IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

4 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Pretty much this. 

I thought Bobby Madley was exceptional on Wednesday, but noticing a referee for a good performance is a rarity. 

On a more usual basis, the highest compliment I can pay to a referee is that I don't really notice them. I didn't really notice much of Rebecca Welch's performance today - she was only notable because she is a woman. 

I thought she was good, noticed the communication throughout, always talking to the players, rather than dictating. Thought the ref got most of the calls right, though I’d like to see the pen again.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Especially when you consider the amount of money this squad has cost us. Of course it isn’t a pin point indicator but the purchase value of our squad is something like 16/17th in the league. 

To expect good performance every single week in one of the hardest leagues in europe, without being one of the top spenders is just silly imo. For a Leicester fan it’s understandable, not for us. 

As the saying goes, a sign of a good team is when they pick up points even when they aren’t playing well. Had a very good last few games, off the mark today and without a recognised CB yet still getting points is a plus imo, just have to make sure those performances are a rarity. 

Realistically i think Manning has done enough to deserve the summer. That doesn’t mean i think he will suddenly shoot us into playoffs next year, I still think we will finish somewhere between 10-16th. But I see 0 point in changing manager at this time. Give the man a chance and let’s see what happens.

Don’t share the view of some that we should be really worried for next season. But it is Bristol City after all ;)

I agree George.

We are what we are and whilst I don't accept our mediocrity at this level, I can tolerate it.

Been going since 85 so perhaps my tolerance and expectation levels have been tempered with time but for me, if we make a top 10 finish or even flirt with the play offs in the Champ we've probably done well for ourselves when you take the passion and desire as a supporter out of the perspective.

Lots of players not at their level today but we picked up second half. Rounded off with a very fun ending with the penalty drama. Unbeaten run goes on, and lovely karma for the time-wasting terriers. Enjoy League 1.

• Like 1
Just now, Stockwood gate said:

Yes that’s him he was excellent 

My view pre and post game is he’s a bit of a handful, but does all his good work outside the danger areas.  Decent feet, strong, but not a player to come alive in the box.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was their undoing today.

Thought Rebecca Welch was superb (watching on RTV), got all the yellow cards spot on.  Was the penalty an easy decision?

Bugs me when refs fail to add on any time / enough time when stoppages occur in injury time.  They made subs, had injuries, etc.  quite right that game went into 100th minute.  A ref who applied the new laws that others have forgotten.  What was the view of her performance from those of you at AG?

I thought she handled the game well and booked players that normally get away with the niggly fouls.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If you want us to play well all the time why are you never visible, saying anything positive, during a good performance?

And yet, when we are crap, like today, you’re commenting regularly, highlighting how poor it is.

I’m intrigued 

Too busy enjoying the game. Like on Wednesday. 

I didn't realise there was a rule that only positives comments are allowed. 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Too busy enjoying the game. Like on Wednesday. 

I didn't realise there was a rule that only positives comments are allowed. 

Of course there isn't.

The issue is, you are very quick to jump on a negative bandwagon, but you become invisible when we are playing well.

It's all quite interesting 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

22 years old, attacking midfielder. Loan spells at quite a few local clubs including the mighty Yate. Not a name I expected on the bench as he seems to play in a position we’re well covered for today and may well not be renewed in the summer. As I said earlier, I’d have probably gone Campbell-Slowey for no other reasons than position, age and definitely here next year.

Plays 4, 8 or 10 and isn’t 21 until the summer. 

Just for once the Referee took note of the amount of time wasting by Huddersfield players throwing themselves to the floor for no reason last minute substitutions delays in taking goal kicks etc. 

Finally a referee that I would happily like to see at the gate again fair and took no messing She was definitely in charge!

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was their undoing today.

Thought Rebecca Welch was superb (watching on RTV), got all the yellow cards spot on.  Was the penalty an easy decision?

Bugs me when refs fail to add on any time / enough time when stoppages occur in injury time.  They made subs, had injuries, etc.  quite right that game went into 100th minute.  A ref who applied the new laws that others have forgotten.  What was the view of her performance from those of you at AG?

I thought it was a poor performance by the ref today.

Their positioning didn't seem appropriate to the play (and I understand that everyone has to pick their preferred view), but after a couple of early yellows, more harsh challenges went cardless, suggesting to me they weren't 100% in control of the game in terms of consistency.

Would love to see distance covered by today's ref compared with others as they seems very static.

Edited by Bristol Rob
1 hour ago, mozo said:

Mate, we won 5-0 a few days ago and won 3 in a row at home prior to today! A bit of perspective!

Leeds lost at home today to a bottom-six side and they really could have done with the win, we had even less than nothing to play for against a team that really needed the win and did not lose, unlike Leeds who did, as you say a bit of perspective is needed after our 5th game unbeaten having conceded one goal, anyway, I don't know about you but having been in the Duke today surrounded by gas heads when we equalised in the 100th minute it felt like a win and wiped the smile off their faces.

24 minutes ago, KegCity said:

It’s not a coincidence that James and Williams started together and we were poor, they struggle together. Far too slow in transition. 

Was saying this myself earlier, we’ve seen some recent improvement with Knight dropped back into the midfield 2 and then today he’s pushed forwards again and like you say James and Williams are too slow in possession.

We looked better changing to a back 4 at half time and that certainly brought Sykes into the game as he looked disinterested in the first half I thought.

I’ve been critical of Mehmeti but he’s been lively lately and he should have started allowing Knight to drop back.

But the back 3 certainly didn’t work today and maybe that was because of the personnel available.

would still love to see Nakhi and Tommy together but doesn’t look like that will happen again.

Thought the ref was pretty good today 

Edited by Back of the Dolman
3 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Was saying this myself earlier, we’ve seen some recent improvement with Knight dropped back into the midfield 2 and then today he’s pushed forwards again and like you say James and Williams are too slow in possession.

We looked better changing to a back 4 at half time and that certainly brought Sykes into the game as he looked disinterested in the first half I thought.

I’ve been critical of Mehmeti but he’s been lively lately and he should have started allowing Knight to drop back.

But the back 3 certainly didn’t work today and maybe that was because of the personnel available.

would still love to see Nakhi and Tommy together but doesn’t look like that will happen again.

Thought the ref was pretty good today 

They’ve been poor together since they started as a pairing. Both good individually just need someone to progress with the ball alongside them.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC

Burgzorg

Spoke to a couple Huddersfield fans on the walk back to the car I said who's your number 7 they said burgzorg and that he was hit and miss a player that causes arguments within the fan base he's either on or off,But today he definitely looked up for it and showed pace to cause us problems.

• Like 1

Very glad we rescued a point to maintain our unbeaten run. But it was disappointing to see us revert back to the type of performance we saw post-Southampton, especially in the first half. Huddersfield looked more cohesive and aggressive. I thought our passing was poor. We were better second half and were rewarded for plugging away. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Oh yes. I'm sorry. I shouldn't expect us to put in a good performance against a bottom 3 team. 

Have you been on the Leeds forums? I expect  Leeds Lark is saying the same things, for God's sake 5 games unbeaten one goal conceded and still the negativity.

Edited by pillred
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why can't I want us to play well all the time?

So I want us to play well but I don't want us to win?

Bizarre post. 

I'm speechless, which if you knew me you would know that's a first.

Edited by pillred
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC

Burgzorg

Mixed bag, pathetic dive to try & win a penalty but it stuck to him, he certainly looked to pass to a team mate if they were in a better position (TC didn’t) & whilst he wasn’t a massive goal threat, as I said to you this morning, he’s the type we need.

Like Koroma too, who often scores against us.

These are low budget options & unlike say a punt on a lad from Ligue 2 or Belgium, at least they have experience of the league.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, George Rs said:

Should’ve brought Mehmeti on much earlier. Love or hate his decison making he makes things happen, consistently. 

Twine had a much better second half i thought but still not worth the £4m that Burnley want. 

Twine was awful today. When he wasn’t giving the ball away, he was weak in possession, wasting opportunities and generally just really poor. If I was a scout watching him today, I would have had nothing positive to report. Contrast the Huddersfield no. 8 Jack Rodoni who was awesome, should have scored, and set up their goal. I would pay £5 million for him over Twine as younger and more potential.

• Like 2