IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

Twine is slower and is half the player Tomlin was, just my opinion but I think he's way too soft. Unless its a set piece he just gives it away constantly. 

Get Sykes further forward and stick the young lad Knight-Lebel at RWB, put Knight back into midfield with James or Williams.

Yeah we're going to struggle without Vyner or Dickie at the back and they are pressing well but we need to go long into runners who can actually find the space, Knight and Twine aren't helping Conway in the slightest.

We can't wait for the overlap from wingback every single attack ffs, the forward three need to take some accountability, so poor. 

If I was a Huddersfield defender I wouldn't believe this team hit Blackburn for 5 midweek. They aren't making many mistakes and look whats happening.

If it carries on this way then the inevitable will happen and it will be QPR, Cardiff, Millwall home games all over again.

• Like 4
Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Wasn't Twine supposed to do that??

He’s had a couple of “moments” - the dummy on about 30 minutes and a decent free kick delivery. He’s not massively keen to engage, and I know that’s not his game. There was one ball up on around 40 minutes which the centre half won and Twine didn’t even make it difficult - he basically moved out of the way to give the path. As I said, the gap between front and back is huge but Scott, for me, is not doing enough to involve himself or make himself an option when up there.

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Fans booing the back passing. 

Understandable.  I get that they're trying to protect a makeshift back 4, but we've been good on the break only to play it backwards. Your got to gamble once in a while.  

Just now, old_eastender said:

Take Williams off, drop Knight back to centre midfield, Twine to no. 10 role, Mehmeti on to give them something to think about.

It's a sign of the times that we're now thinking about Mehmeti as being a good option. I'd bring him on now.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Take Williams off, drop Knight back to centre midfield, Twine to no. 10 role, Mehmeti on to give them something to think about.

Would take off Twine personally, far to weak for the championship, or at least in this game. 

Lost the ball 3 or 4 times so far when pressured. 

Just now, George Rs said:

Would take off Twine personally, far to weak for the championship, or at least in this game. 

Lost the ball 3 or 4 times so far when pressured. 

I hope Terriers go down, and then I would be all over Rudoni, forget Twine.

• Like 4

It's a strange one, because we clearly look like the better team technically, but they're doing the basics better and both teams wasteful in the final third. 

I think if we up our game by 10% we walk away with a forgettable 1-0.

That first half performance is exactly the sort of performance that fuels the flames that Manning isn’t the answer / manager for City really poor imo , I said before the game I thought it would be a difficult game even more so without our central pairing but again the inconsistencies in our performances from game to game is like day & night 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1