IGNORED

Rotherham last game

Mike Stone

I hope plans are being drawn up to give Rotherham a small section of the away end over by the Lansdown,  so we can give at least half the Atyeo to City fans.

Last games of the season are usually popular so we have a real opportunity to increase the attendance due to a very small away support.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I hope plans are being drawn up to give Rotherham a small section of the away end over by the Lansdown,  so we can give at least half the Atyeo to City fans.

Last games of the season are usually popular so we have a real opportunity to increase the attendance due to a very small away support.

A drop in pricing was a real opportunity...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

It will be even more popular as its a designated family day all kids under 12 £1 (as is the Womens game on the Sunday against Man City)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I honestly don't think there'll be any need. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Boring airports aren't they? 🤣

Tbf it’s not a bad idea, but I’d go further. I realise the club aren’t looking to make money on the £1 tickets - moreso on the adult tickets - but the thing here has to be bums on seats, and try and hook kids for the future. Go out to all the local clubs in the Hanham Minor League and offer them, say, 25 free tickets. Put them in half the Atyeo. Get the bums on seats, get the merchandise sold, get the money from the concessions. Be imaginative. Rotherham aren’t selling it out so you can use the space at limited costs and maybe snare a load of future fans and income.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

We could comfortably give the vast majority of the Atyeo to home fans. They’ll bring no one. Similar to the 06/07 promotion day vibes. 

Making it cheap tickets is an open goal too, best thing for topping up ST numbers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

We could comfortably give the vast majority of the Atyeo to home fans. They’ll bring no one. Similar to the 06/07 promotion day vibes. 

Making it cheap tickets is an open goal too, best thing for topping up ST numbers. 

I remember the fans that did travel down South to the Gate waited until the very end (they'd long been relegated) to applaud their side, then they were impressively supportive of our lads as they did their lap of honour too.  I have a lot of respect for Rotherham fans after that day.  Plus, they seem to accept their lot without much fuss……..unlike those delusional sorts over at the stolen rugby ground. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

Think this is a very good idea 

Rotherham won’t bring 200 so easy to police. Let them have the entrance by the Guinness bar and City fans come in from the Dolman end 

Give City at least half the Atyeo, even more perhaps. 

Season ticket holders can transfer their seats freeing up many in the stadium. 

Create a good atmosphere with a big crowd. 

Wonder if someone could contact Jerry for his thoughts and maybe speak to the owners ?  

• Like 1

As much as Rotherham aren't likely to bring many down, they still have to be offered a certain amount (not sure what it is exactly). So any decision on something like this wouldn't be until a few days before when we know how many of them are likely to come.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf it’s not a bad idea, but I’d go further. I realise the club aren’t looking to make money on the £1 tickets - moreso on the adult tickets - but the thing here has to be bums on seats, and try and hook kids for the future. Go out to all the local clubs in the Hanham Minor League and offer them, say, 25 free tickets. Put them in half the Atyeo. Get the bums on seats, get the merchandise sold, get the money from the concessions. Be imaginative. Rotherham aren’t selling it out so you can use the space at limited costs and maybe snare a load of future fans and income.

My nephew was brought up by his plastic Leeds fan dad to be the same. But he had a schoolmate whose dad was a City fan.  So one Saturday, years back, I gave those two and another of their friends a lift up for a game.

They were in the old open safe-standing area, got soaked, watched us win 3-0 and sang throughout the game. They loved it.

That day made three new fans and although my nephew now lives in Hampshire he comes to AG whenever he can. 

As you say, get 'em in! It's how you grow the fanbase. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 3

2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

One question around this and the suggestions around the away fans being given a section of the Lansdown, how do we segregate the away fans from the home fans obviously there's a massive concourse that goes round the whole of the Lansdown to the dolman ? (Sorry if its been missed )

• Admin
2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

They will be bringing less than 300

But not worth the hassle of changing the layout of the stand and it's entry and exit points when there will be more than enough seats around the rest of the ground

14 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

One question around this and the suggestions around the away fans being given a section of the Lansdown, how do we segregate the away fans from the home fans obviously there's a massive concourse that goes round the whole of the Lansdown to the dolman ? (Sorry if its been missed )

Simple answer is that we can't in its current form, hence why it only gets mentioned on here randomly and not by anyone else

• Like 1

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Think this is a very good idea 

Rotherham won’t bring 200 so easy to police. Let them have the entrance by the Guinness bar and City fans come in from the Dolman end 

Give City at least half the Atyeo, even more perhaps. 

Season ticket holders can transfer their seats freeing up many in the stadium. 

Create a good atmosphere with a big crowd. 

Wonder if someone could contact Jerry for his thoughts and maybe speak to the owners ?  

Won't happen, there is simply not the demand for the additional seats

I think if we beat Huddersfield, and if the weather starts drying up, we will get a decent crowd and atmosphere for the last home game. 

Dream scenario is we win our next 2 games to set up a really positive vibe, but I appreciate I'm asking a lot.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Good idea but depends on whether A&S police agree to it.

Cheaper tickets is also a sensible suggestion but personally I have little faith in JL even thinking about that as a sweetener.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

As much as Rotherham aren't likely to bring many down, they still have to be offered a certain amount (not sure what it is exactly). So any decision on something like this wouldn't be until a few days before when we know how many of them are likely to come.

2,000 is the minimum I believe if capacity 20k or more, or 10% of capacity as the alternative if not- whichever is lowest.

Obviously if there has been past trouble or similar then allocations can be reduced, but in most scenarios this is the starting point. 2k in effect for Rotherham.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Cheaper tickets is also a sensible suggestion but personally I have little faith in JL even thinking about that as a sweetener.

Why shouldn’t they 

It’s Rotherham who are relegated 

They will have a few in fancy dress but won’t cause any huff 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

I can’t keep up - I thought the view on here was that people weren’t going to bother to turn up for the last few matches?! As usual though, it’s somewhere in the middle despite the OTIB extremes! 

It seems a sensible idea to me.

It could be a useful game as a test to see Home fans behind both goals.. clearly the allocation rules would kick in but it seems as sensible a game as any to try it.

3.4k the capacity of the Atyeo these days (where an extra 800 or so seats went I dunno).

Less 2k or so

Less segregation

Is the amount you can offer to Home fans.

Should we reach the PL (don't laugh) that 2k would need to revert to 10% of capacity.

Problem obviously is FA Cup whereby the away side can request up to 15%- in practice that is the whole Atyeo or the whole of the permitted allocation anyway. We do have circles to be squared across different competitions.

Dynamic pricing - start tickets dirt cheap, every couple of days they go up a £1. Start them at £10. Guaranteed sell out. 

And let the Rotherham fans have cheap tickets, too, they've had a miserable season. And they live in Rotherham.

• Like 1

Not to take away from the original post, haven’t seen it anywhere but will we be unveiling next seasons home kit on the final day? Feels like we’ve been in the current one for what feels like a decade thanks to the Hummel collapse. Can’t wait to see us out of it. 

5 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I remember the fans that did travel down South to the Gate waited until the very end (they'd long been relegated) to applaud their side, then they were impressively supportive of our lads as they did their lap of honour too.  I have a lot of respect for Rotherham fans after that day.  Plus, they seem to accept their lot without much fuss……..unlike those delusional sorts over at the stolen rugby ground. 

Got a massive amount of respect for the Rotherham fans for how they conducted themselves that day.  

We’re all aware of some fanbases who can be right knobheads, like the lot in north Bristol for example, but always look on Rotherham fondly since then.

• Like 4

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Much more to it than A&S Police, the SAG would have a say and it would have to be cost effective for the club too

See below as well, nothing to do with JL offering a sweetener

People moan about a lack of signings, why would we want to decrease the amount of money we bring in for this fixture?

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2,000 is the minimum I believe if capacity 20k or more, or 10% of capacity as the alternative if not- whichever is lowest.

Rotherham are looking at less than 300 at the moment, and have only asked for 1000 tickets to sell

Tickets have been on sale to both home and away supporters for a while now so too late to amend pricing structures - as already discussed on many occasions if home fans are offered cheaper pricing we would also have to offer it to away supporters

At present there isn't any need to increase capacity for home fans, so the cost and time that would be required to be able to split the stand for one game is completely pointless

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It seems a sensible idea to me.

It could be a useful game as a test to see Home fans behind both goals.. clearly the allocation rules would kick in but it seems as sensible a game as any to try it.

3.4k the capacity of the Atyeo these days (where an extra 800 or so seats went I dunno).

Less 2k or so

Less segregation

Is the amount you can offer to Home fans.

Should we reach the PL (don't laugh) that 2k would need to revert to 10% of capacity.

Problem obviously is FA Cup whereby the away side can request up to 15%- in practice that is the whole Atyeo or the whole of the permitted allocation anyway. We do have circles to be squared across different competitions.

You are certainly a dog with a bone on away allocations at our ground, it is worth sharing the EFL rules:

34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

34.2.2 Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club. These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate. The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate. Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable. Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

34.2.3 For League Matches only, the Away Club shall be entitled to a commission representing 5 (five) per cent of the aggregate sales (exclusive of VAT) of tickets sold on behalf of the Home Club, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs. The Away Club shall submit a VAT invoice, in respect of the commission due, to the Home Club within five working days of the date of the match taking place.

34.2.4 The Away Club may charge a booking fee or transaction charge to the customer providing this is exactly the same in every respect as that which it charges for tickets to its own home matches.

34.2.5 Each Club shall, not later than 30 June prior to the commencement of the following Season, provide to The League a ground/zone plan together with associated ticket prices (‘Pricing Plan’). The Pricing Plan shall be accompanied by the Club’s ground registration form.

34.2.6 The League shall provide copies of each Pricing Plan to all other Clubs within the relevant Division. For the avoidance of doubt this will only be done once all Pricing Plans have been received for the relevant Division.

34.2.7 A Club may not depart from the Pricing Plan without the prior consent of the relevant Away Club. In the event that the Home Club and Away Club are unable to reach agreement the dispute shall be referred to The League whose decision shall be final and binding.

34.2.8 No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation.

• Thanks 1

I honestly think home fans behind both goals can help the side. It helps a side.

The other issue is of course cost and revenue. There are a few circles to square but it can't help when you have a while end whereby away fans who are more likely to stand and sing perhaps..our own standing fans tucked into a corner.

There had to be a better way than the current scenario. Giving away fans a whole stand or most of it anyway just doesn't make sense from a football angle..Hull owner said similar, he mentioned why he was moving away fans from behind the goal and referred to the goalkeeper. Found a quick quote.

Screenshot_20240411-145229_Chrome.jpg.42d8538b35be00969ef7910e0597ea6c.jpg

It is relatively marginal in terms of total revenue, as a %...plus would some home fans in games especially where away fans don't bring many not offset some of this.

• Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I honestly think home fans behind both goals can help the side. It helps a side.

The other issue is of course cost and revenue. There are a few circles to square but it can't help when you have a while end whereby away fans who are more likely to stand and sing perhaps..our own standing fans tucked into a corner.

There had to be a better way than the current scenario. Giving away fans a whole stand or most of it anyway just doesn't make sense from a football angle..Hull owner said similar, he mentioned why he was moving away fans from behind the goal and referred to the goalkeeper. Found a quick quote.

Screenshot_20240411-145229_Chrome.jpg.42d8538b35be00969ef7910e0597ea6c.jpg

It is relatively marginal in terms of total revenue, as a %...plus would some home fans in games especially where away fans don't bring many not offset some of this.

It's these kinds of details where our owner could start rebuilding some bridges with the disenfranchised members of our fanbase.  

As you say, it may be a marginal % gain for the team at home, but every little helps and it also has the added benefit of making our fanbase feel more valued.  There's currently such an aloof attitude from SL that it feels like he hardly cares if we even turn up on a match day.  I't would be great to feel everyone was pulling together for the cause at the club, whilst maximising the benefit of us being the home side.  That can only be done from the top, but there appears little effort from the top to engage with the fanbase, other than trying to get us to cough up for another ST! 

• Robin 1