IGNORED

Max O’Leary - Should we be worried?

59 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

anyone else think he looked uneasy after that kick in the first half?  thought it was only a matter of time before he siezed up and bajic came on but fair play to him,he saw the game out without any issues

Yeah I just commented on another thread about it. I assumed Bajic would come on straight away especially as there is nothing to play for in the season now and no need to risk making his knock any worse. As you say fair play for him continuing the game out though.

In regards to the main topic of this thread, I have always been a strong supporter of Max as people will notice with my previous comments on here. I don't believe he will go in the summer and I am very confident he will be here at the end of the summer but football is a weird sport and anything can happen. Still would like another backup to Max as the club obviously don't rate Bajic, if they did I reckon he would have come on yesterday and they wouldn't have taken any risks with Max. But very happy to see him performing well and really hope he carries on getting better!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

anyone else think he looked uneasy after that kick in the first half?  thought it was only a matter of time before he siezed up and bajic came on but fair play to him,he saw the game out without any issues

Has played every minute of every match, inc cups this season.  Some effort.

• Like 5

Sometimes I feel like OLearys number one fan! 

If thee boy doesn’t get in the next Irish squad then there is no justice!

As for someone coming in, I think it’s inevitable he’s on the radar of ‘bigger’ clubs. Whether that amounts to a bid/bids who knows, but what I know is he has earned the respect of the players in front of him!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

He was definitely struggling with certain movements after the collision. Anyone know what the issue is?

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Sometimes I feel like OLearys number one fan! 

If thee boy doesn’t get in the next Irish squad then there is no justice!

As for someone coming in, I think it’s inevitable he’s on the radar of ‘bigger’ clubs. Whether that amounts to a bid/bids who knows, but what I know is he has earned the respect of the players in front of him!

Was having this chat recently. He is surely deserving of a call up on current form.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Got to get ahead of Bazunu, Travers and Kelleher.  That’s the problem.  In fairness, Bazunu has looked poor this season.

Yeah should be ahead of Bazunu. Travers has gone back to Bournemouth and become a bench warmer a part from cup games. Kelleher been playing for Liverpool recently during Alisson's absence but now Allison is back won't see much game time. But surely got to be called up with his form.

• Admin

A point raised in commentary yesterday was Max's save percentage so I did a bit of looking at stat websites today. It seems that, with Max ever-present, we have the best save percentage in the division. Now they may be easier shots than some others, but I'm fine with that if this is part of our defensive unit performing well.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like Max, I love having an academy player, born and raised in the vicinity of Bristol, play a key role in our squad. He's had a good season as part of an excellent defensive unit.

But, I don't think he's irreplaceable. I think if we were to get a good offer for him, it's something we could accept without much concern, as I think there are other keepers out there who could come in and would perform just as well as Max.

So for me - no we don't need to worry if he leaves.

It might be disappointing, and I am not calling for us to sell him, but we would be able to replace him.

• Like 1