IGNORED

Liam Rosenior Sacked

Ungrateful barstewards!

He did a fantastic job keeping the Tigers in contention. Hope you find a new job in the Championship soon Liam.

https://talksport.com/football/1858012/liam-rosenior-sacked-hull-city/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2024-05-07-Breaking-news-

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull after missing out on Championship play-offs

Liam Rosenior has been sacked by Hull City, talkSPORT understands.

It comes just days after the end of the Championship season where Hull missed out on the play-offs.

Rosenior was nominated for Championship manager of the season

They finished the season in seventh place and lost on the final day to Plymouth.

Hull were three points behind sixth place Norwich, who were also beaten on the final day of the campaign.

The 39-year-old was nominated for Championship manager of the season and has been in charge since November 2022.

Following the loss to Plymouth, Rosenior said: “It’s a really disappointing day. It says a lot about the league that every single team that was battling against relegation won. It’s a tough league.

“Plymouth gave so much energy into their performance – they ran, they chased, they tackled.

“We didn’t come onto a good game in the first 20 minutes. Maybe we played the occasion a little bit rather than the game.

“There are tears in the dressing room from a few of the lads. Among the disappointment and the pain, I couldn’t be prouder, not just of them but every single person connected with the football club.

“From where we’ve come from last season and what we’ve built, there’s a real bedrock, a real foundation for us to go on and achieve in the long term for this football club.”

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Not surprised. Some big players there and not to make play offs must of been disappointing.

Wouldnt mind him down the gate in the future!

Not a bad shout in fairness. Could see him doing a good job here.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

With the money they spent play offs should have been the minimum. Doubt they will find someone with the same skill set as him mind

Blimey!

Well, their owner is in a hurry! Sh*t or bust.

Ours of course have a more steady approach - at times frustratingly steady but they maybe have more of a long term view of the place of the club in the local community than the chap at Hull.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Not surprised. Some big players there and not to make play offs must of been disappointing.

Wouldnt mind him down the gate in the future!

This is a pretty contradictory statement.

The first part suggests he’s failed in the job at Hull - and budget wise, you’d have to argue he has. You’re talking, forward wise, players of the nature of Carvalho, Philogene and Delap. Him even being nominated for championship manager of the year over QPR or Sheff Weds incumbents was odd and I think due in large part to his media background and that he speaks well.

So, if he’s failed - despite significant resources which we don’t have (or want to put in), at the same level as us, what would make him a man we’d like to see down here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think this was a harsh decision I don't think their squad is noticeably better than anyone who finished above them.

Although its nice to know if things go tits up (or go too well) next season there will be a good manager waiting in the wings. Has a connection to the club through his father as well. 

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Blimey!

Well, their owner is in a hurry! Sh*t or bust.

Ours of course have a more steady approach - at times frustratingly steady but they maybe have more of a long term view of the place of the club in the local community than the chap at Hull.

Yep. We hope to make 9th in The Championship by 2325.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is a pretty contradictory statement.

The first part suggests he’s failed in the job at Hull - and budget wise, you’d have to argue he has. You’re talking, forward wise, players of the nature of Carvalho, Philogene and Delap. Him even being nominated for championship manager of the year over QPR or Sheff Weds incumbents was odd and I think due in large part to his media background and that he speaks well.

So, if he’s failed - despite significant resources which we don’t have (or want to put in), at the same level as us, what would make him a man we’d like to see down here?

Failed at a club who chucked money at promotion.

Did really well at Derby when they didn't have resources.

Think he's potentially a better "coach" than "manager"

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Should have kept Twine.

I was gonna say the same, but actually :

With Twine : PPG 1.44

Post-Twine : PPG 1.84

So they actually performed much better without him 🤫

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Failed at a club who chucked money at promotion.

Did really well at Derby when they didn't have resources.

Think he's potentially a better "coach" than "manager"

To be fair, the Derby spell was 12 games (interim head coach between Rooney leaving after relegation and Warne taking charge). I think I might have mentioned before that 12 games is form as opposed to evidence of doing a great job!

I don’t dislike him but I don’t see any compelling evidence “for” him that would say if we were looking for a new boss he should be high on the list. Your coaching observation may be the right one.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep. We hope to make 9th in The Championship by 2325.

Context key here. My in-laws are all Hull. Club 100% bought by a chap with no prior connections, throws money at promotion - built around loan signings, will waltz off tomorrow if it doesn't work out. From the outside looks like exactly the model I wouldn't want for my club.

For the record, I've been fairly scornful of our lack of progress on the pitch down the years! But there is a limit.

Also for the record, I've spoken to Liam Rosenior in the past - distant past now, felt the manner of his departure rather dotted his copybook with the BCFC powers that be! I've always been impressed by him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

Think this was a harsh decision I don't think their squad is noticeably better than anyone who finished above them.

Although its nice to know if things go tits up (or go too well) next season there will be a good manager waiting in the wings. Has a connection to the club through his father as well. 

I would argue, on paper, that they have the best squad in the league. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Jobi said:

With the players they had they really should’ve made the playoffs. 

You could say that about several teams, including the ones who actually did make the playoffs.

Not that I really agree with you anyway. 

24 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

He has a connection to the club through himself too. 

I imagine he’d be in consideration if we have a poor start to next season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I would argue, on paper, that they have the best squad in the league. 

Going forward it's very good but at the back, terrible aside from Greaves. Both of their goalkeepers are awful.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Ungrateful barstewards!

He did a fantastic job keeping the Tigers in contention. Hope you find a new job in the Championship soon Liam.

https://talksport.com/football/1858012/liam-rosenior-sacked-hull-city/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2024-05-07-Breaking-news-

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull after missing out on Championship play-offs

Liam Rosenior has been sacked by Hull City, talkSPORT understands.

It comes just days after the end of the Championship season where Hull missed out on the play-offs.

Rosenior was nominated for Championship manager of the season

They finished the season in seventh place and lost on the final day to Plymouth.

Hull were three points behind sixth place Norwich, who were also beaten on the final day of the campaign.

The 39-year-old was nominated for Championship manager of the season and has been in charge since November 2022.

Following the loss to Plymouth, Rosenior said: “It’s a really disappointing day. It says a lot about the league that every single team that was battling against relegation won. It’s a tough league.

“Plymouth gave so much energy into their performance – they ran, they chased, they tackled.

“We didn’t come onto a good game in the first 20 minutes. Maybe we played the occasion a little bit rather than the game.

“There are tears in the dressing room from a few of the lads. Among the disappointment and the pain, I couldn’t be prouder, not just of them but every single person connected with the football club.

“From where we’ve come from last season and what we’ve built, there’s a real bedrock, a real foundation for us to go on and achieve in the long term for this football club.”

Well he didn't show us much loyalty so what goes around comes around, a bit harsh though still.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

He underachieved with the resources available and knew his remit and the outcome if it didn't happen. Not necessarily promotion but play-offs minimum. Not to say it's all his fault because I think the owner is playing football manager with the recruitment. Spending big money on the big names which is risky and doesn't guarantee success in this league.

The talk about he'd be good here is strange. He's not done anything YET that would prove he'd be any good for us. He could be but I'm not convinced so far.

• Like 1