IGNORED

Outstanding performance

BS3_RED

Outstanding performance but a schoolboy error at the end there, giving a penalty to the midtable side with nothing at stake and going nowhere but the beach, at the expense of the team hovering around the bottom three or four, with rather a lot to lose. In April. Tut, tut. 

Whereas Lee Mason, in the (46th) game v Birmingham City in 2017, chose not to award us, the home side, a (pretty clear) penalty, us being on the beach with nothing at stake and Birmingham almost certain to go down and never to forgive or forget should he penalise them. And probably be hanging around in the car park afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Thought she was good. Would like to see more female refs and officials. Only if they merit it of course. If they’re bad they’ll soon get found out like any male ref.

Exactly there on merit only , I don’t like it when they start mentioning gender and colour of skin sounds like there shoe horning them in for a narrative

• Like 1

fairly poor I thought, just that most decisions went in our favour!

stopped the game for a ball the gut, didn't stop the game when one of ours got a boot to the head and went down? 

not a brilliant display, but we got the run of the green for sure

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

But if a players goes up for a ball in the pen area with his arm in the air, and the ball hits it, then they should know, there is always a possibillity of the ref giving a pen. So it's their own fault if it happens. And before you argue, Owers said thats what he did.

Doesn’t make him right just because he’s a ex pro . Hes sliding in to block the cross it’s hit his arm from about 2 yards away. In situations like this you have to ask yourself if you’d be pissed off it’s that’s given against us , because I would 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Outstanding performance but a schoolboy error at the end there, giving a penalty to the midtable side with nothing at stake and going nowhere but the beach, at the expense of the team hovering around the bottom three or four, with rather a lot to lose. In April. Tut, tut. 

Whereas Lee Mason, in the (46th) game v Birmingham City in 2017, chose not to award us, the home side, a (pretty clear) penalty, us being on the beach with nothing at stake and Birmingham almost certain to go down and never to forgive or forget should he penalise them. And probably be hanging around in the car park afterwards. 

So you are saying that refs should make decisions on what's at stake?..... surely it should be what is seen on the pitch....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Shock...we get a last minute penalty 3 mins over the initial 5 mins added on and we think the ref was great !!

She was fine , would be interesting to see the handball back again to know if she got the that right. She gave quite a lot, but she was consistent for both teams 

You missed their centre half going down like he was shot for 3 mins then, before he was resurrected? Then McCrorie. 10 mins was the least she shouldve played. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Since when does getting the ball kicked in your stomach warrant stopping the game and the ball being returned to you from the opposition for you to to restart the game unopposed?? ******* joke  

Must have missed this (I fell asleep near the end, woke up for the penalty 🤣) but did it hit her? If so, that’s the rule now if the ball hits the ref. It should be a drop ball to the team that was in possession.

I believe any other drop ball decision is done by the players, the ref cannot tell a team to give a ball back for example when a team kicks the ball out for an injury.

7 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Shock...we get a last minute penalty 3 mins over the initial 5 mins added on and we think the ref was great !!

She was fine , would be interesting to see the handball back again to know if she got the that right. She gave quite a lot, but she was consistent for both teams 

Well the first 2 minutes of added time was wasted by a Huddersfield injury, so it was justified to play beyond the 5.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Since when does getting the ball kicked in your stomach warrant stopping the game and the ball being returned to you from the opposition for you to to restart the game unopposed?? ******* joke  

Well how could she referee the game whilst getting the ball kicked in her stomach. You wouldn’t bat an eyelid if a player went to the floor.  If there’d been a foul against us and she didn’t give it cos she didn’t see it would you be happy with that?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

She is clearly no better or worse than most referees but people like to push agendas nowadays,if the ref was Dave from Dundee then the OP wouldn’t be starting a thread 

Most weeks there is a ref thread isn’t there and if not plenty of opinion or am I imagining that? 

I am not sure at @BS3_RED comes across as having an agenda? 

I thought she was decent, got most of the calls correct and added extra injury time for the time wasting. The Peno could have gone either way but she had no hesitation. 

I heard Dave from Dundee had a stormer too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Well how could she referee the game whilst getting the ball kicked in her stomach. You wouldn’t bat an eyelid if a player went to the floor.  If there’d been a foul against us and she didn’t give it cos she didn’t see it would you be happy with that?

Sorry what? 
The ball was kicked into the Huddersfield’s centre half’s stomach, after which we had possession and she decided to stop the game and return the ball to them via an unopposed drop ball. The games gone!

• Admin
52 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You forgot she had a nice arse 

43 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I thought that as well. She could give me a straight Red to Bed :laugh:

38 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Only a face a mother could love you got sniper 😂

Isn't it funny how easy it is to spot posters who either still live with their parents or they're so lonely they obsess with  babestation 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

She is clearly no better or worse than most referees but people like to push agendas nowadays,if the ref was Dave from Dundee then the OP wouldn’t be starting a thread 

That’s not necessarily true. After nearly every match there will be a thread discussing the ref’s performance. 
it’s a novelty to have a female ref, the more often it happens people won’t notice. *I say that but if one makes a howler the usual cliched jibes aimed towards females will start no doubt! 🙄🫣🫤😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But she's never played men's professional football so she can't be any good at her job. It's impossible. 

This is just the woke Marxist commie Trotsky Gary Lineker led anti-Brexit BBC infiltrating mid-table Championship football. 

And I for one am FUMING. 

Love to the family Colin................................

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Isn't it funny how easy it is to spot posters who either still live with their parents or they're so lonely they obsess with  babestation 

It’s banter phantom, wether you like it or not we are all different doesn’t make it right or wrong everybody different and we have to accept that , we seem to live in a society now if you don’t find it funny or don’t think it’s right people get called out , not aiming this at you it’s just how it is , social media certainly doesn’t help

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, nickolas said:

You missed their centre half going down like he was shot for 3 mins then, before he was resurrected? Then McCrorie. 10 mins was the least she shouldve played. 

The 5 mins started on 91 so that takes us to 96. 

There was an injury after that but not sure it lasted 2 minutes as the penalty was awarded on 98. 

Incidentally oleary and another stoppage in the 1st half only led to 2 minutes being added on so explain that one. 

I'm all FOR refs adding on time especially for time wasting but I think if we were huddersfield we would be livid. 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I'm pretty sure I started one earlier in the season about a male ref having a good game. No agenda from me. 

• Like 4

Generally,  male or female people praise the ref when we win or they do something positive that goes in our favour :D and I suspect all football fans are the same !

No way anyone on here praising the ref would do so if we were huddersfield.

And that doesnt mean ref had a bad game today, just a comment on fans opinions!

35 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Thought she was generally good, unfortunately let down by one of the worse linesman seen on the Lansdown side. 

The ref Wednesday was better

The only lino I've seen worse than that was the one on the dolman side

Edited by pj76

I thought she did ok. 
Not sure about the penalty - and the Sky replay doesn’t make it any clearer either. 
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13114485/bristol-city-1-1-huddersfield-town-championship-highlights

One thing that DID impress me was her adding all that time on top of Extra Time to make up for Huddersfield’s time wasting sh1thousery. The penalty might well have been harsh, but it’s comeuppance for all that. If they had not wasted so much time then we probably would have lost the game, as it would have ended at 95 minutes. 

• Like 4