IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

It's not exactly a shock but it is disappointing...

I mean A young player, impact sub, someone with the ability to make something happen on instinct or at the very least bring in the sense of chaos (doesn't exactly scream control)

combined with, lines, channels,  trigger movements (on the ball). Highly specific instructions for where to run and when to run there.

For the here and now it's not a good fit, 

When you considering Mannings plan B, is "mostly" like for like but do it better. It's kind of obvious his best short term path is on loan.

Is there really a story here? Yeboah was surely only ever involved due to a pretty serious injury crisis and showed himself to be raw and not ready for championship football. 

i worry he was then used by Pearson to make some point but I won’t dwell on that because I think a lot of things “at the end” were a little unsavoury.

he may offer the same as mehmeti going forward but there is a level of maturity you need to work as a team in the championship which mehmeti will offer over Yeboah in terms of game management - even if that is debatable what that game management is at times at the moment!

just like all our current academy products currently making up a large % of our first team, loans are important and a good opportunity for him to excel at a level that is hopefully a way below his ceiling to improve and have a career at BCFC.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agreed, it is unbelievable

It is and it isn't.

You have to remember that a lot of the posters on OTIB have a VERY SPECIAL understanding of football and can spot a bad player a mile off, and they refuse to believe that ALL players aren't the complete, finished article from the moment they step on to the pitch - regardless of age or experience. 

These same people wouldn't expect a player fresh to the country, squad, style of play to be ANYTHING other than 100% ready to understand the runs players might make, the positions they might adopt or anything else.

Therefore, based on a couple of brief appearances if this lad isn't brilliant, he must therefore be dreadful - and there is no way back for him (despite the fact he has had some significant opportunities elsewhere at a much high level). 

If only we had a song for him. A song has kept a lot of people onside with Cornick when his contribution has been underwhelming at times. 

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I find it bizarre that Mebude has been written off after 30 minutes of championship football.

If yeboah was good enough to be in our squad he'd have a better loan than Bath, he's incredibly young but clearly not up to scratch. Regular minutes in senior football will only be a good thing, would rather that than the odd 5 minute cameo for us where he gets no time to impact the game

If Yeboah had been that poor in his first game, no doubt, Pearson would have hastily returned him to the U21's. The fact he stayed around the first team squad and was getting regular minutes tells its own story. Suddenly change of Manager, pathway blocked by a similar player with less experience in mens football and now shunted out the door.

What happened to gaining experience training day in day out with Championship players. That has to be better than playing half a dozen games for Bath City imo.

If Manning is such an amazing youth coach why has he not kept him here to try and improve him ? Surely that is the primary role of a Head coach (improve players).

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, The turtle said:

It's not exactly a shock but it is disappointing...

I mean A young player, impact sub, someone with the ability to make something happen on instinct or at the very least bring in the sense of chaos (doesn't exactly scream control)

combined with, lines, channels,  trigger movements (on the ball). Highly specific instructions for where to run and when to run there.

For the here and now it's not a good fit, 

When you considering Mannings plan B, is "mostly" like for like but do it better. It's kind of obvious his best short term path is on loan.

When did he positively 'impact' a game when he came on as a sub?

I'd say that given his age, he has a much better chance of developing in to a player who can go on and have a good career away from the pressure of the Championship. He isn't likely to get a game with us at the moment, and the rest of this season on loan will hopefully help him progress so that come pre-season they can have a look at him and see if he is ready for the first team squad or would benefit from another loan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

If Yeboah had been that poor in his first game, no doubt, Pearson would have hastily returned him to the U21's. The fact he stayed around the first team squad and was getting regular minutes tells its own story. Suddenly change of Manager, pathway blocked by a similar player with less experience in mens football and now shunted out the door.

What happened to gaining experience training day in day out with Championship players. That has to be better than playing half a dozen games for Bath City imo.

If Manning is such an amazing youth coach why has he not kept him here to try and improve him ? Surely that is the primary role of a Head coach (improve players).

You do realise that being on loan with Bath means he will still be attending training and maybe plying games for our youth sides?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don't disagree based on what I've seen, but clearly that's not happening so what is he meant to do in the meantime?

Possibly give him a fair crack in the U21s and develop him alongside our players and coaches as opposed to Bath’s group? 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is and it isn't.

You have to remember that a lot of the posters on OTIB have a VERY SPECIAL understanding of football and can spot a bad player a mile off, and they refuse to believe that ALL players aren't the complete, finished article from the moment they step on to the pitch - regardless of age or age or experience. 

These same people wouldn't expect a player fresh to the country, squad, style of play to be ANYTHING other than 100% ready to understand the runs players might make, the positions they might adopt or anything else.

Therefore, based on a couple of brief appearances if this lad isn't brilliant, he must therefore be dreadful - and there is no way back for him (despite the fact he has had some significant opportunities elsewhere at a much high level). 

If only we had a song for him. A song has kept a lot of people onside with Cornick when his contribution has been underwhelming at times. 

Without derailing this thread as there is already one on Medube.

1. He is not new to this country

2. He comes with a £1.75 million price tag round his neck.

3. Our amazing talent spotting Head Coach wanted him for the here and now, despite no experience of mens football. 

4. OTIB posters didnt throw him in at the deep end without arm bands but our highly respected young Head coach did. We as fans saw and commented on the results of this idiocy.

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

You do realise that being on loan with Bath means he will still be attending training and maybe plying games for our youth sides?

Cant believe he's just going turn up with his boots at 3pm every Saturday.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Without derailing this thread as there is already one on Medube.

1. He is not new to this country

2. He comes with a £1.75 million price tag round his neck.

3. Our amazing talent spotting Head Coach wanted him for the here and now, despite no experience of mens football. 

4. OTIB posters didnt throw him in at the deep end without arm bands but our highly respected young Head coach did. We as fans saw and commented on the results of this idiocy.

HE'S PLAYED 30 MINUTES,  this forum is getting beyond a joke

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Is there really a story here? Yeboah was surely only ever involved due to a pretty serious injury crisis and showed himself to be raw and not ready for championship football

And yet on another thread a respected poster is swearing blind that Pearson didn’t have to cope with more injuries than Manning. Both arguments can’t be true.

I don’t disagree that EY wasn’t showing he was ready - he was raw - he was still better than Mehmeti! But it’s the thematic again. We know that Liam reduced the size of the first team training squad, so less U21s are training with the first team (and hence get opportunity less).

You now add in the prospects going on loan at exactly the time he has opportunity to play them or see them in training (and yes, he will still train with us - but as he’ll be playing at Bath and training there twice a week he won’t be training here anywhere near enough for him to be developed by Liam or Liam to get a great handle on where he is).

As for the Medube argument (I know not your point) - it’s not just a poor half hour, it’s teammates actively not passing to him because they don’t trust him - that never happened with Yeboah (and I was one who said we needed to look at Medube over Yeboah but that trust level indicates he’s not winning the players over!)

Again, I don’t have a problem with the loan in isolation. But when you look at what Liam is supposed to be (a coach who develops young players) and what he’s supposed to need (time on the grass with the players), it doesn’t make huge sense. 

But again, it’s the broader thematic over youth development/trust through Liams career that’s the real story this brings into focus.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And yet on another thread a respected poster is swearing blind that Pearson didn’t have to cope with more injuries than Manning. Both arguments can’t be true.

I don’t disagree that EY wasn’t showing he was ready - he was raw - he was still better than Mehmeti! But it’s the thematic again. We know that Liam reduced the size of the first team training squad, so less U21s are training with the first team (and hence get opportunity less).

You now add in the prospects going on loan at exactly the time he has opportunity to play them or see them in training (and yes, he will still train with us - but as he’ll be playing at Bath and training there twice a week he won’t be training here anywhere near enough for him to be developed by Liam or Liam to get a great handle on where he is).

As for the Medube argument (I know not your point) - it’s not just a poor half hour, it’s teammates actively not passing to him because they don’t trust him - that never happened with Yeboah (and I was one who said we needed to look at Medube over Yeboah but that trust level indicates he’s not winning the players over!)

Again, I don’t have a problem with the loan in isolation. But when you look at what Liam is supposed to be (a coach who develops young players) and what he’s supposed to need (time on the grass with the players), it doesn’t make huge sense. 

But again, it’s the broader thematic over youth development/trust through Liams career that’s the real story this brings into focus.

Do you not think that playing men's football for Bath is not "developing" him ?

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I'd say the story it tells is one of a manager with so few options that his hand was forced in giving a 17 year old minutes.

He was trusted and did well, but let's not pretend he was some sort of world beater when he played and provided a level of performance that made us think he was at a championship level.

'Shunted out the door' is a weird expression to describe a teenager going on loan, its not exactly like that's a rare occurrence. He'll be training with us regularly still I'd imagine, but also playing men's football alongside that, that can only be a good thing.

Why does any manager loan out an u18 player? Sometimes improvements come more from being exposed to men's football than they do from the training pitch, is guardiola a poor coach for loaning out multiple players a year?

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Do you not think that playing men's football for Bath is not "developing" him ?

It might. Did you read the part of the post where I said I didn’t have a problem with the loan in isolation but it added concern to the thematic?

The basic is that Liam has moaned - several times - about not having time on the grass but when he has opportunity to work with the squad he sends the player out. When you add to the lack of bringing players through prior, it doesn’t scream a coach who wants to use or develop the academy except out of necessity.

And to repeat. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LOAN IN ISOLATION!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It might. Did you read the part of the post where I said I didn’t have a problem with the loan in isolation but it added concern to the thematic?

The basic is that Liam has moaned - several times - about not having time on the grass but when he has opportunity to work with the squad he sends the player out. When you add to the lack of bringing players through prior, it doesn’t scream a coach who wants to use or develop the academy except out of necessity.

And to repeat. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LOAN IN ISOLATION!!!

Stop sitting on the fence dammit! Do you have a problem with the loan? Please consider this question especially when viewed in isolation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don't disagree based on what I've seen, but clearly that's not happening so what is he meant to do in the meantime?

I guess I’d answer it in 3 parts.  

a) I’d rather he stayed and was coached by Manning as to what he wants from him going forwards.   Learn from the seniors whilst they are still here.   Get on the bench and get minutes 

b) If that isn’t happening then I would want and EXPECT our DOF and his team to have worked on him getting a decent loan in January. League 1 clubs would’ve picked him up and top league 2 at worst.  This is a player with champ experience this season.  

Z) if the new manager doesn’t want scenario A and the incompetents can’t arrange scenario B then I’ll take him going on loan and playing mens football. But National League south? **** me.   He’s better than that and he should’ve been managed better.  Much much better.    

Edited by lenred
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, lenred said:

a) I’d rather he stayed and was coached by Manning as to what he wants from him going forwards.   Learn from the seniors whilst they are still here.   Get on the bench and get minutes  WILL STILL HAPPEN apart from getting on the bench which he's has no chance with our current bench

b) If that isn’t happening then I would want and EXPECT our DOF and his team to have worked on him getting a decent loan in January. League 1 clubs would’ve picked him up and top league 2 at worst.  This is a player with champ experience this season.  No chance of a League 1 Loan, I'm sure if there was interest we would have heard of it and he would have gone.

Z) if the new manager doesn’t want scenario an and the incompetents can’t arrange scenario b then I’ll take him going on loan and playing mens football. But National League south? **** me.   He’s better than that and he should’ve been managed better.  Much much better.    Is he though? I think this is the option for him with the window closed

Why was he not used against Wednesday last weekend, if he is as good as you make out ?

because we used other subs

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

a) I’d rather he stayed and was coached by Manning as to what he wants from him going forwards.   Learn from the seniors whilst they are still here.   Get on the bench and get minutes 

b) If that isn’t happening then I would want and EXPECT our DOF and his team to have worked on him getting a decent loan in January. League 1 clubs would’ve picked him up and top league 2 at worst.  This is a player with champ experience this season.  

Z) if the new manager doesn’t want scenario A and the incompetents can’t arrange scenario B then I’ll take him going on loan and playing mens football. But National League south? **** me.   He’s better than that and he should’ve been managed better.  Much much better.    

Point 2 is spot on, particularly as they were working on bringing Medube in.

I thought he was brought in early due to injury, showed well in training and kept his spot on the bench.
Now I haven't seen anything that says he should be there now , not while we have proper options . When Bell & TC came into the team/squad. , they made a quick impact . Yeboah hasn't as such so a loan makes sense.

Didn't we have a thread explaining that they want to push the U18s ? One step from a Semi final.
Yeboah still qualifies and  is playing in the FA Cup.
A Non League Loans allows him to come back and train and play for the U18's. 
Means the U18s are stronger , he's training and playing mens football and he's being kept a close eye on by the Club.

I think it's a good solution for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

because we used other subs

So in 270 minutes we have seen a player that we have an option to buy (He cost his belgian club in excess of £1.5 million) for a lot of money for just 30 minutes.

As I said he was brought in for the here and now, seeing that LM had already dropped Yeboah from the first team picture. Strange that he hasn't used him more.

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Cant believe he's just going turn up with his boots at 3pm every Saturday.

Bath are part time, so what else is he going to do with his time outside of their training sessions? Presumably he'll still be with us most of the time.

It's interesting that his loan is to such a low level, but is loan windows closed for league teams?

It was clear he was some way off first team standard and I dont think chucking him in at a time when the team is struggling and the fans are on the brink of turning on them / manager etc is going to do him any good.

Get him to Bath, a very good side playing decent football and pushing for promotion and hopefully build his confidence.

I think it's a good move for him personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So in 270 minutes we have seen a player that we have an option to buy (He cost his belgian club in excess of £1.5 million) for a lot of money for just 30 minutes.

As I said he was brought in for the here and now, seeing that LM had already dropped Yeboah from the first team picture. Strange that he hasn't used him more.

He's 19, there's plenty of football to be played

Without turning this into a Medube thread, I think they were surprised he was so way off the standard against QPR. Genuinely looked like a competition winner out there. So I think the intent was here and now but they didn’t do due diligence or scout properly to see if he could cut it. 

And again, when your teammates - who haven’t just seen you in that game but seen you in training - actively don’t pass to you, it’s a bit of a sign.

• Facepalm 1