IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

14 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

I thought she handled the game well and booked players that normally get away with the niggly fouls.

The only thing that I queried was when she moved all the players back to the centre  when their goalie was about to take a kick.

44 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Well thanks to the moaners on here after checking the forum at 5.55 yesterday it was pretty obvious we are rubbish, Manning out, and all the other expletives that was the result of another home defeat from a bottom 3 side.  Now I take defeats like this badly, bin radio Bris, Gas won anyway, was in a real mood, hate losing... Flicking through youtube this morning I tried to avoid all things football and in particular City, but there it was highlights and we didn't lose🎅..

Gone early on here again you lot.....always believe is the mantra isn't it?

3 pens in two games...World gone mad.

Did you mean 4:55?

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No doubt your expectations at the start of the season were higher than they are now. 

If you dug up my posts mate and I'm pretty sure I was predicting 10-12th.

This was when it was clear that we weren't backing Nige with the Scott money.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

In all fairness having both of this season's centre backs missing made a huge difference. With that makeshift back three they were always going to be tentative & safety first and that set the tempo for a largely uninspiring game. Huddersfield looked dangerous, had more tenacity which meant they were on the front foot and were pretty solid across the park. More than once I saw Tanner either caught the wrong side of their central striker (No.7) or just not strong enough to impose himself on him. When we applied a bit of tempo you could see that unsettled them a little. Rudoni was their best player, shame we couldn't sign him when the opportunity arose.

Hopefully both centre backs will be back next week.

Two weeks I think they said for Vyner? Dickie Idk, anyone any ideas?

34 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

I haven’t been for a few games - one thing I noticed was Matty James, appeared a bit less mobile and a bit more cumbersome - is he struggling with injury?

He was on the bench and remained there v Blackburn, so possibly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two weeks I think they said for Vyner? Dickie Idk, anyone any ideas?

Didn't he say he was close for Blackburn, but it might be a little too early ?
I expected him to be at least on the bench yesterday.

I didn't even know Vyner was out until I saw the team sheet yesterday.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Didn't he say he was close for Blackburn, but it might be a little too early ?
I expected him to be at least on the bench yesterday.

I didn't even know Vyner was out until I saw the team sheet yesterday.

Dickie should be full training this week, did a little last week, according to LM.

• Thanks 3
15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Well , talk about after the Lord Mayors show .

2nd best across the pitch, 2nd to every ball , 2nd to the loose ball and created virtually nothing.

We could have made one change and kept virtually the same team and shape as Vs Blackburn, but like the ghost of Lee Johnson was overseeing the game ,we chose to shuffle the entire pack .

We were awful in the first half, but no changes until that magical 60 minutes has come and gone , ever !

I know Williams got a knock , but he seemed ok so I wonder why he came off and not James who had a stinker .

Let's not kid ourselves , that should have been two or three nil. not a draw. 

Having to start a game with no recognised CB is really unlucky , but we didn't need to set up like that , and we sure didn't need a manager to stand hands in pockets and watch it passively .

For me it was the best result of the season, after 'losing'. Don't be too harsh, we are top on form table, and with this league these results are common, look at Leeds yesterday, we thumped them (Blackburn) 5.0 and they beat Leeds away, it's football. 

When we have Man City quality then I could forgive you to be disappointed, until then, it was another point won. 

23 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

For me it was the best result of the season, after 'losing'. Don't be too harsh, we are top on form table, and with this league these results are common, look at Leeds yesterday, we thumped them (Blackburn) 5.0 and they beat Leeds away, it's football. 

When we have Man City quality then I could forgive you to be disappointed, until then, it was another point won. 

I'm not really worried about results ATM , I wanted to see us put in a performance against one of the "poorer" sides in this division. We seem to go missing against these sides. 
I was annoyed with the team , I really thought we were past changing 5 positions to allow one change of player. 
There was no pressure on us but rather than relaxing and playing football, we relaxed and let them run the game. 

That form table is nice to see, but doesn't show how we played. It's not been great through that run, the odd game yeah and we rode our luck in games, but I want to see improvement too . 

Anyway , onwards and upwards. I might not watch Saturday and we will be brilliant .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not really worried about results ATM , I wanted to see us put in a performance against one of the "poorer" sides in this division. We seem to go missing against these sides. 
I was annoyed with the team , I really thought we were past changing 5 positions to allow one change of player. 
There was no pressure on us but rather than relaxing and playing football, we relaxed and let them run the game. 

That form table is nice to see, but doesn't show how we played. It's not been great through that run, the odd game yeah and we rode our luck in games, but I want to see improvement too . 

Anyway , onwards and upwards. I might not watch Saturday and we will be brilliant .

One thing for sure, as football fans we are our own worst critics of the team we support. The other team forums have a rich source of anguish, condemnation, and profanity.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not really worried about results ATM , I wanted to see us put in a performance against one of the "poorer" sides in this division. We seem to go missing against these sides .

Because, as I've noted elsewhere, sides that've been cack all season are suddenly revitalised by the need not to have a relegation on their CV, with attendant potential loss of income and career prospects. It really focuses the minds of lots of players. Results at Home Park, St Andrews and the New Den show Huddersfield's players aren't the only relegation-threatened team to play with a new urgency at this stage of the season. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Because, as I've noted elsewhere, sides that've been cack all season are suddenly revitalised by the need not to have a relegation on their CV, with attendant potential loss of income and career prospects. It really focuses the minds of lots of players. Results at Home Park, St Andrews and the New Den show Huddersfield's players aren't the only relegation-threatened team to play with a new urgency at this stage of the season. 

With wins for Plymouth , Brum and Blackburn , plus Sheff W , Stoke & Huddersfield getting points my QPR mates are getting twitchy . This weekends games will be interesting , few 6 pointers , glad we are out of it.

The Championship tends to throw up odd results right the way through, but this time of year it really is brilliant .

Huddersfield Town Vs Swansea City

Rotherham United Vs Birmingham City

Stoke City Vs Plymouth Argyle

Queens Park Rangers Vs Preston North End

SUNDAY 21ST APRIL

Blackburn Rovers Vs Sheffield Wednesday

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Same every year, and also a time where top end team have a wobble as pressure builds. Funny old game.

• Like 1