IGNORED

Tinnion is back!

18 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Manning and Tinnion must have conflicting views on the ability of our academy players as we’ve had Mebude wasting a space on the bench for the last couple of months 

Much as I’m unconvinced that Liam is a man who trusts youth, or brings them through, based on the collective evidence of three years in management, I think we can now all safely state that Mebude was only on the bench as there were contract clauses in place in the loan agreement that meant we were penalised if he wasn’t in matchday squads. I don’t think his presence is here or there when it comes to academy players - it was more that it would have cost us £££ if we had left him out and we could afford, with 9 subs, to have him on the bench without impacting overall tactics.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Christ, give the guy a break, he tries to post something positive and gets derided for it.

Spreading positive energy is a good thing, this place has too many cruel people who love to jump on his back.

He had a fall out with Nigel Pearson, these things happen, it doesn't mean he's evil or something.

BT loves Bristol City, like we do, and he has limitations to his talent, but why the constant need to bash him?

And as for mocking the grammar of his tweet, well that's just poor form, he's not trying to compose quality literary content, it's meant to be a quick read, something simple to digest.  

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Winning goal at Anfield?  His number of appearances for the club?  One of the key parts of an incredible promotion winning team, with a crossing ability that could tear teams to shreds and create loads of chances for Goater and Cramb?

He's absolutely a club legend, the level he played at doesn't matter because that was usually our level anyway!

He was my fave player during the 90's and must have assisted over 100 goals. I don't have the stat but it could well be higher!

Agree with much of what you say and fair play to you, such a shame to see somebody who was worshipped as a player being pilloried, some of the comments feel like bullying.

Having said that, saying that he "fell out" with NP is a bit disingenuous given what actually happened, and I have been told a story very recently by an ex long serving employee and life long fan of the club, who was well respected at the club and good at his job, and considered himself to be on friendly terms with Tins, but was pushed out, which doesn't reflect very well on Tins, at all.

The bigger picture though is it doesn't reflect well on the personnel above Tinnion, where the level of competence is truly shocking, which has long been my gripe.

Clever businessmen employ people who are better and more intelligent than themselves. The travesty is that Tinnion may be that, just that the bar hasn't been set very high.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hes getting this stick because he’s largely brought it on with how he acts on twitter tbh. 

Narky replies back to fans over the summer & beyond, the “I’m coming off this platform, see you when we’re premier league” post that he deleted a few weeks later because we beat West Ham. And now this. He’s supposed to be a senior member of the board, and Seems to forget him how it makes the club when he acts like this.

It’s almost child like behaviour. 

He’s exemplifying Manning’s “behaviours”.

• Haha 2

Who is "head of communications", or whatever they call themselves these days, at the football club, or Bristol Sport ? Surely they should be having a word with Brian or vetting his various pronouncements before they are released to the world !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

He gets bashed because he’s constantly acting like a child’ are you really happy with a senior member of the club constantly bullshiting and basically lying.

Fair enough, but I don't see much evidence that he's always lying, although that's the general consensus on here.  He's a legend to me, and I say that even though I don't believe he has the skill or technical ability for the role he's currently at.  But I don't blame him for trying to succeed at the role, if that's his burning ambition, I'll respect it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Team said:

If he’s lost the likes of @Davefevs and the Exiled Robin then this is only going to end very badly. 

I’d say the opposite. Everything Dave says, the opposite tends to happen. Let’s not mention his opinion on Mark Ashton as Ipswich are now celebrating their return to the Premier League (he’ cleverly puts a caveat on most opinions so he can easily do a political u-turn). Best thing I ever did was put him and his own self inflated ego on ignore. 

The fact he’s predicting failure fills me with more hope. 

COYRs

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 14

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Speaking of being blocked on X, anyone else here found themselves blocked by SL despite having never interacted with him on there? 

Not blocked by SL, and JL actually follows me…and I’ve been critical of both on X.

Tins blocking was surprising (to me anyway)…but as for Exiled Robin, I find astonishing.

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Whilst reading the crassness of Tinnion’s post was as disappointing as it was inflammatory, it’s good to see so many comments on this thread seeing him for what he now is. 

He was a brilliant player, clearly, legendary status by the time he finished playing. He’s also done a good job in terms of the academy. Everything else however is a complete disrespectful shit show situation of his own making. 

If he’s lost the likes of @Davefevs and the Exiled Robin then this is only going to end very badly. 

Apart from it being questionable the timing of it after a 4 - 0 final day defeat is just astounding and provides yet more evidence that he and Lansdown are tone deaf to how many, many fans feel. 

I don’t even see Manning as part of the problem; in fact some of his recent comments challenging them could actually put him in a favourable position with the fans. Maybe he’s seen it for what it is as well. 

The sooner they are gone the better. 

I think you might overplay any influence you think my tweets have!  Just a fan with an opinion, hopefully an objective, balanced opinion.

• Like 4

Although he’s deleted his post he can’t delete replies to it, do If you type in the search on Twitter / X his username @tinnion_brian then click latest you can scroll and see some the tweets / (x’s ???) he’s had in response to what he wrote.  Nothing too bonkers, guy has an ego & is a massive liability for the club. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not blocked by SL, and JL actually follows me…and I’ve been critical of both on X.

Tins blocking was surprising (to me anyway)…but as for Exiled Robin, I find astonishing.

I think you might overplay any influence you think my tweets have!  Just a fan with an opinion, hopefully an objective, balanced opinion.

Shocked that you and Exiled were blocked, really cannot understand that. But I’m even more shocked that the club had a Technical Director on the front page of a marketing brochure for season ticket renewals. Shows the power. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fair enough, but I don't see much evidence that he's always lying, although that's the general consensus on here.  He's a legend to me, and I say that even though I don't believe he has the skill or technical ability for the role he's currently at.  But I don't blame him for trying to succeed at the role, if that's his burning ambition, I'll respect it.

Can’t blame him for taking the money’ there’s no other club in the championship who’d give him the same role’ for me he’s manufactured his position’ it’s just another of sl bizarre decisions.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would say you are one of the most respected contributors to this forum Fevs. Your opinions are well balanced and backed up with detailed analysis, unlike a lot of the emotional knee jerk reactions (mine included at times!) or agendas that some have on here. 

The fact that Tinnion has blocked you and the Exiled Robin is pretty damning for him. You can understand him blocking people who are being personally abusive but blocking two contributors who are fair and balanced with their opinions is really poor.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

How on earth does he hold such a role at a championship football club. It’s truly absurd. The consistent lack of professionalism is just beyond a joke now really.

At times the criticism of him on here makes me quite sad as along with Wayne Allison he was my hero when I was about 5, but it’s beyond belief he is the Technical Director at a championship football club.

Don’t get me wrong, there are two people above him that are bigger stumbling blocks to this club ever progressing or truly achieving anything, but come on, let’s be sensible, we need to employ someone much more befitting of such a senior role if we wish to have any sort of success.

He did have a lovely left foot though.

Spot on.

For all of our spending on and off the pitch, is there any club in the Championship who look more ameteurish behind the scenes than we do?

Does Tinnion get near a Technical Director role at any other Championship club?
Does Jon Lansdown get near a Chairman role at any other Championship club?
How many other Championship clubs don't have a CEO?

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, One Team said:

I would say you are one of the most respected contributors to this forum Fevs. Your opinions are well balanced and backed up with detailed analysis, unlike a lot of the emotional knee jerk reactions (mine included at times!) or agendas that some have on here. 

The fact that Tinnion has blocked you and the Exiled Robin is pretty damning for him. You can understand him blocking people who are being personally abusive but blocking two contributors who are fair and balanced with their opinions is really poor.

Spot on , I think he’s got paper thin skin’ he’s coming across as a little bit paranoid.

• Like 1

I find the whole management structure at the club baffling.

I find the people appointed to management jobs to be, at the kindest, square pegs in round holes.

I should like the club to be more transparent in their recruitment procedures for key back room appointments.

I should like the club to be more transparent over its policies regarding ongoing professional training.

Too many of us on Otib have said time and again there is a lack of professionalism amongst our back room staff, and to give just two examples - pr and scouting

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Spot on.

For all of our spending on and off the pitch, is there any club in the Championship who look more ameteurish behind the scenes than we do?

Does Tinnion get near a Technical Director role at any other Championship club?
Does Jon Lansdown get near a Chairman role at any other Championship club?
How many other Championship clubs don't have a CEO?

Well indeed. I find it quite telling when we do bring genuine Premier League experience it doesn’t hang around long, for one reason or another. 

This shit show of a season all started with Phil Alexander leaving. You do wonder what really went on there, someone of his calibre and experience leaving after only 9 months. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

Well indeed. I find it quite telling when we do bring genuine Premier League experience it doesn’t hang around long, for one reason or another. 

This shit show of a season all started with Phil Alexander leaving. You do wonder what really went on there, someone of his calibre and experience leaving after only 9 months. 

As Piercy said, this club has an obsession with wanting to achieve success in a 'pure way' 

Having experienced people in the building isn't considered pure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I should like the club to be more transparent in their recruitment procedures for key back room appointments.

We can be confident they went through a rigorous 6 week process with quality candidates from all over the world applying before coming to the objective conclusion that Jon and Brian were the best. And good humans of course.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, One Team said:

Thanks for your kind words.  Just a small part of a great forum / community.

• Robin 1

The football club is a basket case. It ain’t just Tinnion who is just another Lansdown ridiculous appointment. It is the Chief Exec, Chairman and Board also. The sooner Lansdown goes, the better. What a rediculous Twitter post.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Jobs for the boys until it all falls apart -> back to experience and show solid signs then fall out with experienced characters and revert back -> jobs for the boys and the perpetual cycle continues forever more and Bristol City barely move forward.

We had experience in the hierarchy jump ship or pushed out and players with experience in the dressing room move on. I am fully convinced in a year's time we'll be having the same conversations after a lacklustre season begging for a bit more Championship experience and know-how.

The best part of this season for me was seeing the academy lads getting opportunities running their socks off for the shirt, sure as hell won't see that next season. 

BT has a job for as long as Steve and Jon want him around. Steve ain't bothered and Jon wants to do his colouring books so leaves BT to it. The only reason you got progression with the academy this season is because of the man you shoved off the plank because he hurt some feelings. 

By the way BT reacts and responds to criticism shows how he feels, you're in a key position of power in the club, if you can't take it then just stay out of the way. I don't agree with everything fevs or ER says, no need to get butthurt over differing opinions.

This club winds me up so much with how petty they act, I am thankful we've got a fairly honest group of players who don't roll over constantly when things aren't going well, otherwise we'd be deep in it.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks for your kind words.  Just a small part of a great forum / community.

If it helps to balance things out; I don't respect you at all.

Now I've got that off my chest, Tinnion is out of his depth, no doubt about it. See also JL's recent interview where the confusion/blurred lines between Tinnion, JL, Marshall and Rawcliffe were clear to see. I bang on about it but the deletion of the club-specific CEO and the spreading of those responsibilities amongst 4 people is, in my simple opinion, the single worst decision made at the club last season.

It's also a decision that singularly demonstrates the egos in the boardroom, the naivety on the footballing side, the hubris of favouring people who "know the club" over talent, the desire to things the "pure" way, the closed shop attitude etc. 

It's bonkers, and it has the butterfly effect of leading to things like this tweet.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Indeed mate, I would say it’s propaganda but I’m not even sure he or they are smart enough for that. 

no mate,  propaganda at bcfc now means go back,have another look and pay more attention next time👍😉

21 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I am still a supporter of Steve Lansdown and feel that he has done a lot more good for this club than bad, and I also think that opinion on this forum is a lot more anti the people in charge than exists amongst the general fanbase.

I even don't mind Jon too much, he's obviously not particularly competent at anything he does, but is in a position where I can't help but feel he can't do a lot of harm.

Brian Tinnion is a person who did a perfectly good job as a loans and development manager with the academy, and had he stayed there I think his position as a club legend would have been safe.

He is, however, obviously not suited to his current role, he really just isn't clever enough. One small anecdote to illustrate....

In his testimonial year, twenty odd years ago now, for some reason that I cannot to this day fathom, I was teamed up with Brian and his wife at a quiz night in the Dolman Hall that was part of the fundraising.

They were both very nice people and we got on perfectly well, but I'm fairly sure that just about every point we scored was despite Brian, not because of.

As an example, there was a thing where between every round you got a clue to the identity of a mystery footballer - The answer was Brian Tinnion and he didn't get it!

That's a brilliant anecdote about the quiz night Rich! 🤣

>I also think that opinion on this forum is a lot more anti the people in charge than exists amongst the general fanbase.

What is it that makes you come to that conclusion? In my view opinion on here is fairly articulate criticism, what I see and hear away from this forum is far more vociferous.

FWIW I am very critical of Lansdown, but I do recognise the positive things that he's done over the last 20 years, as well as all of the negatives.