IGNORED

Rotherham last game

Mike Stone

7 hours ago, 22A said:

Last game of the 2006/07 season v Rotherham; look to the left and plenty of empty seats despite this game seeing City promoted.

Ahh great memories , 

no not the game , the sun beating down could do with some of that on my back ☀️☀️☀️☀️🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Admin
13 hours ago, phantom said:

Shahan always shares the details on here prior to each meeting

They are the first Wednesday of the month (unless we are playing that night)

This was last months post

@BigTone there's a possibility our meeting will be moved after what I said as it clashes with another event that's not been announced yet

But as above @shahanshahan will advise when it will be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In respect of the Atyeo and possible splitting it. This is just an opinion nothing more albeit as I expected.. 

The Atyeo holds 3,414, seemingly at the behest of the SAG- thank you to @JerrySLO for confirming both the capacity and the reason.

We appear to have lost some 600-800 or close to in capacity pretty much unannounced. Not that I wish to give away fans 4k or so but given that there are separate stands this is fairly disgraceful overkill, no?

At th behest of the secretive know nothings who decide it all. I hope the club push back at least internally in so far as is possible.

Assuming that 3,414 is indeed the max for football, 2k..but what sort of segregation would they want if stadium capacity reduced by 2-3% and indeed stand capacity by some 15-20% for no discernible reason.

Is this the case at other grounds? A light needs shining on these bastards.. jumped-up, unaccountable.

Screenshot_20240417-011818_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71aa0543553fdef3284cc348c8a8df38.jpgScreenshot_20240417-011414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.12e81d5727e829229720279c17e9b497.jpgIt seems like drastic overkill, inherently wrong to me. I am not suggesting Jerry is making it up, I am referring to the body in question and the lack of public reasoning for this..not like they are in the same stand is it??

A public body as I suspected cutting capacity of a stand by 15-20%, is the Atyeo deemed unsafe, is it segregation...segregation between stands themselves.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

100% I'm sure it held 4-4.2k not so long ago.

That is the stand capacity, it isn't the capacity for what the SAG allow in there

I'm sure those away supporters visiting us now can thank our visitors from South Wales for that

1 minute ago, phantom said:

That is the stand capacity, it isn't the capacity for what the SAG allow in there

I'm sure those away supporters visiting us now can thank our visitors from South Wales for that

Well Jerry said on the SLO bit that the SAG had mandated 3.4k or thereabouts.

I'm not saying I want to give away sides 4k, far from it- I've posted in the past that we are too accommodating IMO, more that tbis is a draconian overkill given that they are separate and distinct stands...have the club sought to push back here where possible.

It also doesn't augur well presumably for e.g. filling in the corners.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well Jerry said on the SLO bit that the SAG had mandated 3.4k or thereabouts.

I'm not saying I want to give away sides 4k, far from it- I've posted in the past that we are too accommodating IMO, more that tbis is a draconian overkill given that they are separate and distinct stands...have the club sought to push back here where possible.

It also doesn't augur well presumably for e.g. filling in the corners.

SAG in response to the Welsh teams is a very likely assumption to make considering they are the only sides to have consistently caused issues

Personally I would get as many away fans in the Atyeo as we can, we make more money and as proven this season the larger away following has actually worked in our favour with both performances and results

Personally I am not honestly bothered about it, there are many other things to address and worry about than how many seats away fans will be allocated and who made that decision.

It's obvious the club would have addressed the decision as lower numbers of away fans means less gate receipts and money spent on the day of the game

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

SAG in response to the Welsh teams is a very likely assumption to make considering they are the only sides to have consistently caused issues

Personally I would get as many away fans in the Atyeo as we can, we make more money and as proven this season the larger away following has actually worked in our favour with both performances and results

Personally I am not honestly bothered about it, there are many other things to address and worry about than how many seats away fans will be allocated and who made that decision.

It's obvious the club would have addressed the decision as lower numbers of away fans means less gate receipts and money spent on the day of the game

It genuinely feels like these are undue restrictions tbh. I get restrictions given the particular rivalry vs Cardiff and Swansea.

I think the jury is out..albeit there are some good arguments off the top of my head ie Plymouth, West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leicester, all big away followings, all good stuff. Making a stadium a fortress, feeling like you're at Home feels important to me anyway..Birmingham in August a good example. Leeds were very good at AG, possibly the best side we've faced this season at Home but they were backed prominently too.

It's about accountability too really. There Is little from the club or in particular the SAG.

I think away fans in a prominent well backed position absolutely can hand them a marginal gain. Shouldn't need much segregation, if you look at other clubs a line or 2 of stewards and where appropriate police does it albeit the latter can cost. That would offset some of the reduction in away fans and in any event it is only some games where it may affect materially..Some sides don't bring that many at all so if capped at 2k or so...maybe no major drop.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It genuinely feels like these are undue restrictions tbh. I get restrictions given the particular rivalry vs Cardiff and Swansea.

I think the jury is out..albeit there are some good arguments off the top of my head ie Plymouth, West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leicester, all big away followings, all good stuff. Making a stadium a fortress, feeling like you're at Home feels important to me anyway..Birmingham in August a good example. Leeds were very good at AG, possibly the best side we've faced this season at Home but they were backed prominently too.

It's about accountability too really. There Is little from the club or in particular the SAG.

I think away fans in a prominent well backed position absolutely can hand them a marginal gain. Shouldn't need much segregation, if you look at other clubs a line or 2 of stewards and where appropriate police does it albeit the latter can cost. That would offset some of the reduction in away fans and in any event it is only some games where it may affect materially..Some sides don't bring that many at all so if capped at 2k or so...maybe no major drop.

I agree that it seems unfair to restrict everyone because of the behaviour of one or two clubs, and within them it is no doubt only a small percentage of their following.

I'm not sure what accountability you feel you deserve from the club, or why? It is not their decision so unsure what you want them to come out and say? IT you want to hear from the SAG that badly you should contact them and see what they come back with. Though I know a FOI request many years ago sent into them about something else was constantly fobbed off without being answered - though SAGs from other areas did reply with full details to the requests.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Reading that decided to cut the away allocation at their ground and look how their home form and crowds etc have nosedived since 

I guess it is all about opinions but the season there has definitely not been any advantage to the away sides due to a larger following, lets be honest Leeds were steamrolling everyone they played at the time we met them

You may be surprised too that from discussions with fans groups there is no interest from any of them to relocate to the Atyeo in the near future, and unless we were selling out consistently I see no reason to even consider it

For a ballpark figure with ticket sales and on the day purchase in the ground we made approx £100k from Leicester visiting the other week, why would anyone want to turn down money like that to limit to 2k for no reason?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In respect of the Atyeo and possible splitting it. This is just an opinion nothing more albeit as I expected.. 

The Atyeo holds 3,414, seemingly at the behest of the SAG- thank you to @JerrySLO for confirming both the capacity and the reason.

We appear to have lost some 600-800 or close to in capacity pretty much unannounced. Not that I wish to give away fans 4k or so but given that there are separate stands this is fairly disgraceful overkill, no?

At th behest of the secretive know nothings who decide it all. I hope the club push back at least internally in so far as is possible.

Assuming that 3,414 is indeed the max for football, 2k..but what sort of segregation would they want if stadium capacity reduced by 2-3% and indeed stand capacity by some 15-20% for no discernible reason.

Is this the case at other grounds? A light needs shining on these bastards.. jumped-up, unaccountable.

I see so many matches with fans sitting right up to the pitchside with rivals separated by a few feet.

Not making any part of the Atyeo available does tend to push people towards the pricier stands which im guessing is the clubs aim.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

I see so many matches with fans sitting right up to the pitchside with rivals separated by a few feet.

Not making any part of the Atyeo available does tend to push people towards the pricier stands which im guessing is the clubs aim.

Which of course from next season will see tickets available again for the cheaper South Stand 

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

I agree that it seems unfair to restrict everyone because of the behaviour of one or two clubs, and within them it is no doubt only a small percentage of their following.

I'm not sure what accountability you feel you deserve from the club, or why? It is not their decision so unsure what you want them to come out and say? IT you want to hear from the SAG that badly you should contact them and see what they come back with. Though I know a FOI request many years ago sent into them about something else was constantly fobbed off without being answered - though SAGs from other areas did reply with full details to the requests.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Reading that decided to cut the away allocation at their ground and look how their home form and crowds etc have nosedived since 

I guess it is all about opinions but the season there has definitely not been any advantage to the away sides due to a larger following, lets be honest Leeds were steamrolling everyone they played at the time we met them

You may be surprised too that from discussions with fans groups there is no interest from any of them to relocate to the Atyeo in the near future, and unless we were selling out consistently I see no reason to even consider it

For a ballpark figure with ticket sales and on the day purchase in the ground we made approx £100k from Leicester visiting the other week, why would anyone want to turn down money like that to limit to 2k for no reason?

Not every club fills the Atyeo, and I imagine most City fans have no knowledge or interest in fans groups.

I know a fair few who would use the Atyeo if available.

Take your point about Leicester of course plus a number of other clubs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Which of course from next season will see tickets available again for the cheaper South Stand 

Think the Atyeo should be chaper still though in view of isolation and facilities compared to the South.

Also shoukd be unallocated imo which isbt an option in the south.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The capacity has been reduced by stealth pretty much by 15-20% of that stand. That is the starting point here.

Perhaps not the Club then although perhaps they could come out and explain certain matters.. but the SAG are  a public body, they are beyond a disgrace really. The club have to try and push back, maybe they are vs these overbearing secretive individuals.

Reading have and have had significant off pitch issues, 6 point deduction x 3 Business Plan..don't think they paid a few for 3 if not 4 years.

Birmingham give 2k, WBA gave us 2k this year iirc. There is an element of Home Advantage and there is an element of reciprocation.

Agree on the Leeds point. They did so for about 15 games or something approaching. Only now have They stalled a bit for the first time since late December.

That surprises me, offering a whole end to away fans feels an undoubted advantage. Could offer first refusal to transfer for certain games to ST Holders.

Hull owner said just lately something about his goalkeeper in relation to location of the away fans.

It sort of computes out over the season though. In games where lesser away followings may arise, you can have some in a Home last of the Atyeo which brings both costs and  benefits.

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It changes the dynamics of the game for Max and our two centre halves..................

We have centre halves 🤷

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They are a shower of shit clearly the SAG.

Unaccountable *******. 

Sounds like Bristol city council 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Agreed. It truly baffles me as to why there is such overkill when there are stands separated ie the Atyeo isn't joined up to the other side. While the SAG may have imposed it, possibly the club aren't too vigorously opposed but I could be wrong.

A key reason it kicked off v Swansea was incompetent and or significantly undermanned stewarding and police in that corner pre kick off. A key there is to simply steward and police it correctly.

That could be it yeah. I just think from a competitive advantage perspective you won't the away fans as far as possible from the pitch and in reasonably moderate numbers..in as unprominent a position as possible.

Flexibility is okay- ones who give us a generous allocation you can make an argument for that, the City allocation could flex depending on away fans ie if they bring 1k we can up it by 1k less segregation.

There are a range of ways to look into it but the current setup just feels wrong to me.

On 11/04/2024 at 08:41, JackofromSanJavier said:

I remember the fans that did travel down South to the Gate waited until the very end (they'd long been relegated) to applaud their side, then they were impressively supportive of our lads as they did their lap of honour too.  I have a lot of respect for Rotherham fans after that day.  Plus, they seem to accept their lot without much fuss……..unlike those delusional sorts over at the stolen rugby ground. 

My brother, @RedYoshi was in the away end, along with many other City fans who couldnt get tickets in the home end.

• Admin
1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

My brother, @RedYoshi was in the away end, along with many other City fans who couldnt get tickets in the home end.

Did well getting tickets for the Rotherham section, didn't they have less than 300 tickets? 

I'm the flip side of the comment above, yes they were respectful that day but they've been a vile bunch at their place over the years 

Certain incidents won't be discussed on an open forum like this but they crossed the line badly not that long ago, those that were in the pub that afternoon will remember 

Just looking at ticketing site there are as follows,

Lansdown 381 left across entire stand.

Dolman 91 seats.

South Stand no availability 

So just over 470 home tickets left.

if I was the club I’d try and open up the Atyeo £1 a kid and £15 for an adult. As a season ticket holder making cheap tickets available for this end of season match wouldn’t bother me. Could get 2-3k in there as well as some free school tickets. 

as last game I’d imagine a lot of SS season ticket holders who pick and chose are more likely to attend given last game of season etc. 

• Admin
7 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Just looking at ticketing site there are as follows,

Lansdown 381 left across entire stand.

Dolman 91 seats.

South Stand no availability 

So just over 470 home tickets left.

if I was the club I’d try and open up the Atyeo £1 a kid and £15 for an adult. As a season ticket holder making cheap tickets available for this end of season match wouldn’t bother me. Could get 2-3k in there as well as some free school tickets. 

as last game I’d imagine a lot of SS season ticket holders who pick and chose are more likely to attend given last game of season etc. 

I don't want to appear to be negative here, but like previously mentioned you are only counting the tickets currently available for sale 

As the Leicester fixture demonstrated there are hundreds more tickets that could be released if demand dictated and if sales are that high we'll see being released shortly. 

You mention kids for £1, we're already doing that offer that day 

The other point if an area of the Atyeo is sold cheaper, we'd have to not only offer the same price to Rotherham but also we'd have to match it in the South Stand 

On a completely different note, it's interesting to see demand as high as this for a complete dead rubber of a game and also that so many people consistently say "Manning ball" is so boring etc

On 11/04/2024 at 16:59, BrizzleRed said:

I’ve made no secret that I’ve got little time for the Lansdown’s or Tinnion, especially after recent events.  

I well remember Tinnion commenting after getting the Manager post that he ‘knew what fans wanted and would be working towards that’, or words to that effect.  With the current lack of involvement by the SLO, someone at the club needs to make the effort to show they actually want to engage with the fanbase, rather than treat us as outsiders and largely irrelevant.

This would now be a chance for Tinnion to walk the walk and actually prove how well he really does know the fanbase and start bringing some very disconnected fans back on board.

As you say, regarding the Atyeo, there could be issues with FA cup games, though we aren’t usually in that competition for long anyway!

Potential safe standing at the back of the SS is another subject that should come into play, particularly with the changes around no more new ST’s being allowed in that stand.  Potential to introduce some safe standing would also provide some justification for those ST changes.  It would also help foster the home advantage and atmosphere.

It would be nice to see these things now being treated with some importance, rather than some tentative meetings that could drag on for ages before any decisions are made.

Get our singing section out of that bloody corner

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I don't want to appear to be negative here, but like previously mentioned you are only counting the tickets currently available for sale 

As the Leicester fixture demonstrated there are hundreds more tickets that could be released if demand dictated and if sales are that high we'll see being released shortly. 

You mention kids for £1, we're already doing that offer that day 

The other point if an area of the Atyeo is sold cheaper, we'd have to not only offer the same price to Rotherham but also we'd have to match it in the South Stand 

On a completely different note, it's interesting to see demand as high as this for a complete dead rubber of a game and also that so many people consistently say "Manning ball" is so boring etc

The only tickets available other than on our site are the complimentary tickets that don’t get taken up at last minute and restricted views , Bristol City do not hold batches of tickets back WHY WOULD THEY 

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Bloody right, I bet the visiting fans laugh their heads off seeing that.

Fortress Ashton Gate my arse and don’t reckon it’s any coincidence that our home record has been crap for years.

Don’t think the one at the top wants the Gate to be intimidating, we’ve got to just sit down and be nice and quiet.  He wouldn’t want any of that partizan nonsense!!!

If its mandated by the SAG that we HAVE cover 800 or so seats in the Atyeo anyway, why not cover them with segregation vertically and force away fans to the left hand side of the stand?

Reduce the max away following to say 2k and then release the 1.5k or so spare seats on an unallocated basis to home fans. Far to accommodating to away fans as it is. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

The only tickets available other than on our site are the complimentary tickets that don’t get taken up at last minute and restricted views , Bristol City do not hold batches of tickets back WHY WOULD THEY 

I assume you realise we have been doing exactly this for years?

Have a look at the sales for the Leicester game where extra sections (not just corporate) became available

3 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Do they want to move?

21 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Reduce the max away following to say 2k and then release the 1.5k or so spare seats on an unallocated basis to home fans. Far to accommodating to away fans as it is. 

Where are those extra supporters coming from?