IGNORED

Rotherham last game

Mike Stone

• Admin
3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It's these kinds of details where our owner could start rebuilding some bridges with the disenfranchised members of our fanbase.  

As you say, it may be a marginal % gain for the team at home, but every little helps and it also has the added benefit of making our fanbase feel more valued.  There's currently such an aloof attitude from SL that it feels like he hardly cares if we even turn up on a match day.  I't would be great to feel everyone was pulling together for the cause at the club, whilst maximising the benefit of us being the home side.  That can only be done from the top, but there appears little effort from the top to engage with the fanbase, other than trying to get us to cough up for another ST! 

Apologies for repeating myself, but the SC&T have put a paper together and are in the early days of dialogue with the football club about how to improve the matchday experience and improve the atmosphere

Whilst still in the early days the club have met with us on three occasions already and the SC&T are working with the club to see what can be done "easily" and what will "take more time"

Supporters WILL be consulted before anything major changes and if there is enough interest anything is in theory possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

39 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It's these kinds of details where our owner could start rebuilding some bridges with the disenfranchised members of our fanbase.  

As you say, it may be a marginal % gain for the team at home, but every little helps and it also has the added benefit of making our fanbase feel more valued.  There's currently such an aloof attitude from SL that it feels like he hardly cares if we even turn up on a match day.  I't would be great to feel everyone was pulling together for the cause at the club, whilst maximising the benefit of us being the home side.  That can only be done from the top, but there appears little effort from the top to engage with the fanbase, other than trying to get us to cough up for another ST! 

It isn't easy on one level, like I say the dilemma of how to treat FA Cup games where they away sides would be entitled to a larger than 2k allocation...could have an equivalent ,number of seats ringfenced elsewhere in the ground for Home fans...because the usual 2k allocation may bit be applicable in the FA Cup.

I'm glad you mentioned engagement more widely too. The SLO has gradually withdrawn from this place and save for one post, has been seen less and less in recent months- apart from the day/period that ST Tickets for 2024-25 were announced.

Check the ask SLO section.

I'm not necessarily slating Jerry, I assume there is some level of guidance or instruction from above.

Back on topic, this is it- marginal gains. It can all add up. Away fans influence the game less, we facilitate a 2nd or a larger Safe Standing area.

We should definitely IMO give this a try vs Rotherham.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Apologies for repeating myself, but the SC&T have put a paper together and are in the early days of dialogue with the football club about how to improve the matchday experience and improve the atmosphere

Whilst still in the early days the club have met with us on three occasions already and the SC&T are working with the club to see what can be done "easily" and what will "take more time"

Supporters WILL be consulted before anything major changes and if there is enough interest anything is in theory possible

Thanks Phantom and I was aware something was going on between the club and the SC&T.  

While the SC&T are obviously the representatives of the fanbase, it would really help fix some of the damage in the relationship between club and fans if there was a more general connect, rather than just through private meetings.  

Maybe it’s just my perception, but it often feels like fans are viewed as just an irritation, rather than an asset and intrinsic part of the club.

The club are quick enough to put out stuff on FB, Twitter and email about buying ST’s, so it would be equally easy to engage with the general fanbase on even potential changes for the future and gauge the interest.  It just creates a togetherness vibe, rather than them and us, which seems the case atm.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It isn't easy on one level, like I say the dilemma of how to treat FA Cup games where they away sides would be entitled to a larger than 2k allocation...could have an equivalent ,number of seats ringfenced elsewhere in the ground for Home fans...because the usual 2k allocation may bit be applicable in the FA Cup.

I'm glad you mentioned engagement more widely too. The SLO has gradually withdrawn from this place and save for one post, has been seen less and less in recent months- apart from the day/period that ST Tickets for 2024-25 were announced.

Check the ask SLO section.

Back on topic, this is it- marginal gains. It can all add up. Away fans influence the game less, we facilitate a 2nd or a larger Safe Standing area.

We should definitely IMO give this a try vs Rotherham.

I’ve made no secret that I’ve got little time for the Lansdown’s or Tinnion, especially after recent events.  

I well remember Tinnion commenting after getting the Manager post that he ‘knew what fans wanted and would be working towards that’, or words to that effect.  With the current lack of involvement by the SLO, someone at the club needs to make the effort to show they actually want to engage with the fanbase, rather than treat us as outsiders and largely irrelevant.

This would now be a chance for Tinnion to walk the walk and actually prove how well he really does know the fanbase and start bringing some very disconnected fans back on board.

As you say, regarding the Atyeo, there could be issues with FA cup games, though we aren’t usually in that competition for long anyway!

Potential safe standing at the back of the SS is another subject that should come into play, particularly with the changes around no more new ST’s being allowed in that stand.  Potential to introduce some safe standing would also provide some justification for those ST changes.  It would also help foster the home advantage and atmosphere.

It would be nice to see these things now being treated with some importance, rather than some tentative meetings that could drag on for ages before any decisions are made.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf it’s not a bad idea, but I’d go further. I realise the club aren’t looking to make money on the £1 tickets - moreso on the adult tickets - but the thing here has to be bums on seats, and try and hook kids for the future. Go out to all the local clubs in the Hanham Minor League and offer them, say, 25 free tickets. Put them in half the Atyeo. Get the bums on seats, get the merchandise sold, get the money from the concessions. Be imaginative. Rotherham aren’t selling it out so you can use the space at limited costs and maybe snare a load of future fans and income.

I totally agree Rotherham WONT bring more than a coach full so fill it with fans of the future , give free batches of tickets to all schools and boy’s football clubs , I’m sure you could print 3000 kid’s tickets and distribute them before last home game 

COMEON BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DO SOMETHING POSITIVE 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

One question around this and the suggestions around the away fans being given a section of the Lansdown, how do we segregate the away fans from the home fans obviously there's a massive concourse that goes round the whole of the Lansdown to the dolman ? (Sorry if its been missed )

Just push the away fans into top left corner of away end looking at it and allow kids in from dolman end of ground ( right ) and a bit of netting around Rotherham fans -not hard 

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I honestly think home fans behind both goals can help the side. It helps a side.

The other issue is of course cost and revenue. There are a few circles to square but it can't help when you have a while end whereby away fans who are more likely to stand and sing perhaps..our own standing fans tucked into a corner.

There had to be a better way than the current scenario. Giving away fans a whole stand or most of it anyway just doesn't make sense from a football angle..Hull owner said similar, he mentioned why he was moving away fans from behind the goal and referred to the goalkeeper. Found a quick quote.

Screenshot_20240411-145229_Chrome.jpg.42d8538b35be00969ef7910e0597ea6c.jpg

It is relatively marginal in terms of total revenue, as a %...plus would some home fans in games especially where away fans don't bring many not offset some of this.

You're forgetting one thing......I expect the Hull owner cares about the club , and results !

• Admin
5 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Thanks Phantom and I was aware something was going on between the club and the SC&T.  

While the SC&T are obviously the representatives of the fanbase, it would really help fix some of the damage in the relationship between club and fans if there was a more general connect, rather than just through private meetings.  

Maybe it’s just my perception, but it often feels like fans are viewed as just an irritation, rather than an asset and intrinsic part of the club.

The club are quick enough to put out stuff on FB, Twitter and email about buying ST’s, so it would be equally easy to engage with the general fanbase on even potential changes for the future and gauge the interest.  It just creates a togetherness vibe, rather than them and us, which seems the case atm.

There are monthly meetings which are online and anyone can dial in and attend 

When there are wheels in motion the fan base will be made aware straight away 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Thanks, I didn’t know these meetings were online.  I’ll certainly check out 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Just push the away fans into top left corner of away end looking at it and allow kids in from dolman end of ground ( right ) and a bit of netting around Rotherham fans -not hard 

Of course but how do you segregate the fans from the concourse? 

19 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Why shouldn’t they 

It’s Rotherham who are relegated 

They will have a few in fancy dress but won’t cause any huff 

Can always remember city fans in fancy dress at Hereford years back plenty of huff that day 

On 11/04/2024 at 08:08, Mike Stone said:

I hope plans are being drawn up to give Rotherham a small section of the away end over by the Lansdown,  so we can give at least half the Atyeo to City fans.

Last games of the season are usually popular so we have a real opportunity to increase the attendance due to a very small away support.

Why open up the Atyeo to city fans when half of the south stand will be empty 👀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phantom said:

Front foot football wouldn’t be a bad starting point 👀 ( said in jest ) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, redkev said:

Why open up the Atyeo to city fans when half of the south stand will be empty 👀

Because those seats arnt available for sale as theyve already been purchased, you cant make people turn up but hopefully it will be different next season. 

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

So with two weeks to go by my very rough calculations we have around 1500 tickets left to sell.

I’m not knocking the idea of opening up the atyeo to city fans I will just be surprised if we do sell out , I’m not disagreeing the principle is good , as someone else has said perhaps go round to schools / uni’s etc giving free tickets fans for the future , perhaps we could offer tickets to gasheads so they can see what a decent ground looks like and what it’s like to score a goal 😂😂

• Haha 1

I hope plans are being drawn up to give Rotherham a small section of the away end over by the Lansdown,  so we can give at least half the Atyeo to City fans.

Last games of the season are usually popular so we have a real opportunity to increase the attendance due to a very small away support.

How many do you think will be there?🤣

• Admin
4 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

So with two weeks to go by my very rough calculations we have around 1500 tickets left to sell.

But as we do with every game we haven't released all tickets yet 

Also the number you quoted is about normal so no massive demand 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Apologies, only going by tickets available to buy on website

• Like 1

On 11/04/2024 at 08:27, Silvio Dante said:

Go out to all the local clubs in the Hanham Minor League and offer them, say, 25 free tickets. Put them in half the Atyeo. Get the bums on seats, get the merchandise sold, get the money from the concessions. Be imaginative. Rotherham aren’t selling it out so you can use the space at limited costs and maybe snare a load of future fans and income.

Be great to unearth the next generation of Netters. 

#need to be able to sing really fast

30 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The same as when the Atyeo has been split between home/away supporters previously. 

Yea I realised after I had sent my response that id read what topper said wrong, couldn't be bothered to edit haha. that would be a good a way of sorting it in the Atyeo

• Like 1

On 11/04/2024 at 23:23, phantom said:

How do we dial in Phants ?

Edited by BigTone

• Admin
2 hours ago, BigTone said:

How do we dial in Phants ?

Shahan always shares the details on here prior to each meeting

They are the first Wednesday of the month (unless we are playing that night)

This was last months post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last game of the 2006/07 season v Rotherham; look to the left and plenty of empty seats despite this game seeing City promoted.

Edited by 22A

On 12/04/2024 at 22:53, phantom said:

About 850 city match tickets left for this game PLUS one empty away end :laugh:

• Facepalm 1