IGNORED

Pitch Invader

MC RISK77

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's slightly concerning that your obsession stretches as far as keeping tabs on my travel arrangements. 

We missed our mega bus so drove to London. 

Took us ages to find a petrol station open at 6am in the morning. 

Eventually got to London and parked up. Elizabeth line was then suspended so back in the car we got and drove to another station for a different line. 

We then headed to the o2 arena where I had a breakfast followed by some beers. 

Another line then got suspended so we had to uber it to the tax payer funded stadium which once hosted the Olympics. 

We arrived just in time for kick off so had no time for pre match beers. 

We then watched Bristol City play in the former Olympic stadium and had a fantastic time with 9000 other Bristol City fans. 

At half time I had another beer which looking back at my bank account I wasn't charged for. 

After the game we walked around the former Olympic stadium and had beers with the West Ham fans in the home bars outside the stadium. 

After that we then went to the shopping centre which we had to wait ages for the gates to open. Spoke to many West Ham fans whilst waiting too. 

We then went into the shopping centre and we had Popeyes. 

Following that we then went to Wendys for some burger and fries. 

We then got the lizzie line all the way back to where the car was parked and my friend drove home. 

Fantastic day that will live long in the memory which then set up a replay at Ashton Gate which we then won. 

Popeyes THEN Wendys?

I've heard enough. Take him away boys.

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's slightly concerning that your obsession stretches as far as keeping tabs on my travel arrangements. 

Eventually got to London and parked up. Elizabeth line was then suspended so back in the car we got and drove to another station for a different line. 

Another line then got suspended so we had to uber it to the tax payer funded stadium which once hosted the Olympics. 

We then watched Bristol City play in the former Olympic stadium and had a fantastic time with 9000 other Bristol City fans. 

At half time I had another beer which looking back at my bank account I wasn't charged for. 

After the game we walked around the former Olympic stadium and had beers with the West Ham fans in the home bars outside the stadium. 

After that we then went to the shopping centre which we had to wait ages for the gates to open. Spoke to many West Ham fans whilst waiting too. 

We then got the lizzie line all the way back to where the car was parked and my friend drove home. 

Fantastic day that will live long in the memory which then set up a replay at Ashton Gate which we then won. 

Could you do a comprehensive run down for each fixture you attend next season ?

Maybe add some food ratings ? How were Popeyes and Wendy’s 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope. You're the one who said you drove to London and were on the beers. How did you get back?

34 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

🏆  

Classic thread material! 

And this has to do with a pitch invader in a dress how?

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Where has this obsession with pitch invading come from? Feels like it happens so much over the past few years, out of nowhere?!

Completely baffling & embarrassing.

Totally get running on the pitch to celebrate promotion, but running on the pitch against the worst Championship team I’ve seen in years in a non event game in the freezing cold is weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So just to confirm, we’re you or were you not the pitch invader today?

• Hmmm 2

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Where has this obsession with pitch invading come from? Feels like it happens so much over the past few years, out of nowhere?!

How far back do you go and how do you define pitch invading?

I recall when the final home game, it was a bit of a tradition. 2000 v Preston wheb we finished midtable in the 3rd tier I definitely recall, unsure about Norwich the prior year.

Certainly v Rotherham for very good reason, vs Palace a year on ditto. Took a few years away from City for varied reasons but followed from afar.

Or do you mean individual pitch invaders?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You missed out going to Co-op for a packet of ready salted.

seagull-1.png?strip=all&w=592

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I recall when the final home game, it was a bit of a tradition. 2000 v Preston wheb we finished midtable in the 3rd tier I definitely recall, unsure about Norwich the prior year.

Certainly v Rotherham for very good reason, vs Palace a year on ditto. Took a few years away from City for varied reasons but followed from afar.

Or do you mean individual pitch invaders?

Individuals just doing it randomly.  

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Norwich 1999 definitely was a pitch invasion as it was my first time on the pitch 😅

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, phantom said:

All high jinks but the problem is if the referee mentioned it in is report 

The two that ran on a few weeks ago made it to the refs report 

Attention seeking knobbers imo. If you must invade a pitch do it on the final whistle.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Shall we have a poll?!

Seriously though it was embarrassing 

It didn’t surprise me that the steward was unable to stop him !

Guy was useless, I spent a fair part of the pre match build up directing people to where they were sitting as he didn’t have a clue.

Luckily there were no serious or important issues that he had to deal with as I doubt very much whether he’d of been any use.

The only thing he did achieve was pulling the veil off the wedding dress which has caused the discussion of whether it was a tutu or a wedding dress 😂

Edited by Back of the Dolman

21 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

It didn’t surprise me that the steward was unable to stop him !

Guy was useless, I spent a fair part of the pre match build up directing people to where they were sitting as he didn’t have a clue.

Luckily there were no serious or important issues that he had to deal with as I doubt very much whether he’d of been any use.

The only thing he did achieve was pulling the veil off the wedding dress which has caused the discussion of whether it was a tutu or a wedding dress 😂

Reckon he was a Millers fan who snook in wearing steward fancy dress!

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Person X said:

Hello. I don’t know if this is a good idea to post, but I’m the dad of the child - my son, Jay (not his real name) - that ran onto the pitch in the early stages of the match. First and foremost, I want to offer a profound apology to you all, to every fan, the players and clubs for Jay’s actions. I’d like to try and provide some context, if you’ll let me, to help explain what happened and why. 

Jay has just turned 11. He has autism and is suffering from PTSD after 3 years of physical abuse at school, being restrained by teaching staff (which was concealed from us). Both of these conditions create complex issues for Jay, one of which is he is heightened to what he may (incorrectly) perceive of as a threat, causing he to flee. This is what we think happened on Saturday. 

We were enjoying the game and then all of a sudden, he said he needed to go to the toilet. I asked him to wait and then before I knew it, he said ‘I’m going to the toilet’, for up and walked down the steps. I was about to go after him and then - out of nowhere, he turned and jumped the barrier. We were stocked and horrified. We couldn’t believe it. I tried to shout to him but he couldn’t hear me. At that point, I was really worried for him. He didn’t know what he was doing. As I ran to jump the barrier, I saw him fall. I (worryingly) thought he’d be tackled and - rightly or wrongly - I got protective of my little boy. When I got to him, he was petrified. I said ‘it’s ok I’ve got you’ turned to get him off the pitch but the Rotherham fans were shouting hateful comments, threats and abuse at him. Again, I should have reacted much better, but I responded to protect my child. I know it doesn’t look like he was scared - we do not condone he sticking his finger up - but this is a know protective response from children with disabilities like Jay. I felt exposed and vulnerable myself and so went into ‘fight’ mode. To be honest, it’s all blur. I was saying to him ‘it’s ok, I’ll get you out of here’. 

The stewards tried to direct me off the other side of the pitch but I was worried about my eldest son, who was all alone in the stand. I just ran off and left him. He was so scared too. The stewards then grabbed me and I tried to say I’m just protecting Jay. 

Again, I am sorry deeply sorry to you all. This shouldn’t have happened and I take full responsibility. I’m sorry. My family are devastated, for lots of reasons, about what happened. I’m worried about my job, Jay being identified and targeted. The ongoing social media hate is really hard to deal with. I get why people are so angry. Football is precious and match days are special and to be treated as such. What Jay did was not acceptable but I hope, by posting this, you might be able to understand it more. This was about disabilities and the difficulty of managing them daily. I messed up and let Jay down. It will take me a long time to get over this. As his father I must do better. 

Please accept my apologies. 

Took some real guts to write this 

• Like 17

I hope your son gets the right support around him he needs, sounds a very complex set of issues and all the best to him and you as you work through it together.

Edited by Granty
  • Like 2

No real harm done in the bigger picture, but on a personal level for you and your family I wish you all the best and that your son isn't too upset by this experience. I think your explanation shows you have nothing to apologise for.Keep on being the father your son needs and don't be intimidated buy ignorant people with no understanding of your situation. I know from friends that have autistic children that it is incredibly challenging for the parents and I have nothing but admiration for them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Person X said:

Hello. I don’t know if this is a good idea to post, but I’m the dad of the child - my son, Jay (not his real name) - that ran onto the pitch in the early stages of the match. First and foremost, I want to offer a profound apology to you all, to every fan, the players and clubs for Jay’s actions. I’d like to try and provide some context, if you’ll let me, to help explain what happened and why. 

Jay has just turned 11. He has autism and is suffering from PTSD after 3 years of physical abuse at school, being restrained by teaching staff (which was concealed from us). Both of these conditions create complex issues for Jay, one of which is he is heightened to what he may (incorrectly) perceive of as a threat, causing he to flee. This is what we think happened on Saturday. 

We were enjoying the game and then all of a sudden, he said he needed to go to the toilet. I asked him to wait and then before I knew it, he said ‘I’m going to the toilet’, for up and walked down the steps. I was about to go after him and then - out of nowhere, he turned and jumped the barrier. We were stocked and horrified. We couldn’t believe it. I tried to shout to him but he couldn’t hear me. At that point, I was really worried for him. He didn’t know what he was doing. As I ran to jump the barrier, I saw him fall. I (worryingly) thought he’d be tackled and - rightly or wrongly - I got protective of my little boy. When I got to him, he was petrified. I said ‘it’s ok I’ve got you’ turned to get him off the pitch but the Rotherham fans were shouting hateful comments, threats and abuse at him. Again, I should have reacted much better, but I responded to protect my child. I know it doesn’t look like he was scared - we do not condone he sticking his finger up - but this is a know protective response from children with disabilities like Jay. I felt exposed and vulnerable myself and so went into ‘fight’ mode. To be honest, it’s all blur. I was saying to him ‘it’s ok, I’ll get you out of here’. 

The stewards tried to direct me off the other side of the pitch but I was worried about my eldest son, who was all alone in the stand. I just ran off and left him. He was so scared too. The stewards then grabbed me and I tried to say I’m just protecting Jay. 

Again, I am sorry deeply sorry to you all. This shouldn’t have happened and I take full responsibility. I’m sorry. My family are devastated, for lots of reasons, about what happened. I’m worried about my job, Jay being identified and targeted. The ongoing social media hate is really hard to deal with. I get why people are so angry. Football is precious and match days are special and to be treated as such. What Jay did was not acceptable but I hope, by posting this, you might be able to understand it more. This was about disabilities and the difficulty of managing them daily. I messed up and let Jay down. It will take me a long time to get over this. As his father I must do better. 

Please accept my apologies. 

No worries, was not a problem and no harm done, I’ve seen far worse.

Hope club have accepted your explanation and apology.

• Like 1

If all this is true (and I have no reason to think it isn't) this is probably one case of pitch invasion the club can let slide without a banning order.

Your employers won't sack you if this is on the level - the PR fallout would be terrible for them.

As a thought - maybe arrange a meeting with the club and see if there is an option they can provide, that if 'Jay' gets unwell again, there is somewhere quiet at AG you can go for a brief time-out until he settles.

You probably aren't the only parent at AG with an autistic child, and I'm sure those parents would appreciate a 'quiet room' as well if needed.

Good Luck to you.

PS: If this post is just you trying to dodge a ban and the sack, then I can assure you the fallout from lying about having an autistic kid will be 20 times worse!

I'm sure you are telling the truth though - all the best.

• Thanks 1

I actually thought when watching the video of the young lad up close he looked confused and disoriented, there was something not right about the whole incident even when his dad came on it looked disturbing just watching it , not your usual pitch invasion , I think after the explanation from the father we now know why 

• Like 5