IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely woeful.

Someone should drug test that Patch Warner bloke though, unreal.

My particular favourite was when he said Stoke were “running down the clock” when they made a substitution.

They were 4 up & had hit the woodwork twice by then..

What did Patch Warner say :laugh:?  He’s certainly king of the happy clappers 

Just now, Northern Red said:

I'm sure he's got more class, but you'd forgive John Eustace for having a whopping sense of schadenfreude.

I hope not. Would like to see him lose it after “have some of that you Bluenose bastards”……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is one good bit of news!!

Birmingham ⬇️

Bristol Post headline for the City game should be:

'Birmingham spare City's blushes'

because, quite frankly, if losing 4-0 to Stoke means the football gods relegate the Small Heath Alliance, then I'm all for it. Well done City.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Typical end of season nothing game. Not worth saying anything much  apart from a back 3 played with high WB's will create a lot of problems for us. Players were on the beach, noone wanted an injury that would stop them jetting off. 

Brum down is great, but the Championship is a slog. We can all sit happy in mid table, but we were 12 points better off than Brum, 4 wins, yet 28 points off of third. It is so easy to go from mid table to a relegation battle. Big recovery plays from QPR, Wednesday and Milwall. 

But what a season for Ipswich, non parachute payments, and they lost only 6 games. One of the really great promotion stories. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

A pint was £2 all day today at St Andrews. Glad I don’t wear uniform. 

That yank ***** owner was on the pitch before the game geeing them all up before kick off too. Would wager on him locking himself up in the boardroom until next week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Bristol Post headline for the City game should be:

'Birmingham spare City's blushes'

because, quite frankly, if losing 4-0 to Stoke means the football gods relegate the Small Heath Alliance, then I'm all for it. Well done City.

Only room for one BCFC in this League.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1
47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

So who is still confident that next season won’t be same old, same old City ?

We beat Hull 5-0 on the last day a couple of seasons ago, lost 2-1 to them on first day of the next , not happy but see what the summer brings and see what happens next season from there 

Just now, Kingston_Red said:

We we’re crap but plenty of credit in bank after recent run.

For me no credit or debit just cos we were shite today in a game of beach football. New season, clean slate, get in players we need and produce (or not) and then we can form a proper opinion.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Is there bollocks. Where owed something worth watching next season.

Quite.

The recovery post Easter was positive, perhaps got us back to where we should be.

Today however smacked of Sunderland away but without some luck/great O'Leary saves. Certainly not plenty of credit, I agree.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I’m as disappointed as the next fan and certainly have reservations on Manning but one or two have been waiting for today to happen by the looks of it. Lose 4-0 on the opening day next season and by all means go in with studs showing………..

• Like 7

After hearing the news of Pearson leaving, we’d have all been delighted if someone told us we’d finish 11th, with a positive goal difference and a cup giant killing. It’s a shame that today has put a massive dampener on what has otherwise been a solid end to the season, but that’s human nature I guess. 

• Like 6