IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Is anyone else questioning the depth of the academy right now? Tinnion has talked it up massively....if you thought Alex Scott was good, wait till you see the next lot...

But the pathway looks like it's slowed down to me - feels that way. Who is next? I'm not saying it's stopped, just slowed.

We started were only 4 academy products - which one is the next big sell? 

Max, Zac, Sam and Tommy. I could see Zac being poached and if Conway goes on a run of goals rest of season, he'd be looked at. Bell, putting it diplomatically, still finding his feet at this level. Max? Can't see big money spent of him. 

Then 3 more on the bench that feel quite a long way off the first team and under ironically Manning he seems more reluctant to throw them on than under NP.

I can see new signings (if allowed..another debate) pushing Bell and potentially even Conway down the pecking order. Not great for the pathway/nest egg.

Then to the next crop - next season too soon for real impact? They're not getting any game time.....interesting times.

Conway is already being looked at, and has clubs sniffing around. Him seeing how quickly Alex adapted to the prem, and seeing the difference in lifestyle etc he’ll be able to have, suggests to me there’s no real doubt in my mind he’ll be gone in the summer. 

Sam, Zak, Max, Cam, all academy players who got tied down with longer, better contracts once we had financial ability too. Quite telling that Tommy is the outlier there. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

He’s probably seen what the majority of us have seen - he’s absolutely miles off being ready for the championship. And that’s no criticism of him either, he’s a young lad, he will be fine in time.

100%. Nowhere near imo.

I've not seen anything to justify a starting spot or more than a few minutes....Yet.

2 hours ago, WECANDO said:

The old saying fits Yeboah. "If your good enough, your old enough". How many games did he feature as a sub? About 8 was it? From what I could see  he was in no way overwhelmed by playing in the first team. Getting on with 10 to 20 mins left plus extra time, he used his pace against tiring legs to good effect. He ghosted past defenders. When he lost the ball, he got back to try to win it back and did a number of times. He was also a feisty bugger. Another plus was the buzz round the ground when he got on. I couldn't see to much wrong with him. Definately an impact player. 

TBH, I've not seen what you have in terms of ghosting past players in the first team (at least, not at all regularly, once maybe). I'm in central Dolman and there's certainly no buzz when he comes on, just a collective support for him as he's young from the academy. He's very keen and very quick but also very raw and confident (knocking on Mannings door to ask what he has to do to progress) so the type LM likes I would have thought - very coachable in his words. His time will hopefully come.

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Is anyone else questioning the depth of the academy right now? Tinnion has talked it up massively....if you thought Alex Scott was good, wait till you see the next lot...

But the pathway looks like it's slowed down to me - feels that way. Who is next? I'm not saying it's stopped, just slowed.

Max, Zac, Sam and Tommy. I could see Zac being poached and if Conway goes on a run of goals rest of season, he'd be looked at. Bell, putting it diplomatically, still finding his feet at this level. Max? Can't see big money spent of him. 

Then 3 more on the bench that feel quite a long way off the first team and under ironically Manning he seems more reluctant to throw them on than under NP.

I can see new signings (if allowed..another debate) pushing Bell and potentially even Conway down the pecking order. Not great for the pathway/nest egg.

Then to the next crop - next season too soon for real impact? They're not getting any game time.....interesting times.

I think it is a concern with Manning that he has a reputation of being someone who gives youth a chance but (and to answer @W-S-M Seagull’s question) hasn’t really brought players through from academies at prior clubs. That could be argued to be a lack of quality at Dons and Oxford, but per Tinnions public pronouncements, we have a production line going here.

Either way, either Tinnions bigging up of the academy is unfounded (and ironically the youth success was down to Pearson) or Manning isn’t someone who will bring youth through. If the youth don’t come through then at least one of the perceived attributes isn’t in place.

As for Yeboah - in my view very raw and not hugely at this level yet, so gradual build for experience the best tactic. Wouldn’t hang Manning for not playing him but I’m equally not convinced Mehmeti or Bell are any better.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Think Nige brought so many through into the first team group, and early / quickly, it’s left a big gap. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Conway is already being looked at, and has clubs sniffing around. Him seeing how quickly Alex adapted to the prem, and seeing the difference in lifestyle etc he’ll be able to have, suggests to me there’s no real doubt in my mind he’ll be gone in the summer. 

Sam, Zak, Max, Cam, all academy players who got tied down with longer, better contracts once we had financial ability too. Quite telling that Tommy is the outlier there. 

Maybe as Tommy not been offered/or not signing comes down to him seeking a way out of the club sooner than later

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think (from memory - which isn't the best) BT was referring to the younger element, those aged around 15/16/17 coming through. Meerholtz is only 17 and on the bench for instance, Naismith had some good words when talking about him. I don't think NP or LM would have any hesitation in using Knight-Lebel who is extremely good imo and has played for Canada at U21 level, but who do you drop ? Maybe towards the end of the season or next season for a few.

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Maybe as Tommy not been offered/or not signing comes down to him seeking a way out of the club sooner than later

Yeah, That’s what I’m getting at. There’s no way he’s not been offered a new deal along with the rest. Admittedly haven’t heard anything for a little while, but aware that something has been on the table since the end of last season. The club have definitely tried to be proactive where possible, I.e Sam’s new contract was driven by the club quite unexpectedly, not the player/agent. 

Be 12 months left on his deal at the end of this season. Club massively stung by losing £££ on main assets in recent years. Don’t hold too much hope on it, in all honesty, unless we have an absolutely incredible run in in the latter parts of the season to think we might actually give it a decent go next season. But we’ve all been here before. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yeah, That’s what I’m getting at. There’s no way he’s not been offered a new deal along with the rest. Admittedly haven’t heard anything for a little while, but aware that something has been on the table since the end of last season. The club have definitely tried to be proactive where possible, I.e Sam’s new contract was driven by the club quite unexpectedly, not the player/agent. 

Be 12 months left on his deal at the end of this season. Club massively stung by losing £££ on main assets in recent years. Don’t hold too much hope on it, in all honesty, unless we have an absolutely incredible run in in the latter parts of the season to think we might actually give it a decent go next season. But we’ve all been here before. 

Does he have a years option as well ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think Nige brought so many through into the first team group, and early / quickly, it’s left a big gap. 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I think (from memory - which isn't the best) BT was referring to the younger element, those aged around 15/16/17 coming through. Meerholtz is only 17 and on the bench for instance, Naismith had some good words when talking about him. I don't think NP or LM would have any hesitation in using Knight-Lebel who is extremely good imo and has played for Canada at U21 level, but who do you drop ? Maybe towards the end of the season or next season for a few.

I think that’s my point - if promotion is the aim - and we’re realistically ‘writing off this season’ -

Look at the squad, we look 4,5,6 players short of Manning-Ball levels for a top 6 push IMO (as detailed in other thread)

If they’re not coming from the academy ready for next season…

We’re going to have to increase the wage budget restrictions and open the wallet fairly considerably to fill the gaps AND lift performance levels needed.

Maybe the cash is there already (held back, we now know why)…maybe we have 10/15 mill set aside from Semenyo and Scott. Spent wisely that’s 4 good players at least - we’ll see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

EXCEPT Yeboah is 100 times BETTER than Sam Bell at doing his defensive work. Chalk and Cheese. People who only watch the ball and sneer that he's not ready certainly haven't noticed that part of his game. It's like Yeboah and Bell's ages swap completely when it comes to doing the dirty work.........

To be fair I think Sam bell shouldn't be anywhere near the team aswell there both a raw as eachother 

6 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

To be fair I think Sam bell shouldn't be anywhere near the team aswell there both a raw as eachother 

So Bell, with over 60 first team appearances and 10 goals, plus two England U20 caps, is as raw as 17 year old Yeboah with 9 sub appearances in the league ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So Bell, with over 60 first team appearances and 10 goals, plus two England U20 caps, is as raw as 17 year old Yeboah with 9 sub appearances in the league ?

Sam bell is massively raw has loads of work to be considered a championship player in my opinion more worrying for me is that he's had 60 games to start getting it right I'd actually rather see 17 year old yeboah out wide then bell tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Sam bell is massively raw has loads of work to be considered a championship player in my opinion more worrying for me is that he's had 60 games to start getting it right I'd actually rather see 17 year old yeboah out wide then bell tbh

:dunno:

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Remember this is the poster who claims George Tanner is the worst full back in possession he’s ever seen 🤣🤣

I am certainly that poster good observation. Instead of being a smarmy arrogant **** why don't you give us all your analytical reasons as to why you don't agree with me?

9 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I am certainly that poster good observation. Instead of being a smarmy arrogant **** why don't you give us all your analytical reasons as to why you don't agree with me?

I could do , but it’s such a ridiculous and laughable claim (Unless your seen a grand total of 3 or 4 games of football) that I wouldn’t know where to even start, and highly likely !, going by your wild claim that I’d be wasting my breath

It probably out does the ‘He should be on the Downs’ type comments

Edited by Sheltons Army

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

I could do , but it’s such a ridiculous and laughable claim (Unless your seen a grand total of 3 or 4 games of football) that I wouldn’t know where to even start, and highly likely !, going by your wild claim that I’d be wasting my breath

It probably out does the ‘He should be on the Downs’ type comments

And there you go. The response I predicted. You seem like a right little happy clapper.

2 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Manning doesn’t play wingers, does he? That’s why Sykes is back at RB/LB. Kinda leaves Yeboah in limbo. 

He plays through the middle for the U21'S. That's not to say I think he should be getting more game time, just noting he's not an out and out winger. In fact I thought that Pearson should have played him more centrally when he got on as I think it's hard enough making the step up, without the added stress of playing in an unfamiliar position.

13 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

And there you go. The response I predicted. You seem like a right little happy clapper.

A happy clapper because he’s rightly called out your ridiculous claim as nonsense. 

Tanner isn’t even remotely near to the worst right backs that have played for City in the last 20/30 years never mind some of the opposition right backs we have played against. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

A happy clapper because he’s rightly called out your ridiculous claim as nonsense. 

Tanner isn’t even remotely near to the worst right backs that have played for City in the last 20/30 years never mind some of the opposition right backs we have played against. 

Hilarious isn’t it , I could probably put up 20 or 30 City full backs worse

Thats before we even talk the other 91 football league clubs and the wider world of football

The worst ever mind.....🤣

But again from a poster who has posted and written off just about every player we have......

28 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Hilarious isn’t it , I could probably put up 20 or 30 City full backs worse

Thats before we even talk the other 91 football league clubs and the wider world of football

The worst ever mind.....🤣

But again from a poster who has posted and written off just about every player we have......

Sam bell and tanner ? Your the sort of super fan who claps joyfully come what may and has absolutely 0 demand for accountability and progression just a mediocre acceptance. supporting a team doesn't mean you can't be critical when things should be better. Clearly your desire to want tanner to be a top championship player is clouding your judgment. Why don't you go round Jon's House and do some colouring in together 

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Sam bell and tanner ? Your the sort of super fan who claps joyfully come what may and has absolutely 0 demand for accountability and progression just a mediocre acceptance. supporting a team doesn't mean you can't be critical when things should be better. Clearly your desire to want tanner to be a top championship player is clouding your judgment. Why don't you go round Jon's House and do some colouring in together 

As someone who spouts complete ridiculous nonsense in respect of football I suggest you are the one to get your school bag and head for Jons.   ‘Taunton’

Never like this on FIFA is it ? 🤣

BTW you plum , Ive been supporting , and criticising for 50+ years

Edited by Sheltons Army

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

🤣 what on earth you banging on about? 

None of that has anything to do with your ridiculous claim regarding Tanner. 

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

As someone who spouts complete ridiculous nonsense in respect of football I suggest you are the one to get your school bag and head for Jons.   ‘Taunton’

Never like this on FIFA is it ? 🤣

BTW you plum , Ive been supporting , and criticising for 50+ years

Haha your embarrassing.

Edited by BCFC31