IGNORED

Outstanding performance

BS3_RED

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Love to the family Colin................................

Unlikely being from Portsmouth that he would support ‘Uddersfield, but look forward to him attending “The Gate” next season and getting worked up to the point of exploding, especially if we have a female referee!!

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Haha 1

It’s interesting how different fans see things.  On the Huddersfield forum it’s pure vitriol about her, most of it sexist and insulting. I think they were unlucky not to get 3 points but blaming her is a step far too far 

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/119765/rebecca-welch

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

The 5 mins started on 91 so that takes us to 96. 

There was an injury after that but not sure it lasted 2 minutes as the penalty was awarded on 98. 

Incidentally oleary and another stoppage in the 1st half only led to 2 minutes being added on so explain that one. 

I'm all FOR refs adding on time especially for time wasting but I think if we were huddersfield we would be livid. 

They wasted a LOT of time within injury time, so I think she'd have been well within her rights to play on to 100 minutes, to be honest.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s interesting how different fans see things.  On the Huddersfield forum it’s pure vitriol about her, most of it sexist and insulting. I think they were unlucky not to get 3 points but blaming her is a step far too far 

Guess it’s natural in some ways to be frustrated but agree they have gone OTT.

7 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

That would mean they wasted 4 minutes in the 5 minutes which obviously didnt happen (the 5 mins started on 91)

The penalty was awarded in the 97th minute. The Huddersfield players then spent 2 minutes arguing with her about it and time-wasting, which earnt them 2 more yellow cards, and that’s why it wasn’t taken until the 100th minute. Huddersfield only have themselves to blame for such blatant time wasting, especially as it came back to bite them hard on the arse!

• Like 3

I thought the early yellows for Spencer and Matos, set the tone, and made the rest of the game easy…players knew the score from those two decisions.

And then re injury time, she followed the rules set over the summer, that so many are now paying lip service to.

Cant comment on the pen, tv angle wasn’t good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The penalty was awarded in the 97th minute. The Huddersfield players then spent 2 minutes arguing with her about it and time-wasting, which earnt them 2 more yellow cards, and that’s why it wasn’t taken until the 100th minute. Huddersfield only have themselves to blame for such blatant time wasting, especially as it came back to bite them hard on the arse!

Was 98th minute, saw it on the clock but happy to be corrected if someone can prove otherwise.

Yeah I'm not saying anything about post the penalty as obv lots of arguing etc.

Making the point that if the ref should have played 'to at least 100th min'  that would mean they wasted 4 minutes in the 5 minutes ...which they didnt . 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought the early yellows for Spencer and Matos, set the tone, and made the rest of the game easy…players knew the score from those two decisions.

And then re injury time, she followed the rules set over the summer, that so many are now paying lip service to.

Cant comment on the pen, tv angle wasn’t good.

Agree with much of this...but only 2mins in the 1st half after those 2 lengthy injuries suggests perhaps she didnt apply it consistently in both halfs.

Would be interesting to watch the 2nd half injury time back...felt generous to let us play til 98 but maybe...not for the first time my eyes deceived me. 

8 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Was 98th minute, saw it on the clock but happy to be corrected if someone can prove otherwise.

Making the point that if the ref should have played 'to at least 100th min'  that would mean they wasted 4 minutes in the 5 minutes ...which they didnt . 

They wasted at least the first 2 minutes of the added 5 with the shot to the midriff from distance, for which the player went down as if he had been hit by a sniper. Then there was their substitution with Sorba Thomas walking from the far side of the pitch to go off , hugging his teammates and waving to the Huddersfield fans in the Atyeo, so that was at least another 30 seconds. It all added up and the penalty award can’t have been more than 20 seconds before she was planning to blow for full time. Then it took ages to get taken, because of Huddersfield arguing and time wasting. Which is why there was only about 20 seconds played after the restart. All makes sense and perfectly managed by referee sticking to the rules of the game. God knows we have had some awful refereeing performances at home in the last few seasons and this definitely was not one of them!

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 7

I thought at first she was picky/petty , but over the game she was good and played the advantage well. 2nd time in a week I've seen advantage played really well, though if I was being very picky , she didn't make it clear all the time she was doing it. The chap Wednesday seemed to make it clear he was playing advantage , which stopped the cat calls from most fans.
Few things I didn't agree with, but that's normal. If she wasn't a woman we'd be saying they were one of the better Refs this season , I like to think we will take the performance on it's own. It was a good Refereeing performance . 

But it was a dive when she went down.

It was our ball from the drop ball 

and her Lino on the Lansdown side was a clown.

2 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

No, not the team. The ref. I thought she pretty much got every call correct. 

She was certainly one of the best we have had this season. 

When I read the post title I thought “WTF?!”, you hooked me in you tinker! 😂

Everyone around us was saying the same. She was superb, one of the best referees we’ve had this season IMHO. 

Edited by One Team

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Sorry what? 
The ball was kicked into the Huddersfield’s centre half’s stomach, after which we had possession and she decided to stop the game and return the ball to them via an unopposed drop ball. The games gone!

Sorry. Was responding having heard someone else moaning she stopped the game when she got knocked, thought that was what you referred to. 😬

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

They wasted at least the first 2 minutes of the added 5 with the shot to the midriff from distance, for which the player went down as if he had been hit by a sniper. Then there was their substitution with Sorba Thomas walking from the far side of the pitch to go off , hugging his teammates and waving to the Huddersfield fans in the Atyeo, so that was at least another 30 seconds. It all added up and the penalty award can’t have been more than 20 seconds before she was planning to blow for full time. Then it took ages to get taken, because of Huddersfield arguing and time wasting. Which is why there was only about 20 seconds played after the restart. All makes sense and perfectly managed by referee sticking to the rules of the game. God knows we have had some awful refereeing performances at home in the last few seasons and this definitely was not one of them!

They wasted the 1st minute with the stomach issue (I was keeping an eye on the clock to see when the actual 5 mins should start!)

I agree, definitely not a awful refereeing performance , although huddersfield may feel aggrieved about the time added on.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Isn't it funny how easy it is to spot posters who either still live with their parents or they're so lonely they obsess with  babestation 

Neither of the above are true but if it makes you feel better then think it is,has babestation even existed since the 90s by the way 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

I think the main thing she had which many refs don’t was consistency. The way I saw it although some around me thought she was a bit picky, was that what she actually did, was apply the rules consistently. I thought it was pretty refreshing. 
 She certainly got the adding time on for injuries and time wasting even within injury time. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Rules are….a penalty must always be taken.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I thought it was never a penalty and it was the last kick of the game, so of course she’s to blame! Can understand the anger, but the sexism is unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I thought it was never a penalty and it was the last kick of the game, so of course she’s to blame! Can understand the anger, but the sexism is unnecessary.

So let’s get this right it’s alright to call male refs all the names under the sun on here when they give calls against us,the minute a woman ref gives us a shocking decision she’s the best thing since sliced bread 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So let’s get this right it’s alright to call male refs all the names under the sun on here when they give calls against us,the minute a woman ref gives us a shocking decision she’s the best thing since sliced bread 

It depends. Calling a male ref all the names under the sun doesn’t, if he’s deemed crap, usually include his being male. I suspect the insults are about her being female and crap or whatever. 

Edited by JP Hampton

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

😂 Does the swear filter not work at your end? 

Which shocking decision do you refer to?

Edited by REDOXO

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

The 5 mins started on 91 so that takes us to 96. 

There was an injury after that but not sure it lasted 2 minutes as the penalty was awarded on 98. 

Incidentally oleary and another stoppage in the 1st half only led to 2 minutes being added on so explain that one. 

I'm all FOR refs adding on time especially for time wasting but I think if we were huddersfield we would be livid. 

They also used another substitute during added on time, strange how the guy going off was furthest away!

And yes, when they were drawing a substitute went off on the Dolman side, but not when they were time wasting, I mean winning!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why would people feel the need to mention someone's race/sex/sexuality/whatever when doing it? It's literally irrelevant.

Although actually - it's not entirely, because I can guarantee you she had to work 10x harder than all the other refs we've had this season to get to where she is. Bringing the fact she's a woman into it is just reinforcing those barriers she's had to break.

Oh - and it's not alright to call male refs "all the names under the sun" when they make an honest mistake at work... which is what they're doing. But that's another discussion!

People can be angry without getting personal.

I thought she was really good. The ref on Weds was a level above, but I wasn't expecting her to match that. I thought a couple of the early yellows were a little soft, but she set the tone and importantly was consistent throughout so that made it a lot easier for the players.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3