IGNORED

TV smart device

Robbored

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Seen this advertised on several platforms and it looks very tempting. Almost too good to true………:cool2:  Has anyone got one or know anything about it?

I believe you mean a firestick?  But a special one?

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Or even easier an actual smart TV?

PS You don't need a "special" stick or chipped paid for firestick to view anymore either

Do you not? I thought you did, so I have two. 

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Seen this advertised on several platforms and it looks very tempting. Almost too good to true………:cool2:  Has anyone got one or know anything about it?

I believe you may be referring to this new fangled device 

image.png.a7e3b49391c83b87b48ea66d0b3039e6.png

Edited by southside
  • Haha 2

The advert claims that it’s simply plugs into your tv and it gives access to all subscriptions including Sky Sports free of charge. As I said it seems too good to true and that’s why I’ve asked on here if anyone has any experience of using one.

Lots of posters know far more about the internet and tv technology than I do.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The advert claims that it’s simply plugs into your tv and it gives access to all subscriptions including Sky Sports free of charge. As I said it seems too good to true and that’s why I’ve asked on here if anyone has any experience of using one.

Nothing is free Robbored. But some people may pay £40 annual subscription for Sky Sports, Robins TV, Netflix, Amazon etc etc.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah that's basically a Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc. You plug them in and they give you access to all of your subscriptions, which you still have to pay for. They've been around for about 10 years by now I'd imagine.

They're handy if you have an old TV with no apps on, or if you want IPTV or something.

Edited by nebristolred

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just make sure you’ve blocked everyone on this forum that work for the police when you come back to tell us you’ve bought one 😳

33 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Just make sure you’ve blocked everyone on this forum that work for the police when you come back to tell us you’ve bought one 😳

The advert claimed that it’s perfectly legal…………:dunno:

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The advert claimed that it’s perfectly legal…………:dunno:

My reply was a bit tongue in cheek but I think everything is legal until you access subscription channels without a subscription, then as you say that’s too good to be true.

From what I can gather it’s only those supplying that have been prosecuted.

I’m sure others will be more informed than me. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, Selred said:

Nothing is free Robbored. But some people may pay £40 annual subscription for Sky Sports, Robins TV, Netflix, Amazon etc etc.

6 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Yeah that's basically a Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc. You plug them in and they give you access to all of your subscriptions, which you still have to pay for. They've been around for about 10 years by now I'd imagine.

They're handy if you have an old TV with no apps on, or if you want IPTV or something.

Not exactly true they are available freely now