IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What prevents him going in loan to a league club is that window is firmly shut!

In that case then, perfectly fine idea to send him on loan to a club doing well and just down the road so he can continue to train at City

• Like 2

I put this in the "Sid out" topic but may e should go in here

I'll be honest in that I'm not liking anything around our club at the moment, it's a circus ran by clowns, backstabbers and liars

But ......

Yeboah was nowhere near the level of player we need at this present time (nor is Dire) but that's another argument!

He is just 17 years old, he was used by Nige as "needs must" during that horrific injury crisis, he can train here, play here in midweek matches and play for Bath on the weekend, I believe he could come on leaps and bounds for this loan

• Like 3

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

I put this in the "Sid out" topic but may e should go in here

I'll be honest in that I'm not liking anything around our club at the moment, it's a circus ran by clowns, backstabbers and liars

But ......

Yeboah was nowhere near the level of player we need at this present time (nor is Dire) but that's another argument!

He is just 17 years old, he was used by Nige as "needs must" during that horrific injury crisis, he can train here, play here in midweek matches and play for Bath on the weekend, I believe he could come on leaps and bounds for this loan

Hopefully he gets game time at Bath, there have been plenty of our youngsters gone there over the past 2 or 3 seasons just to sit on the bench.

General feeling of frustration here at the moment means this is turning out to be another stick to beat Manning/the decision to sack NP/the leadership with. There are plenty of good sticks to beat them all with, but I wonder if this isn't one of them!

He can't go on loan to a league side outside of the window.

Bath is a local club who we have a good relationship with - he can play a few games and still train with us some/all of the time. If our injury crisis is over, why not go and play a few men's games? Presumably he could have gone to a conference club, but a) it wouldn't be so local, b) perhaps don't have the contacts. So this is a bit of a non-story for me. 

They have 13 games to go, chasing a play off place - maybe it helps strengthen a useful relationship with them. Maybe he helps them get promoted and we can send a couple on loan to a higher level next season. Could be a case that everybody wins.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

I'm pretty sure Yeboah was used or kept around prior to the injury crisis, so he was clearly seen as one of those closest or closer than most new Academy Products to being ready.

I remember him coming on in games in August and September when our injury crisis was more stable.

That said his level of readiness is another debate but he was there, in and around prior to the injury situation really regressing.

31 minutes ago, cellist said:

He can't go on loan to a league side outside of the window

So why wasn’t he loaned out during the window then? It’s piss poor planning from our DOF amd management team.  That’s not ‘beating with a stick’ it’s just plain common sense planning.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

So why wasn’t he loaned out during the window then? It’s piss poor planning from our DOF amd management team.  That’s not ‘beating with a stick’ it’s just plain common sense planning.  

well for starters, a side needs to want to sign him

• Like 1

Imo... Academy players like Yeboah were pushed at Pearson by BT. Obviously as Academy Director it underlines how good he is at providing a pathway and getting bloodied in the first team squad.

Moves on to becoming ' Technical Director'...that now goes out the window and the focus is now on...' look what gems I've recruited'...like the lad from Belgium. 

That's how I see it...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Plenty of criticism flying about for the powers that be lately but I think they've got this one right.

He looked very raw to me in those sub appearances. Good chance for him to get games and still be involved with training/U21s here.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Nothing this club does now surprises me.

We seem bereft of positivity and cohesion

I tend to agree.

On pitch the side look less cohesive than the recent past, except when it is good it is very good or can be..but when it is bad it can freefall.

Off the pitch the structure seems chaotic and choppy. Ever since Gould especially left. Alexander is an improvement on now and was probably hamstrung but I do see Gould and NP or did see them as the perfect pair...sadly both gone.

You now have a choppy structure, an overpromoted Jon Lansdown and Tinnion plus an inexperienced Manager/Head Coach with perhaps more pressure piled on earlier than needed due to rash and false statements post NP.

Therefore the club being badly and chaoticallly run.. it feels a sad yet logical outcome. A needless one at that.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Some of the social media comments are laughable! You would think he was the second coming of Christ, showed some brief glimpses of pace and raw ability but nothing more in his few appearances but it feels like he was being forced on Nige due to the injury crisis at the timr rather than wanting to use him. 

Ultimately the lad needs some game time and it just appears like another stick to beat Manning and Tinnion with. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imo... Academy players like Yeboah were pushed at Pearson by BT. Obviously as Academy Director it underlines how good he is at providing a pathway and getting bloodied in the first team squad.

Moves on to becoming ' Technical Director'...that now goes out the window and the focus is now on...' look what gems I've recruited'...like the lad from Belgium. 

That's how I see it...

He earned his place in moving up to first team cause of performances for the 18s, and because he came back from pre season after absolutely beasting himself all summer to impress the coaching staff, and was 1st place in pretty much all the fitness tests and challenges that the first team had that first week back. Think he may have even completed the SDS test

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He earned his place in moving up to first team cause of performances for the 18s, and because he came back from pre season after absolutely beasting himself all summer to impress the coaching staff, and was 1st place in pretty much all the fitness tests and challenges that the first team had that first week back. Think he may have even completed the SDS test

I've no doubt about that...I still think he and others would have been pushed towards Pearson by BT. More so than now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I thought he looked miles away when he’s played - which is fine, he’s a youngster.  

So a loan move to play more mens football is good, however I don’t think the ways he’s been thrown in, and then dropped like a hot potato wont be great for his mindset. Especially as Medube looks like no obvious improvement. 

I actually thought his work rate and pace were an asset, and unlike Bell he actually has some proper acceleration to beat his man.

He's 17 - this smacks a bit of how Morrell was treated imo, especially when we're low on wingers no the former is out for the season.

• Like 1

Lads 17 and he's going out to get competitive games under his belt. I don't see the problem, unless you want to use this as an excuse to beat the club again. 
Simple as that really. Or would you rather him just sit on the bench / play under 21s football? 

Really don't see the issue here. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's how I see it...

Too clever by half. 

• Like 2

Anyone who knows anything about football understands that game time and minutes for a 17 year old is far more important than sitting on the bench in the championship.

It didn’t harm Joe Bryan or Bobby Reid …..

Edited by Spoons

I think he could develop into a very tidy player, but he needs to play more than in U23 matches. This is a welcome move by the club. Hopefully he'll really shine at Bath and that will boost his confidence for an eventual reintegration here. 

• Like 1