IGNORED

Rotherham last game

Mike Stone

4 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Get our singing section out of that bloody corner

There's the issue right there. 'Singing section'. What prevents people signing around the rest of the ground, and why is it so quiet in general. Phones and no shows are an issue, but all this should be spontaneous.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Bloody right, I bet the visiting fans laugh their heads off seeing that.

Fortress Ashton Gate my arse and don’t reckon it’s any coincidence that our home record has been crap for years.

Don’t think the one at the top wants the Gate to be intimidating, we’ve got to just sit down and be nice and quiet.  He wouldn’t want any of that partizan nonsense!!!

Home Record has actually been okay this year however the wider point that you make I tend to agree..

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

If its mandated by the SAG that we HAVE cover 800 or so seats in the Atyeo anyway, why not cover them with segregation vertically and force away fans to the left hand side of the stand?

Reduce the max away following to say 2k and then release the 1.5k or so spare seats on an unallocated basis to home fans. Far to accommodating to away fans as it is. 

It is ridiculous and seems to have been imposed by stealth..should such a move not have been announced and it publicised. I don't recall.

2k to away.

Less segregation

Remaining Home Fans.

How big is the segregation- how wide should it be 

The other issue of course is the FA Cup- this mandates up to 15% of capacity to away sides so we would have to rework it for this.

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

There's the issue right there. 'Singing section'. What prevents people signing around the rest of the ground, and why is it so quiet in general. Phones and no shows are an issue, but all this should be spontaneous.

I refuse to call it a "Singing Section" :) but typically standing fans are more likely to sing, chant etc. Seated bit more sedentary  less so.

The location and size of the Safe Standing area feels too low to me..a bigger and more prominent one could see the atmosphere spread a bit further. More people singing,  more might join in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Because of allocated seating groups of friends are split up all over the ground.

I agree "singing section" sounds lame but its all there is.

Lastly, its generally quiet because the football is and has been generally shite for ages.

• Flames 1

18 hours ago, phantom said:

I assume you realise we have been doing exactly this for years?

Have a look at the sales for the Leicester game where extra sections (not just corporate) became available

Do they want to move?

Where are those extra supporters coming from?

Why would we have been doing it for years our crowds have never been near to sell outs before ?

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Why would we have been doing it for years our crowds have never been near to sell outs before ?

Exactly, they are never released for sale

If you look it is the same gaps in specific parts of the stadium over time

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I refuse to call it a "Singing Section" :) but typically standing fans are more likely to sing, chant etc. Seated bit more sedentary  less so.

The location and size of the Safe Standing area feels too low to me..a bigger and more prominent one could see the atmosphere spread a bit further. More people singing,  more might join in.

Try calling it a "Sing when we're winning (but not always even then) section,"

• Hmmm 1

All but sold out now, too late for them to put any of the Atyeo on sale I'd imagine.

Let's hope as many ST holders turn up for this one, over 22k home fans after the inconsistent season we've had is very impressive!

• Like 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

All but sold out now, too late for them to put any of the Atyeo on sale I'd imagine.

Let's hope as many ST holders turn up for this one, over 22k home fans after the inconsistent season we've had is very impressive!

Screenshot_20240424_195709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Will be interesting to see how many central lower Lansdown tickets become available now. 

Just under 250 corporate tickets for sale 

• Like 1

That's pretty impressive for a nothing game considering the change of direction made by the club mid season and the mid table finish. I'm really looking forward to the game and it would be great to sign off this season at home with a high energy performance and a win. The already relegated Millers have nothing to play for now so should be entertaining.

I think we're in for a disappointing day. Steve Evans is the sort of manager whose style we often struggle against & I expect them to be incredibly obdurate. Aligned to that thr players will be aiming to impress the new boss.

An early goal would change the dynamic entirely but I can see it being pretty drab otherwise as they will see 0-0 as a moral victory.

• Flames 1

On 18/04/2024 at 16:28, Sleepy1968 said:

“You only sing when you’re …..

in the Singing Section”

6 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I think we're in for a disappointing day. Steve Evans is the sort of manager whose style we often struggle against & I expect them to be incredibly obdurate. Aligned to that thr players will be aiming to impress the new boss.

An early goal would change the dynamic entirely but I can see it being pretty drab otherwise as they will see 0-0 as a moral victory.

Agree, his first game in charge was a 0-0 draw v Birmingham, which by the standards of their season is probably one of the highlights.

The ball is going to be in the air an awful lot when they have it & Evans is out of the Warnock school of low possession, loads of time wasting managers.

Not expecting too much in truth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Strange that this is sold out on the ticketing website, but City have posted nothing about it (unless I've missed it). Normally they're all over a sell out.

They've released a load of unsold hospitality tickets for general sale.

Probably waiting for those to go before announcing anything

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

They've released a load of unsold hospitality tickets for general sale.

Probably waiting for those to go before announcing anything

So the official site has now gone to sold out again.

Will more seats be found in the horse shoe to be put on sale tomorrow or will the Atyeo be opened!

On 24/04/2024 at 19:43, JBFC II said:

Personally I think the support ( wether it be quiet or noisy at home ) has been pretty decent seeing the rather unpopular change of manager and the huge inconsistency in performances this season , as for away support think this season it has been superb I think if o remember correctly before Xmas we sold out at many of the games , also taking 9,000 to West Ham and 2,200 to Forest and not just turning up in numbered but making a right racket so well done to all those who travel away regularly , Wouldn’t surprise me if we take 1500 to Stoke for a nothing game aswell , for anyone who’s never been then before dress as if it’s deepest winter always bloody freezing when I’ve been there which is about 5 times 

• Like 1

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

So the official site has now gone to sold out again.

Will more seats be found in the horse shoe to be put on sale tomorrow or will the Atyeo be opened!

Already confirmed the Atyeo isn't being used 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Already confirmed the Atyeo isn't being used 

Something else ive missed then, i now know how Bas Savages used to feel.

Shame really as there will be people who would of left it late and will now miss out,  Combine this with the empty seats where season ticket holders dont turn up its a potential loss of further sales.

Never mind

• Like 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Something else ive missed then, i now know how Bas Savages used to feel.

Shame really as there will be people who would of left it late and will now miss out,  Combine this with the empty seats where season ticket holders dont turn up its a potential loss of further sales.

Never mind

To be fair it was in the Gavin Marshall interview on the Forever Bristol City podcast, the club have not released any comms on the subject

It is odd that they have not acknowledged the game being sold out either

On 25/04/2024 at 15:35, GrahamC said:

Agree, his first game in charge was a 0-0 draw v Birmingham, which by the standards of their season is probably one of the highlights.

The ball is going to be in the air an awful lot when they have it & Evans is out of the Warnock school of low possession, loads of time wasting managers.

Not expecting too much in truth.

Whatever school of managers he is from, to get Stevenage up and around the playoffs in league is one hell of an achievement. 

• Like 3

On 18/04/2024 at 16:49, Mr Popodopolous said:

Home Record has actually been okay this year however the wider point that you make I tend to agree..

It is ridiculous and seems to have been imposed by stealth..should such a move not have been announced and it publicised. I don't recall.

2k to away.

Less segregation

Remaining Home Fans.

How big is the segregation- how wide should it be 

The other issue of course is the FA Cup- this mandates up to 15% of capacity to away sides so we would have to rework it for this.

How difficult would it really be to work segregation changes for differing away fan allowance between league and FA cup games. I cannot believe it would be that difficult. The club just need to be willing to make the effort 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

How difficult would it really be to work segregation changes for differing away fan allowance between league and FA cup games. I cannot believe it would be that difficult. The club just need to be willing to make the effort 

I think it could be the Concourse that's the main issue. That said there are always work arounds .
Big away following isn't the problem. When you get 1000 in a 3,500 stand is when you lose money , or potential money. The balance is spend Vs gain . How many times a year do we get small followings for a game that would sell out ? 

They could probably put in a movable wall for segregating the Concourse, but it has to be cost effective , they wont do anything just for fun or atmosphere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it could be the Concourse that's the main issue. That said there are always work arounds .
Big away following isn't the problem. When you get 1000 in a 3,500 stand is when you lose money , or potential money. The balance is spend Vs gain . How many times a year do we get small followings for a game that would sell out ? 

They could probably put in a movable wall for segregating the Concourse, but it has to be cost effective , they wont do anything just for fun or atmosphere.

Run by bloody accountants again