IGNORED

Player progression

The turtle

51 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Think he's now mature enough and confident enough to take that leadership role.

Rob Dickie would be my choice but if James stays he’d be another possibility.

I liked Nige’s way on deciding who the captain should be - he asked the players to vote on whom they’d like - simple but brilliant way of electing the captain.

• Robin 1

16 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

James seen in a better light. A year or so ago people ( no podcasts being mentioned) kept banging on that his legs had gone. 

Another good solid season finally appreciated by the majority of the fanbase and even praise from 'that' podcast.

Aah... the old "legs have gone" statements, when the whole team are struggling.

People on here saying that about Nahki a few weeks ago. 

Just because someone is over 30. 

Pathetic.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, megansdad said:

Think Zak Vyner has built on a good season last year to become the 1st player on the teamsheet. Surely a future Captain.

Seems like the obvious choice to me if/when James moves on, but looks like Manning has his favourite in Knight who will probably get it with Vyner taking vice. Agree though I’d like to see Vyner club captain, I think it would be thoroughly deserved. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Do you really think that Tommy is better this season than last?

No not at all, my bad… I think TC will move on in the summer and he will benefit from some development elsewhere. I read the original post as what players can still benefit from development, not what players are currently being developed.

Tanner, Roberts & Dickie for me.

Tanner has looked stronger and more assured. The coaches are obviously working on the positive side to his game.

Roberts is a class act. Nothing phases him. He's very astute, reads the game well and delivers a lovely dead ball.

Dickie, has been the player of the season for me. Strong in both boxes but its his ability to play out from the back and hit decisive passes that really stands out. When Atkinson is back we will have a formidable back three/four. Question is what will the coach do? Atkinson, Dickie & Roberts would seem the best to me.