IGNORED

Imagine

JAWS

I guess the easiest thing @RedRossis to use the report button, or post something in the thread itself, to ask the mods to merge with an existing thread.

That keeps things neat and tidy too.  Either a thread grows becayse there is something worth discussing or it tails off onto page 2 and beyond.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

It's not pointless because I think this thread isn't really about changing anything re the club. It's for attention and ironically I've added to it.

We've had loads of these disillusioned threads pop up especially the last 12 months. Many of them say things like 'I won't renew my ST' or just waffle like the OP. Then months later they've renewed and are actively posting in match threads about the game. It's all about personal attention and achieves nothing.

Belittle him.. Like he's done to to JL in the starting post? If you were JL would you consider a fans point of view if they call you crayon boy? Again it's not going to achieve anything especially like that.

Happy to be belittled if people think it's warranted. I only disrespect the lansdowns because of the contempt they have shown us fans previously. I don't think they respect us or consider us for one minute apart from taking our money. 

I'm also not out for attention. I'm extremely frustrated and the forum is a vehicle to vent that. 

I was trying to put a different take on SL's tenure to bring to light his overall poor management. 

In football clubs the owner provides the funds & leave experts to manage. Obviously keeping a watchful eye. SL hasn't done that. He is the decision maker and in my view that has been his downfall. 

The infrastructure is great but comparable with most championship clubs. He has put significant funds in to pay for things & 'write off' debt. He isn't doing it for love or generosity. Nor should he BUT it is his poor management that has led to a great deal of the extortionate spending.

To my mind he has put us in a very unique position & it cannot be a coincidence that,despite publicly inviting investment, there are no suitors. Yet we see interest in other less seemingly attractive clubs. 

He wanted fame & notoriety. He's got that. He also wants his money back & that's the problem as the figure to recover his expenditure is not representative of the value of the club.

Anyway apologies if I've offended anyone (lansdowns apart)

• Like 11

Obviously people can have their opinions but I really don't agree with this OP.

Taking our money? Not in the PL? I think some people have a lack of awareness. Just look around at other clubs and what their situation is.

The sports pages are currently dealing with relegation misery, dodgy owners, points deductions, constant manager changes. Meanwhile the really big teams are disliked by everyone except in the primary school playground where they can only understand trophy numbers.

I am disappointed my Dad didn't live to see another promotion but he was a realist and always understood how much investment the club needed just to tread water.

I don't agree with everything the club might do but having new foreign owners just to get into FFP trouble with a PL relegation dogfight is not something I would enjoy.

Challenging for top 6 feels about right for the club at this time. If only we could find a way to beat the bottom 6 teams we would have been a lot closer this season. That is down to the coaches to work on and a more interesting discussion for me than SLs strategies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

but having new foreign owners just to get into FFP trouble with a PL relegation dogfight is not something I would enjoy

Why foreign owners per se?

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

I think that those of us with this opinion should start a thread every single day. 

What else is there to do?

Stay silent?

That's what they want. 

Not me.

S.U.A.F.O.

Go for a walk

Stop agonising over Steve

Get a dog / life.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

12 hours ago, Superjack said:

And what exactly do you expect me to do?

Why don’t you go out & source an investor. You make it sound so easy like there a queue of financiers wishing SL will step aside & leave the way clear.

If you’re really motivated you won’t let your lack of connections stand in the way.

I’m as frustrated as anyone but the constant digging out, is boring AF

3 hours ago, Jeez said:

Why don’t you go out & source an investor. You make it sound so easy like there a queue of financiers wishing SL will step aside & leave the way clear.

If you’re really motivated you won’t let your lack of connections stand in the way.

I’m as frustrated as anyone but the constant digging out, is boring AF

We haven’t got people, groups interested in taking us over because we’re ridiculously over priced’ Steve’s ego won’t let him walk away with a big loss ‘ ( of his own making).

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

We haven’t got people, groups interested in taking us over because we’re ridiculously over priced’ Steve’s ego won’t let him walk away with a big loss ‘ ( of his own making).

And over-complicated with Bristol Sport umbrella. Pretty sure that has narrowed the market as most would focus on football. 

He is lauded for debt write offs season after season but I think they are just 'I owe you's' & all the while, if he wont speculate, the 'I owe you's' are getting bigger. You can tell by his public rants of how expensive things are. He simply doesn't like losing money and i get the feeling he's digging in to get the write offs back. 

Hence no outside interest. Why would someone pay £200m, or whatever the latest cumulative loss is, more than what we're worth? It's not a good starting point! 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the last bitter laugh & puts us into administration.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAWS said:

And over-complicated with Bristol Sport umbrella. Pretty sure that has narrowed the market as most would focus on football. 

He is lauded for debt write offs season after season but I think they are just 'I owe you's' & all the while, if he wont speculate, the 'I owe you's' are getting bigger. You can tell by his public rants of how expensive things are. He simply doesn't like losing money and i get the feeling he's digging in to get the write offs back. 

Hence no outside interest. Why would someone pay £200m, or whatever the latest cumulative loss is, more than what we're worth? It's not a good starting point! 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the last bitter laugh & puts us into administration.

Agree with most of that but there’s no way he’d put us into administration.

6 hours ago, JAWS said:

Happy to be belittled if people think it's warranted. I only disrespect the lansdowns because of the contempt they have shown us fans previously. I don't think they respect us or consider us for one minute apart from taking our money. 

I'm also not out for attention. I'm extremely frustrated and the forum is a vehicle to vent that. 

I was trying to put a different take on SL's tenure to bring to light his overall poor management. 

In football clubs the owner provides the funds & leave experts to manage. Obviously keeping a watchful eye. SL hasn't done that. He is the decision maker and in my view that has been his downfall. 

The infrastructure is great but comparable with most championship clubs. He has put significant funds in to pay for things & 'write off' debt. He isn't doing it for love or generosity. Nor should he BUT it is his poor management that has led to a great deal of the extortionate spending.

To my mind he has put us in a very unique position & it cannot be a coincidence that,despite publicly inviting investment, there are no suitors. Yet we see interest in other less seemingly attractive clubs. 

He wanted fame & notoriety. He's got that. He also wants his money back & that's the problem as the figure to recover his expenditure is not representative of the value of the club.

Anyway apologies if I've offended anyone (lansdowns apart)

No worries because your bang on.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No way, he’d lose his loans right off the bat.

Fair enough Fevs. I did think it was a stretch to suggest that! 

What do you think the answer is if the same cycle continues?

At some point he will have to take a sizeable hit if he wants to sell. 

Otherwise I can see JL doing it when he inherits. 

I guess if he unlocks the Sporting Quarter JR challenge it may open a few doors 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I just can get into this SL bashing. As far as I'm concerned the credit/loss account still sees him in the black. He's made mistakes, which owner hasn't. We have been dismayed by some of the managerial choices and  I'm not convinced we've benefited from Bristol Sport. However, for me his biggest mistake, after his move to Guernsey, was  relinquishing close control of the club to his son Jon who does not possesses the business acumen, or indeed the personability of his father. But if I'm to Imagine anything (other than a song by John Lennon) then it's if he called in the debts owed to him by the club instead of increasing his shares, we wouldn't have a club to support. 

• Like 1