IGNORED

Retained list

14 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Shocking to lose Matty James. But not surprising that good experienced pros who have achieved more than the Head Coach and Technical Director in football are going. This club is going nowhere. 

I agree.

James, King, Weimann a lot of experience and good habits to lose in one summer- James 2 year deal and careful consideration for King in a coaching role would've been, would be my preferred option.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Just now, cellist said:

Thanked dire for his service. Classy touch (let the reader understand)

Think the majority of readers let out a big ‘Who’ when they read his name on the list

I think we’ve lacked true depth for some time and Matty would have been perfect midfield cover with his know-how and calmness. Sad to see him leave. 

I thought Marlee Francois was viewed as quite a prospect, guess it’s not quite happened, all the best to all the released youngsters. Down but not out. 

• Like 1

Can anyone shed any light as to why on the website story they’ve split it between under and over 24s released or under contract? As the EFL squads are based on U21s and it’s not an academy age group it just seems a bit weird - or is it to make it look like it’s a particularly young squad?

Manning and Tinnion clearly want to leave the Pearson era in the past. Severing all ties.

Matty James is a big loss and will go on to play a starring role for another Championship club next season. 

Twine gone too?

Tinnion had better pull some big signings out of the bag this summer. 

Manning and Tinnion clearly want to leave the Pearson era in the past. Severing all ties.

Matty James is a big loss and will go on to play a starring role for another Championship club next season. 

Twine gone too?

• Confused 1

Just now, myol'man said:

Twine gone too?

I don't think he even has a bag.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Matty James, the best CM we’ve ever had at this level. A hill I’m willing to die on. 

That’s a big shout Pete, I’d probably say Marv edges it for me but absolutely class I’d agree. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Twine gone too?

Twine gone too?

Absolutely, James and King were going as soon as Nige was sacked and they’ve been entirely professional about it. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Shocking to lose Matty James. But not surprising that good experienced pros who have achieved more than the Head Coach and Technical Director in football are going. This club is going nowhere. 

It isn’t shocking - this is the nature of football, we still have a number of experienced pros and we may recruit some too. 

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Twine gone too?

Twine gone too?

The Geordie Bielsa will have it more than covered, don’t you worry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jobi said:

It isn’t shocking - this is the nature of football, we still have a number of experienced pros and we may recruit some too. 

It’s a gamble, even if it was predictable. The games where we lost the plot last season were predominantly ones James wasn’t available.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Twine gone too?

Twine gone too?

I am really surprised about Harry. I have followed him as I report on the 21's as well. In less than a year, his Bristol City dream has collapsed.

Travelled with the 1st team on last year's preseason tour...

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Twine gone too?

Twine gone too?

My view is moreso Tinnion and Jon Lansdown, probably Tinnion than Manning per se but a combination would make sense unless those two pull rank somewhat.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s a gamble, even if it was predictable. The games where we lost the plot last season were predominantly ones James wasn’t available.

Yes agreed - I think in max bird we have an obvious replacement.