IGNORED

Tinnion is back!

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus, that feels a bit extreme. I know Tinnion blocked @Davefevs recently and in a way I kind of got it as Dave has been critical (not abusive) and Tinnion has a skin as thin as tracing paper.

But Paul Binning is, for me, someone who is more often on the side of the club than not. Good read, decent bloke but errs more to establishment than rebellion. Blocking him is just odd.

If he blocks Patch Warner and Math Withers next then he’s having a full on breakdown.

I really think he should stay clear of the Socials , BT is clearly far too kneejerk to be trusted. 
Typing then deleting Tweets ? That shouldn't be the actions of a big Company. To get upset and block people is weak and petty , specially when you take the role of unofficial propaganda wing of the Club.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This, every day.

Just to go off at a slight tangent here, the great Wayne Allison is now the proud possessor of a Doctorate that he studied for.

I’d be far, far happier if he was in Tinnion’s role, because in complete contrast, he’s literate & numerate.

The Chief got a lot of unnecessary stick here, but when he left, he seemed to spent the majority of his career in a higher division than Bristol City.

Remember, he's the reason we got that replay at Anfield.

Edited by Sleepy1968
sp
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The Chief got a lot of unnecessary stick here, but when he left, he seemed to spent the majority of his career in a higher division than Bristol City.

Mate & I were discussing this the other week, he scored over 100 goals at Championship level, Tony Thorpe scored 2…

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s just sad.

Like you I see Paul as far more “pro” the regime than most, so this is just pathetic.

No way is he blocking Patch “I’ve got our bean counter on my podcast today” Warner, he wouldn’t criticise the club if they started randomly talking people out of the Dolman & shooting them on the halfway line.

Speaking of being blocked on X, anyone else here found themselves blocked by SL despite having never interacted with him on there? 

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

One of my first favourite players, I loved him! I used to take a wheelchair user to away games, and when he was at the end of his career at Chesterfield he was warming up in front of us I got him to sign my programme and had a chat with him.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

To be honest I wouldn’t get rid of Manning first, it would be Tinnion to go. I really don’t think a former manager who was terrible in that role can now be in such a senior position, the behaviour is very up and down. Why block fans for having an opinion? It’s not like we’ve set the world on fire this season. 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I really think he should stay clear of the Socials , BT is clearly far too kneejerk to be trusted. 
Typing then deleting Tweets ? That shouldn't be the actions of a big Company. To get upset and block people is weak and petty , specially when you take the role of unofficial propaganda wing of the Club.

Someone at the club needs to strongly review this. It’s not acceptable. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

How on earth does he hold such a role at a championship football club. It’s truly absurd. The consistent lack of professionalism is just beyond a joke now really.

At times the criticism of him on here makes me quite sad as along with Wayne Allison he was my hero when I was about 5, but it’s beyond belief he is the Technical Director at a championship football club.

Don’t get me wrong, there are two people above him that are bigger stumbling blocks to this club ever progressing or truly achieving anything, but come on, let’s be sensible, we need to employ someone much more befitting of such a senior role if we wish to have any sort of success.

He did have a lovely left foot though.

It makes me laugh how he is promoting Yeboah who is now at Bath City level, yet earlier under Nige was given a chance. Nige created a pathway, Manning has been happy with 7 subs and not allowing academy players a matchday experience. So I’m sorry I don’t get his post at all! 

• Like 5

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Ipswich and Mark Ashton get promoted to the Premier league.

Whilst Brian Tinnion posts bollocks on Twitter about progress. Get the clown gone.

Mark Ashton wasn’t the problem, the owners appointing Lee Johnson as a former player was. Now it’s the same with the Tech Director. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

One of my first favourite players, I loved him! I used to take a wheelchair user to away games, and when he was at the end of his career at Chesterfield he was warming up in front of us I got him to sign my programme and had a chat with him.

This is why he shouldn't of been put in the position he's in. 1 He's not qualified to take such a position and 2 it's going to ruin or has everything we remember him for as a player. The way I look at it he's made a big mistake and done himself no favours.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

Just now, Street red said:

This is why he shouldn't of been put in the position he's in. 1 he's not qualified to take such a position and 2 it's going to ruin or has everything we remember him for as a player. The way I look at it he's made a big mistake and done himself no favours.

I think you’ve quoted the wrong post mate.

I don't think it's coincidental that Tins blocklist seemingly are some of the more 'influential' fans (I didn't make the blocklist) in terms of followers and often provide stats and data to back up their opinions.

Genuinely makes me believe he wants to be more prominent on social media without the negativity that always follows so trying to minimise the differing opinions and debates. 

This also feels like how the club is run at the moment... I'm at the point now where they've managed to convince themselves to believe their own lies and removing anybody else that dares disagree.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

Whilst reading the crassness of Tinnion’s post was as disappointing as it was inflammatory, it’s good to see so many comments on this thread seeing him for what he now is. 

He was a brilliant player, clearly, legendary status by the time he finished playing. He’s also done a good job in terms of the academy. Everything else however is a complete disrespectful shit show situation of his own making. 

If he’s lost the likes of @Davefevs and the Exiled Robin then this is only going to end very badly. 

Apart from it being questionable the timing of it after a 4 - 0 final day defeat is just astounding and provides yet more evidence that he and Lansdown are tone deaf to how many, many fans feel. 

I don’t even see Manning as part of the problem; in fact some of his recent comments challenging them could actually put him in a favourable position with the fans. Maybe he’s seen it for what it is as well. 

The sooner they are gone the better. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I don't think it's coincidental that Tins blocklist seemingly are some of the more 'influential' fans (I didn't make the blocklist) in terms of followers and often provide stats and data to back up their opinions.

Genuinely makes me believe he wants to be more prominent on social media without the negativity that always follows so trying to minimise the differing opinions and debates. 

This also feels like how the club is run at the moment... I'm at the point now where they've managed to convince themselves to believe their own lies and removing anybody else that dares disagree.

Indeed mate, I would say it’s propaganda but I’m not even sure he or they are smart enough for that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, One Team said:

Whilst reading the crassness of Tinnion’s post was as disappointing as it was inflammatory, it’s good to see so many comments on this thread seeing him for what he now is. 

He was a brilliant player, clearly, legendary status by the time he finished playing. He’s also done a good job in terms of the academy. Everything else however is a complete disrespectful shit show situation of his own making. 

If he’s lost the likes of @Davefevs and the Exiled Robin then this is only going to end very badly. 

Apart from it being questionable the timing of it after a 4 - 0 final day defeat is just astounding and provides yet more evidence that he and Lansdown are tone deaf to how many, many fans feel. 

I don’t even see Manning as part of the problem; in fact some of his recent comments challenging them could actually put him in a favourable position with the fans. Maybe he’s seen it for what it is as well. 

The sooner they are gone the better. 

Watched city for close to 35 years now’ really don’t get how some people think he’s a club legend’ he played mainly in the 3 rd division for us ‘ he was a good 3rd division player’ there are plenty of other players who genuinely deserve legendary status’ not Tinnion.

• Like 16
  • Facepalm 1

Christ, give the guy a break, he tries to post something positive and gets derided for it.

Spreading positive energy is a good thing, this place has too many cruel people who love to jump on his back.

He had a fall out with Nigel Pearson, these things happen, it doesn't mean he's evil or something.

BT loves Bristol City, like we do, and he has limitations to his talent, but why the constant need to bash him?

And as for mocking the grammar of his tweet, well that's just poor form, he's not trying to compose quality literary content, it's meant to be a quick read, something simple to digest.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Watched city for close to 35 years now’ really don’t get how some people think he’s a club legend’ he played mainly in the 3 rd division for us ‘ he was a good 3rd division player’ there are plenty of other players who genuinely deserve legendary status’ not Tinnion.

Fair enough mate and I can see your point. Personally as a player I think he was but all that feels eroded now. 

6 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Winning goal at Anfield?  His number of appearances for the club?  One of the key parts of an incredible promotion winning team, with a crossing ability that could tear teams to shreds and create loads of chances for Goater and Cramb?

He's absolutely a club legend, the level he played at doesn't matter because that was usually our level anyway!

He was my fave player during the 90's and must have assisted over 100 goals. I don't have the stat but it could well be higher!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Christ, give the guy a break, he tries to post something positive and gets derided for it.

Spreading positive energy is a good thing, this place has too many cruel people who love to jump on his back.

He had a fall out with Nigel Pearson, these things happen, it doesn't mean he's evil or something.

BT loves Bristol City, like we do, and he has limitations to his talent, but why the constant need to bash him?

And as for mocking the grammar of his tweet, well that's just poor form, he's not trying to compose quality literary content, it's meant to be a quick read, something simple to digest.  

He gets bashed because he’s constantly acting like a child’ are you really happy with a senior member of the club constantly bullshiting and basically lying.

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Winning goal at Anfield?  His number of appearances for the club?  One of the key parts of an incredible promotion winning team, with a crossing ability that could tear teams to shreds and create loads of chances for Goater and Cramb?

He's absolutely a club legend, the level he played at doesn't matter because that was usually our level anyway!

He was my fave player during the 90's and must have assisted over 100 goals. I don't have the stat but it could well be higher!

Your entitled to your opinion’ for me he’s certainly no legend’ especially how he’s behaving now.

• Like 6