IGNORED

Jim Ratcliffe cutting costs at Old T

22A

In a bid to reduce their overheads, Jim R has announced Manchester United player's families can attend the Cup Final at Wembley, but they'll have to pay their own fare.

How much to provide a 53 seater coach Manchester - London and return?

• Haha 1

Britain's richest man didn't become Britain's richest man by being generous. He's a notorious tightarse.

One thing that always gets me about Ratcliffe is despite his incredible wealth he always looks like he's been sleeping in a hostel after a day on White Lightning.

I read he recently berated club staff for untidiness. Er, right oh Jim. How about you start the clean up by buying a mirror?

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 9

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

In a bid to reduce their overheads, Jim R has announced Manchester United player's families can attend the Cup Final at Wembley, but they'll have to pay their own fare.

What, players who earn astronomical sums of money?

Who can afford all the luxurious they want while some fans will be going without necessities in order to afford a ticket.

Why is it that some people get offended on behalf of people who are rich beyond belief not get freebies?

Cry me a river.

• Like 2

As a percentage of the overall Man Utd budget this gesture is so small it can’t be measured. I’m sure he’s trying to send a message but he could have done something more meaningful 

53 minutes ago, 22A said:

I only clicked on this topic because I enjoy seeing Man Utd suffering and hope it continues for many more seasons to come. Such a noisey fan base when things are rosey but very quiet now apart from when they are waving Norwich scarves around and blaming the Glazers for their demise.

Jim R cutting costs is one thing but it seems the club have been cutting costs for years or rather spending it in the wrong areas. One example of many being that c@nt Antony bought for 80+ Million but not spending anything on a leaky roof. Laughable. ETH is a fraud as well and I hope he stays at OT for as long as possible.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Brexit supporting, tax evader Ratcliffe who wants the government to fund the redevelopment of Old Trafford. He can **** right off in my books. 

What has Brexit got to do with it? It’s like it’s a slur on his character. Just because he wanted to leave a corrupt anti-democratic bloc like the EU, along side many of us. Agree with your comment re the OT redevelopment. Manchester has already benefited massively from the public purse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Don’t think it’s about the money per se, think he’s sending a message that the days of freebies and slack attitudes are over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

In my book it is, but thats not really for this part of the forum..

No it's not.

Perhaps you could of thought about that a bit more before writing it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

What has Brexit got to do with it? It’s like it’s a slur on his character. Just because he wanted to leave a corrupt anti-democratic bloc like the EU, along side many of us. Agree with your comment re the OT redevelopment. Manchester has already benefited massively from the public purse. 

He's based in Monaco, if we could all go and live in Monaco to avoid the disaster of Brexit it wouldn't be so bad!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

The tax evader point made I laugh too 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Well as this is the football forum I won't get into that, there's a thread over on the politics forum that you may or may not be interested in.

Indeed, this is a football forum for football fans Roger.

Political views, as in your earlier comment, aren't of the slightest interest to anybody on here, and just ruin threads.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed, this is a football forum for football fans Roger.

Political views, as in your earlier comment, aren't of the slightest interest to anybody on here, and just ruin threads.

bob-handbag.gif

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It seemed to be of interest to CM!

He's relatively new on here, personally I'm sick to death of divisive political comments derailing threads and being a blight on an otherwise excellent forum.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's relatively new on here, personally I'm sick to death of divisive political comments derailing threads and being a blight on an otherwise excellent forum.

Couldn’t agree more NTB. However it’s immaterial if I’m new on here, or not (I’m not). As you say this is a football forum and not a vehicle to express your political leanings especially in this case when it’s of no relevance. I do find it mildly amusing that people parrot the same old diatribe about Brexit, Trump and the Tories being in league with the Devil i.e. the ‘official’ narrative which has to be adhered to. Anyway, back to the footy - have we signed a good right winger yet?!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 22A said:

Typical rags .