IGNORED

Outstanding performance

BS3_RED

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Why would people feel the need to mention someone's race/sex/sexuality/whatever when doing it? It's literally irrelevant.

Although actually - it's not entirely, because I can guarantee you she had to work 10x harder than all the other refs we've had this season to get to where she is. Bringing the fact she's a woman into it is just reinforcing those barriers she's had to break.

Oh - and it's not alright to call male refs "all the names under the sun" when they make an honest mistake at work... which is what they're doing. But that's another discussion!

People can be angry without getting personal.

Couldn’t agree more. Just had a look at some of the comments and think it’s pretty disgusting. 
Good to see that some fans are level headed enough to recognise she is not responsible for where they are and the position they find themselves in!

54 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Making the point that if the ref should have played 'to at least 100th min'  that would mean they wasted 4 minutes in the 5 minutes ...which they didnt . 

But that is irrelevant as the added time displayed is a minimum of x minutes 

They wasted plenty of time with players rolling round on the floor and got exactly what they deserved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Why would people feel the need to mention someone's race/sex/sexuality/whatever when doing it? It's literally irrelevant.

Although actually - it's not entirely, because I can guarantee you she had to work 10x harder than all the other refs we've had this season to get to where she is. Bringing the fact she's a woman into it is just reinforcing those barriers she's had to break.

Oh - and it's not alright to call male refs "all the names under the sun" when they make an honest mistake at work... which is what they're doing. But that's another discussion!

I thought she was really good. The ref on Weds was a level above, but I wasn't expecting her to match that. I thought a couple of the early yellows were a little soft, but she set the tone and importantly was consistent throughout so that made it a lot easier for the players.

You make a good point about getting personal, but if you get to see the penalty again, you can see why Huddersfield would be pissed off. 
He bloke looks very hard done by, and if it were the other way round, I’d be pretty cross.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought she was really good. The ref on Weds was a level above, but I wasn't expecting her to match that. I thought a couple of the early yellows were a little soft, but she set the tone and importantly was consistent throughout so that made it a lot easier for the players.

I don’t disagree hence me saying earlier she wasn’t good or bad just average for most refs,they all make mistakes but for a thread calling a ref outstanding is let’s be honest ludicrous and not true for a start 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

They wasted a LOT of time within injury time, so I think she'd have been well within her rights to play on to 100 minutes, to be honest.

Yes. We’ve seen refs apply these added time rules that were supposed to be coming in this season in the Prem, but few refs in the championship, until today. So fair enough. They risked playing the game a certain way and it came back to bite them I’m afraid. 

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

In the first half when they were counter attacking and she pulled it back for a foul

Blimey I’m really having to think back.  

As shocking decisions go Im really not sure it’s that bad, although I suspect the huddersfield forum remember it. 

I’ll take a look.

I guess whatever your opinion of the referee was today things do seem to work themselves out eventually. Penalty’s are a good example.  We got a 50/50 today (although I read someone in the Dolman reckoning it was nailed on) a year ago we weren’t getting nailed on pens and having softies given against us. That’s life I guess. 

However I’ll call her a bitch just to check your swear filter (Mods please see the funny side) 😂 

Edit: Nope I guess if we are going to get more female refs we may have to update the swearing software. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

You make a good point about getting personal, but if you get to see the penalty again, you can see why Huddersfield would be pissed off. 
He bloke looks very hard done by, and if it were the other way round, I’d be pretty cross.

Yeah agreed, I can see why they'd be pissed off.

I think if one where if it's in your favour your happy, if it's not your raging. Given their position I'm not surprised they're so angry, but the sexist abuse is pretty disgusting (as I'm sure we all agree).

• Like 1

Just now, IAmNick said:

Yeah agreed, I can see why they'd be pissed off.

I think if one where if it's in your favour your happy, if it's not your raging. Given their position I'm not surprised they're so angry, but the sexist abuse is pretty disgusting (as I'm sure we all agree).

Absolutely 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I don’t disagree hence me saying earlier she wasn’t good or bad just average for most refs,they all make mistakes but for a thread calling a ref outstanding is let’s be honest ludicrous and not true for a start 

I thought she was solidly above average this season. Not the best, but she was noticeably better than we're used to.

Some refs are fussy, some are lenient - whatever. The important thing is being consistent so the players know where they stand, and she was. She was clearly in control of the game the whole time.

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just seen one angle of the penalty again on their forum.

Mnnn..  at the time I felt like it was the right decision.

But now, to be honest, it looks very harsh.

I couldn't see it from the Lansdown, but got to add that so many of the crowd in the South Stand corner shouted handball at the time I believed it was. It was an immediate shout, a reaction to what they saw ( or believed they saw) not just a hopeful shout to influence the Ref from what I could tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought she was solidly above average this season. Not the best, but she was noticeably better than we're used to.

Some refs are fussy, some are lenient - whatever. The important thing is being consistent so the players know where they stand, and she was. She was clearly in control of the game the whole time.

Exactly but a lot of refs are like that,the minute someone makes it a battle of sexes like the OP did then not only are you being disingenuous because it’s not about the actual decisions but her sex then you are disrespecting women in my eyes because they think they are incapable 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

Just been the Huddersfield forum. Unsurprisingly the reactions range from Bristol made their own luck to it smacks of corruption 

Do any of the picture gurus on here have the video? (I live outside the UK and can’t access Sky)

PS Louis Carey called us Bristol today on BCTV bless him! I always figure that’s because Rovers are completely irrelevant!

Edited by REDOXO

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly but a lot of refs are like that,the minute someone makes it a battle of sexes like the OP did then not only are you being disingenuous because it’s not about the actual decisions but her sex then you are disrespecting women in my eyes because they think they are incapable 

Yeah but he didn't even mention the fact she was a woman, so that's not really battle of the sexes is it. He just said she was outstanding in his opinion.

If you want to read that it's because she's a woman into it that's a you thing imo. Maybe they just have a different opinion.

36 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

They wasted plenty of time with players rolling round on the floor and got exactly what they deserved. 

Hmm fair point actually...and something I hadn't considered. 

Ironically I said to my old man in the first half how it's meant to be a 'minimum of' but never truly is.

I stand corrected :)

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Yeah but he didn't even mention the fact she was a woman, so that's not really battle of the sexes is it. He just said she was outstanding in his opinion.

If you want to read that it's because she's a woman into it that's a you thing imo. Maybe they just have a different opinion.

Cmon mate don’t be so naive,the ref midweek was far better but the the amount of likes he got was nowhere near what the OP got for this thread

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

Spot on and it took at least 2 minutes for the penalty to be taken, due to the whinging Huddersfield players, especially Helik, who appeared to chain himself to the penalty spot, or imitate a standard lamp.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

I agree with nearly all your post however you don’t know she had to work 10 x harder than anyone else you are persuming , you no nothing about her or anyone else’s journey to being a top flight ref  your just surmising,

on saying that I thought todays ref was pretty good , like others have said Wednesdays ref was the best I can remember for a long time .

39 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Cmon mate don’t be so naive,the ref midweek was far better but the the amount of likes he got was nowhere near what the OP got for this thread

Totally agree there definitely a narrative for some posters on here bending over backwards because she was female as the other week there was a headline about ( Sam Alison ) I think his name is being the first black referee for however along or something like that , his colour or the refs gender should not even be mentioned , all I want is a decent consistent referee which in my eyes I thought today’s ref was decent but Wednesdays was excellent 

42 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Bit confused here (I'm easily confused !)...not suggesting she should have blown on the penalty...I mean before we had the attack that led to it.  I fully expected her to blow from the goal kick after Twines effort

Aye.   think it’s one that when the full match replay is uploaded we can fast-forward to 90 minutes and see how much of the initial 5 minutes extra they actually wasted.  From memory but no timings, they wasted almost 2 mins with the tummy-ache, another 30 seconds with a sub and then some more time looking for a ball at a free-kick….so the game could’ve easily been 90+8.  The penalty was given around that time.

image.thumb.png.3e2e828f70007ad5cbf0218c443ddeb5.png

BBC timings above.

Id forgotten McCrorie’s injury too.

i’ll do it properly when the match is uploaded.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Aye.   think it’s one that when the full match replay is uploaded we can fast-forward to 90 minutes and see how much of the initial 5 minutes extra they actually wasted.  From memory but no timings, they wasted almost 2 mins with the tummy-ache, another 30 seconds with a sub and then some more time looking for a ball at a free-kick….so the game could’ve easily been 90+8.  The penalty was given around that time.

BBC timings above.

Thanks. Will be interesting for sure. I'm a big fan of them adding on the time and cutting out the dissent (which fair play to the ref today she was very good at doing).

I just felt that if we were huddersfield we would think she let us have one attack too many... but the timings will reveal all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

BBC timings above.

Spot on. Easily another 3 mins to add to the 5 that had already been added -  due to the injuries and a sub in injury time - and the pen was conceded around 98. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Thanks. Will be interesting for sure. I'm a big fan of them adding on the time and cutting out the dissent (which fair play to the ref today she was very good at doing).

I just felt that if we were huddersfield we would think she let us have one attack too many... but the timings will reveal all!

I was surprised too, but I think that’s because we’ve got used to refs forgetting the new directives.

• Like 1

Without the benefit of watching injury time back in full I think that less time was played than the 5 minutes shown and that full time could have actually been called early. 

I remember at the time on 95 minutes feeling like there had only been about a minute of play so far in stoppage time. I was also expecting to see at least 6 minutes from my general feel from all of the stoppages, injuries and time wasting during normal time. So i think time keeping was fine.

In general I think the ref was fine is as much as I think that there were some soft fouls given but it was pretty consistant in what was a foul or not and the blatant dives and play acting were ignored.

As always there were 1 or 2 head scratching moments, particularly the drop ball when we had possession. I didn't see what happened when she fell over just heard the whistle so no idea if that was poor or something that couldn't be avoided. 

Summary.... seen better, seen a lot lot worse. The reason Huddersfield didn't win was more because they only created one clear opportunity than the ref awarding us a 50:50 pen at the end.

6 hours ago, Super said:

I thought she was average. Nowhere near as good as the bloke from Wednesday evening.

Why bring genders in to it? Obvious why you've reached the conclusion you have. 

I thought the ref was very good today. Maybe a little to keen to do things by the book but that comes with experience. 

What you should have wrote was "I thought the ref today was average. Nowhere near as good as the ref from Wednesday evening" 

Says a lot that you worded it differently. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Isn't it funny how easy it is to spot posters who either still live with their parents or they're so lonely they obsess with  babestation 

Oh my the cheek of it😂

You’re the Michelle Owen stalker.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1