working fine. I will give you directions… head north to Man City bump into a man called Liam. Fail. Head east to Belgium. Fail. Then follow the path to Bristol City… bump into a man called Liam and be no better than what’s there already but stop them wandering up the path. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Assumedly he can still play in the youth cup games and it’s clear he’s not touching the first team so better he has football than not.

But by God, the optics of appointing a coach who has a reputation for developing youth jettisoning youth players who have been around the first team when we have nothing to play for are pretty damning.

Edit - and now we’re out of the busy schedule wouldn’t it be sensible to take more time to see the young players in training as well..

Has Manning developed youth players?

I know he has coached at that level but its not the same thing, and im probably wrong but dont recall MK having a conveyor belt of young talent.

Just curious.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Haha LM is showing no signs of giving youth a chance. I’d rather see Yeboah starting than Mehmeti… the very worst you’d have is zero end product -as now. 

If I was SL I’d be worried about where my next nest egg booster is coming from. 

• Like 3

Just now, Northern Red said:

Would people rather he played or didn't?

It's obvious that he's not considered to be ready for the first team here.

I’d rather he be given opportunities here NR - especially over the likes of Mebude. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Has Manning developed youth players?

I know he has coached at that level but its not the same thing, and im probably wrong but dont recall MK having a conveyor belt of young talent.

Just curious.

No.

His reputation as someone who has developed youth has come from the fact he was a youth coach. However, as I’ve noted before I’ve looked at both Dons and Oxford and can see no signs of him bringing through academy players to become consistent first team squad members. Hes on a zero at the moment from about 3 years in management - as I’ve said before, that could be due to lack of quality in said clubs academies but it’s an oddity to say the least.

FWIW straight after he left Oxford Craig Short played a 15 year old in the next game!

Add in now what seems to be moving youth prospects out at the exact time you have opportunity to view/play them and it’s becoming a pattern. He’s got this reputation but I can’t see it’s merited.

As is common with Liam “Whatever People Say I am, that’s what I’m not”

(NB - if Yeboah isn’t going to play the move is fair enough. But it’s the thematic)

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Would people rather he played or didn't?

It's obvious that he's not considered to be ready for the first team here.

It is certainly obvious hes considered nowhere near good enough.

The "angst" seems more about those still here and considered ready based upon what we as fans have seen.

He was raw , I could see what Nige wanted as an impact sub in the last phase of a game . But he did not look technically ready for Championship . But from 1 st team to under 18 and now on loan , that’s not a good look.

I don’t believe you will see him in a first team game again with Manning here . Manning wants players with more experience it would seem . So back to the old system of multiple loans . 

We have had a good run of academy to 1 at team , there was always going to be a pause as it is very hard to make that jump . I have seen nothing to suggest Manning will deliver a single academy to 1 at team player . Partly due to his approach and also lack of talent .

unless Steve reduces the wage bill and spending back to last summer and he has no options due to injuries. 

Tinnion needs to get his Waze app out and punch in 1 st team . It’s going to tell him there are a lot of delays . 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’d rather he be given opportunities here NR - especially over the likes of Mebude. 

Really, I've seen enough of Yeboah to know he's isn't ready for this season. Need to see more of Mebude

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 5

I find it bizarre that Mebude has been written off after 30 minutes of championship football.

If yeboah was good enough to be in our squad he'd have a better loan than Bath, he's incredibly young but clearly not up to scratch. Regular minutes in senior football will only be a good thing, would rather that than the odd 5 minute cameo for us where he gets no time to impact the game

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Is he a good lad?

Unless discipline issues its a puzzle for me.

Edit, just saw your comments Pete. Not sure how that level will improve him technically.

Yes he is more than a good lad. He is a resilient brilliant lad who had his knock backs through youth football, took it on the chin, grafted and improved, joined the academy late and excelled. 

He is a lad playing at pro and semi pro level. Playing versus adults in intense competitive football helps hone and sharpen technique. This intensity will produce more improvement for Ephraim than playing U18

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Yes he is more than a good lad. He is a resilient brilliant lad who had his knock backs through youth football, took it on the chin, grafted and improved, joined the academy as a late and excelled. 

He is a lad playing at pro and semi pro level. Playing versus adults in intense competitive football hones and sharpens technique. This intensity will produce more improvement  for Ephraim than playing U18

Thanks 👍

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Joined Bath City on loan for the rest of the season.

That’s some fall from grace, regular in the squad under Pearson, frequently used as a sub, on loan in National League South a matter of weeks later.

Obvious Manning doesn’t rate him, hope he does well.

Let’s see what Mebude gives us over the remaining 12 games that he doesn’t, eh?

Not exactly a fall from grace, when he came on for us he was 'raw' (if I'm being kind); I'd say of that batch of kids that NP fielded either because he needed to, wanted to or had to he looked least ready for Championship football. Which is no surprise, given how early in to his football career he is, so going out for what will hopefully be a run of 90 minute games in a more physical league will likely do him a lot of good. 

In terms of performance when he came on for us, I'd say that we got better performances from OTC, who has also 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Yes he is more than a good lad. He is a resilient brilliant lad who had his knock backs through youth football, took it on the chin, grafted and improved, joined the academy as a late and excelled. 

He is a lad playing at pro and semi pro level. Playing versus adults in intense competitive football hones and sharpens technique. This intensity will produce more improvement  for Ephraim than playing U18

Agree 100% i love seeing the youngsters in the squad but if it's felt he's not ready yet then playing mens football at this level is the next best thing.

• Like 1