IGNORED

Attendances - Well done city fans

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You and plenty of others appear to think that almost everyone has able to watch games on Sky TV.

Well, I've never, not ever will, contribute to the thing called Sky TV owned but the very obnoxious Aussie.

Then you'll be delighted to hear that he no longer owns them.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep…although it’s likely to be 9 or 10 Sat 3pm home games.  The only caveat to the table below is that @phantom posted something yesterday about embargo dates, so we might be one home game better off than the table below.

image.png.3f354a6522d839be6d1b3bf90f6abe79.png

If likely only 9/10 home games at Sat 3pm, will all the 13/14 televised games definitely be at Sat 12:30pm?

23 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

If likely only 9/10 home games at Sat 3pm, will all the 13/14 televised games definitely be at Sat 12:30pm?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No, they’re between Friday and Monday - there’s also different time slots on the Saturday. 

Yep, we’ve no idea yet. @Never to the dark side reckons they will be 12:30, but nothing has been said.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep, we’ve no idea yet. @Never to the dark side reckons they will be 12:30, but nothing has been said.

10 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No, they’re between Friday and Monday - there’s also different time slots on the Saturday. 

Ffs wonder how many people who just shelled out for a season ticket know about this?!

22 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Ffs wonder how many people who just shelled out for a season ticket know about this?!

I thought it was more than a little naughty that there was no mention of it in the season ticket media- which I would imagine is true for all the EFL clubs. 

• Like 2

I reckon we are one of the more informed fanbases about the potential for disruption. Read a few forums from time to time..Birmingham fans are one of the least, they seem to have conflated the new T.V. deal with a doubling of fhe TV money as a whole and it going in the spending pot, whereas if they were to read the finer details they would see that Solidarity Payments make up a large chunk so it is £2-2.5m, £3m at a push 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think football is still adjusting to the effects of Covid,but its this coming season that does concern me.

With five of the Saturday 3pm Championship games being moved for live television coverage

I can see less season tickets and match day ticket sales be purchased.

I still think that the five live planned games will all be kicking off at 12:30pm on saturday

I might find out a little more when I attend the ITV AGM meeting this coming Thursday

I hope you're lobbying for getting our highlights pushed up the roster next season. We seemed to be on last again last night.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I reckon we are one of the more informed fanbases about the potential for disruption. Read a few forums from time to time..Birmingham fans are one of the least, they seem to have conflated the new T.V. deal with a doubling of fhe TV money as a whole and it going in the spending pot, whereas if they were to read the finer details they would see that Solidarity Payments make up a large chunk so it is £2-2.5m, £3m at a push 

Pops, I'm not sure them not knowing anything is a problem: how many League One games are going to get screened.?

17 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I hope you're lobbying for getting our highlights pushed up the roster next season. We seemed to be on last again last night.

Really grates with me, that. 

Although to be fair, yesterday's fixture was probably worthy of being last.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Pops, I'm not sure them not knowing anything is a problem: how many League One games are going to get screened.?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Between Lg1 / Lg2 - 5 out of 24 each weekend round.

Here's hoping, if Norwich get even a point, you'd need a 4 goal swing in order to save Birmingham and it's unlikely Plymouth capitulate at Home albeit Hull can be high scoring (high conceding too)!

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

The Sky Group was sold to Comcast some years ago. The Dirty Digger is no longer involved.

Another American company taking our cash out of the country!

only one consolation is that they were founded in Tupelo Mississipp, the birthplace of Elvis Presley.

I noticed we were last on for the Rotherham game,and we normally are at the ass end of the highlights,and only a few seconds long

Regarding the kick off times of the five championship games

Sky have stated that the full live will be announced up to January 2025

So if all five games are put on at 12:30pm up against BT/TNT prem game

There will be no need to adjust fixtures

If the five games are spread over fri/sat/sun/mon OTHER fixtures MIGHT have to be re-arranged

The reason I stated about the ITV/AGM on thursday is the fact that in my opinion ITV would only have friday and saturday games to show highlights

OR they will have a second highlights show on Monday/Tuesday.

So I will ask the question about HIGHLIGHTS coverage to see what the situation might become.

On the first weekend of the season 2024/25 we will be away due the balloon fiesta taking place

I think on that weekend only, it WILL be fri/sat/sun/mon as there are no prem games

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I noticed we were last on for the Rotherham game,and we normally are at the ass end of the highlights,and only a few seconds long

Regarding the kick off times of the five championship games

Sky have stated that the full live will be announced up to January 2025

So if all five games are put on at 12:30pm up against BT/TNT prem game

There will be no need to adjust fixtures

If the five games are spread over fri/sat/sun/mon OTHER fixtures MIGHT have to be re-arranged

The reason I stated about the ITV/AGM on thursday is the fact that in my opinion ITV would only have friday and saturday games to show highlights

OR they will have a second highlights show on Monday/Tuesday.

So I will ask the question about HIGHLIGHTS coverage to see what the situation might become.

On the first weekend of the season 2024/25 we will be away due the balloon fiesta taking place

I think on that weekend only, it WILL be fri/sat/sun/mon as there are no prem games

We might not be away on the first weekend if they pick us for a Monday night game.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I thought it was more than a little naughty that there was no mention of it in the season ticket media- which I would imagine is true for all the EFL clubs. 

What do you expect them to say? The timings aren't published yet so it would only be a guesstimate. As previously stated our fanbase appear to be more informed than others on the subject and although we can only speculate on what might happen I suspect the  vast majority of our fans who were going to renew, did so knowing and in spite of the potential scheduling issues.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

What do you expect them to say? The timings aren't published yet so it would only be a guesstimate. As previously stated our fanbase appear to be more informed than others on the subject and although we can only speculate on what might happen I suspect the  vast majority of our fans who were going to renew, did so knowing and in spite of the potential scheduling issues.

I’d expect nothing. 

As for “our fan based is more informed…” is the sort of thing I’d expect a sag to come out with. 

Edited by Barrs Court Red

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’d expect nothing. 

As for “our fan based is more informed…” is the sort of thing I’d expect a sag to come out with. 

In all honesty, I've scanned some other forums and maybe the Two BCFCs are big contrast points but I don't see much debate about the potential impact

Forums can only be a snapshot of course, granted.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 28/04/2024 at 11:08, Chairman Mao said:

I remember starting to watch city after moving to Bristol in 2006. The ground was outdated. The fans seemed to be mostly 40+. It was quite stale. Fast forward to now and we seem to be in a much healthier position. The only big miss is that apparently the corporate facilities at the ground aren't enough, and we are missing out on revenue because of it. I know otib won't like it but to bring in the cash we need more of the prawn sandwich brigade in the Lansdown.

Get to the Premiership, we won't be able to get a seat, because of them.